Battle of the Augments

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic192567.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By BiggsTrek - 10 Years Ago

BATTLE OF THE AUGMENTS

"In the not too distant future, the line between man and machine will become blurred.
While humans augment themselves with mechanical devices, basic human nature remains the same."

Starring BiggsTrek and JetCityWoman

Music by BiggsTrek

Directed by BiggsTrek

Thanks to:

freesound.org sony.com
reallusion.com audacity.com
iclonerevolution.com wolfzone.org
sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/

By The Mythical Dragon - 10 Years Ago
Good one! Very original. Nicely put together also.

By vlado - 10 Years Ago
Hy biggstrek,

thats a very cool movie with excellent animations and special effects. Very well done.Smile

By Postfrosch - 10 Years Ago
It*s a nice Idee. It's a good SciFi Clip
Greets from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
By RB3006 - 10 Years Ago
Hey, super cool Avatars, nice effects and a damaged Monitor ... great work

Robert
By Walt_R - 10 Years Ago
Wonderful use of vibrant colors. I felt like I was watching a Saturday morning cartoon. Camera work and special effects were terrific.
By justaviking - 10 Years Ago
That was fun.  I loved the way Jet stopped Propeller at the end, and his body started spinning.

Great sound effects, too.  They "augmented" the video very nicely.  Wink

QUESTION:  How did you do the effect of the spinning propeller?  I need to do the exact same thing for a small helicopter.  I have some ideas, but haven't tested any of them yet.  If I can learn from you, that'd be wonderful.

By rchai - 10 Years Ago
Nice colors and avatars, really fun cartoon to watch!
llmagazine (7/18/2014)
QUESTION: How did you do the effect of the spinning propeller? I need to do the exact same thing for a small helicopter. I have some ideas, but haven't tested any of them yet. If I can learn from you, that'd be wonderful.

It's a video texture I made up of multiple blurred propeller images, applied to a simple disc primitive (made in Sketchup, but could have been a simple flat plane) with a graduated opacity map (centre to edge). I can send it to you if you like.

Thanks for the question, and for watching!

(That goes to everyone else, too! Thanks!)
By mark - 10 Years Ago
TOTAL HOOT!!!!! Soooo much fun love it!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongue
By justaviking - 10 Years Ago
biggstrek (7/18/2014)
llmagazine (7/18/2014)
QUESTION: How did you do the effect of the spinning propeller? I need to do the exact same thing for a small helicopter. I have some ideas, but haven't tested any of them yet. If I can learn from you, that'd be wonderful.

It's a video texture I made up of multiple blurred propeller images, applied to a simple disc primitive (made in Sketchup, but could have been a simple flat plane) with a graduated opacity map (centre to edge). I can send it to you if you like.

Thanks for the question, and for watching!

(That goes to everyone else, too! Thanks!)

Thank you explanation.  That sound like what I was planning to do.  I was going to use a cylinder primitive, flatten it to a pancake, and apply a video like you did.  (Due to transparency, I guess there's no reason to use a "rounded" object.  I suppose even a "video plane" would work.)

I'd be thrilled to receive the video file you used.  Please PM me and we can work out the details of how to get it to me, based on the file size.

It was my pleasure to watch your video.  The "Saturday morning super-hero cartoon" style was really fun (not to be confused with the "Toon" look).

All the clips presented have been fun to watch.

I and others recently wrapped up a "Pinhead" project, and even though the genre is completely different, doing any significant project really makes you appreciate technical and storytelling talent in videos you normally wouldn't gravitate towards.  "Thanks" to all the contributors.

P.S.

You can see my miniature helicopter here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n23MJ3jaKtM#t=1267

About 40 seconds later you'll see it start to fly without the rotor spinning.  Miraculous technology.  Wink

By tripfreak - 10 Years Ago
Very funny vid with cool effects and excellent animations ! Cool
By thebiz.movies - 10 Years Ago
The perfect character for jetcitywoman. Loved the idea of the shell casing particles. (Propeller) Props to you Biggsy. Good work!
thebiz.movies (7/21/2014)
The perfect character for jetcitywoman. Loved the idea of the shell casing particles. (Propeller) Props to you Biggsy. Good work!

Thanks biz!

As to the Bullet Casings Emitter, I've put it up on the Marketplace for those that might find it useful (and a couple of other Emitters as well, one of them a Freebie):

By Peter Blood - 10 Years Ago
An awesome piece of animating Biggs. w00t There is just tons to love about it. What a great hero and villain, bizarre yet believable within the context of the vid. All around, an amazing job. Grats.

Cool pete

By DELETED2 - 10 Years Ago

What makes it strike intriguing chords for me is the Characters solidity and design. I love their simplicity in look. They have a massive Marvel Comic appeal. Top marks from me.

Armstrong.    

iClonia.com iCloneTutorials.com iClonia Blog