Change what the prop is attached to along the path.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic191961.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By stevew - 10 Years Ago
I am animating a character carrying a box.
I attach the box prop to his hand.
It starts of in his hand and the hand moves up.
He then starts walking it is at this point I need to detach from the hand and attach to the body (so the box is not jumping around.)

I can only attach - detach once.

Can I do this in iclone?

Cheers

SteveW
By wires - 10 Years Ago
Use Link instead of Attach.

Linkage can be changed.

By stevew - 10 Years Ago
Thanks I got that working now...

Cheers

SteveW
By Cricky - 10 Years Ago
stevew (7/10/2014)
I am animating a character carrying a box.
I attach the box prop to his hand.
It starts of in his hand and the hand moves up.
He then starts walking it is at this point I need to detach from the hand and attach to the body (so the box is not jumping around.)

I can only attach - detach once.

Can I do this in iclone?

Cheers

SteveW

If you aren't putting the box down, or passing it off to someone else, then use attach.

Do the scene motion as you want the character to perform while disregarding what the box is doing. It is moving around because you haven't removed the motion from the arm after the animation sequence is done.

Once you have that motion sequence done, including all motion layer edits, Collect It. Still disregarding what the box is doing.

Apply the collected motion back where it is needed, then break the motion where you want the arm to stop moving and influencing the box. Go to where you want this to pick up the motion of the arm and box to begin again and break it again just one frame before.

Now that you have a motion that you collected and did two breaks on, you now have 3 sections of motion: Section one where the arm goes up into position where you want the box to stop moving; Section two where you want the motion of the arm and box to stop moving; and the last section where the motion resumes, such as putting it down on a table.

Choose the middle section (Section two) and remove motion from the arm or hand (whichever is causing the box to move...probably the arm).. Now the character walks up to the first break point, and then stops moving the arm in section two, then continues using the motion after the second break in section three.

The rest of your collected motion stays intact, and doesn't interfere with the box, because the joint making it move has had its motion removed.