RL Live Update has stopped working

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic190642.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By animagic - 10 Years Ago
My RL Live Update has stopped working for some reason. A PC reboot didn't help. Is there a way to reinstall it?
By wires - 10 Years Ago
As far as I know, Live Update is part of the main iClone installer - I've never seen it as a stand-alone product. Only way to get it back again is to do a full, or repair, iClone install.

Just curious, but what do you need to update that can't be downloaded from your account?

With IC6 in the works I really don't think that we can expect any more patches/updates for IC5 or 3DX5.

I agree that Live Update is more of a convenience than a necessity, and I usually download patches directly. 

It was actually a Crazy Talk Animator patch that triggered it. It's not a big deal, I just wondered why Live Update stopped working.  

By theschemer - 10 Years Ago
I just checked my iClone 5.5 and the opening startup screen "Check for update" link works for me.
TS
Now I see what you were talking about. w00t I get the auto updater popup and it FAILS every time it checks for an update. Yesterday it was doing it quite a bit.
TS
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the feedback about this issue. We will look into the LiveUpdate problem and try to correct it as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

By Kat A. Tonik - 10 Years Ago
I've been seeing the same error with Crazytalk, CTA, iClone and 3dxchange. The faulting module is MSVCR90.DLL version 9.0.30729.6161, which is MS Visual C++ 2008 distrib. For iClone, however, it doesn't happen in the 64 bit version. Checked both Program file groups and note that under Prog. Files (x86) in Common Files\Reallusion\Shared, there are 2 dlls RLVnsThumb64.dll and RLVnsThumb64.dll. Checked this with shellexview and the 64 bit dll references this MSVCR90 version but the 32 bit doesn't appear to. I guess the question is what version of msvcr90 is needed for 32 bit?
UPDATE:

We are seeking a little more information on this issue as it appears to affect some users but not everyone. If you are affected by this issue, please can you provide your Dxdiag.txt file to Technical Support using the link below. This will help us track the problem. Many thanks.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

I am on a long holiday right now (back by the last week of August), but if it's still useful by then I'll gladly provide a dxdiag file.
I just sent a copy of my DXDiag.txt to support. Hope it helps.
TS
animagic (7/6/2014)
I agree that Live Update is more of a convenience than a necessity, and I usually download patches directly.

It was actually a Crazy Talk Animator patch that triggered it.It's not a big deal, I just wondered why Live Updatestopped working.

Well I think I may have it fixed. Smile It was a little weird because I would open3DXchange, then that started the RL Live Updater, and then the Crazytalk Animator V2.13 patch showed up as being needed (when I already had mine patched a while back). So when you would click ok to do the update, the Live Updater would crash, possibly because the patch was already there (I don't know why). So I just re-downloaded and re-installed the 2.13 patch for CTA2 and that seems to have fixed it. I can open 3DXchange without the Live Updater opening, although it appears it may be doing a silent check on all the RL apps. I rebooted my pc and cannot get it to fail so far. Time will tell. Anyone else having this problem and have CTA 2 looking for a patch, try re-installing the patch manually.
Hope this helps,
TS
I will check that out as soon as I'm back from vacation. I also have CTA2, so it is very likely you hit on a solution.
animagic (8/5/2014)
I will check that out as soon as I'm back from vacation. I also have CTA2, so it is very likely you hit on a solution.

Even though that seemed to have fixed it, the tech team had me update the Live Updater with a newer version so get with them and do it that way, as I am sure they have a reason and may have fixed the underlying problem.
TS
We have an updated RLLiveUpdate.exe file for those still experiencing problems. Just drop me a PM if you want it and I'll give you the link. Alternatively you can contact Support and they will help you. Smile
Peter (RL) (8/5/2014)
We have an updated RLLiveUpdate.exe file for those still experiencing problems. Just drop me a PM if you want it and I'll give you the link. Alternatively you can contact Support and they will help you. Smile

I will contact you about this once I'm back (in a few weeks already...Crying )

animagic (8/5/2014)

I will contact you about this once I'm back (in a few weeks already...Crying )

Vacations do tend to fly by that's for sure. Enjoy the rest of your break. Smile