Winner Announcement

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic185555.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 10 Years Ago
Dear all

After a long debate and judgment, the announcement for the winners of the movie poster tribute competition is finally here. We are all amazed by your creativity, production quality, and also your humor! It's really difficult to decide on he top 7 winners, since every submission is so remarkable and unique. Therefore, we return to the criteria defintions and choose those who got the highest scores in total. If you found your are not in the Top 7 list, please don't feel discouraged since your submissions are still outstanding in many other aspects.

Top 1

- Movie Title: Gone is my wind

- Tribute to: Gone with the wind

- Author: Channel Cat

Judge's Comment:

This submission is very eye-catchy, as it quickly reminds us of the original poster with its design and movie title. The author also did a great job on good character design, posing and expression. From the demo video, we can clearly see how he collected content from the RL Marketplace and the Trimble 3D Warehouse, and then made modifications and scene settings to complete the poster. It's really a perfect showcase demo on how to utilize iClone and resources from the community to create a movie poster tribute. That's why we chose this submission as the Top 1 winner.

Top 2

- Movie Title: Deracular

- Tribute to: Dracular

- Author: Mark

Judge's Comment:

Mark successfully got the tone for this old time movie poster. Dracula's...oh we mean Deracular's , face creation and outfit design were all so well made! The lighting, color tone, and scene setting are very professional! And the video also shows us how a creepy character face can be easily made from an iClone character! Good job!

Top 3

- Movie Title: Ack Ack Ack

- Tribute to: Mars Attacks

- Author: Toonarama

Judge's Comment:

This is another cool, old fashion-style movie poster remake! The author'successfully used his creativity in turning characters from Toon Maker and Monster packs, into alien characters. These characters make us hope to see them acting in a iClone-made Mars Attack tribute movie! Besides, the demo video also shows us how to create these characters step by step. Very well made!

In Top4~7 selection, we have 2 submissions who got the same score so we'll have Top4~8.

Top4~7 (listed alphabetically)

- Movie Title: A Dirty Mind

- Tribute to: A Beautiful Mind

- Author: Animagic

Judge's Comment:

It is one of the most hilarious submissions with the movie title and the tribute idea! Ha!

- Movie Title: Jowls

- Tribute to: Jaws

- Author: Mark Judge's

Comment:

Mark shows us how easy it is to make this poster with iClone and some post work in Photoshop, all in just a few minutes!

- Movie Title: Pulp Friction

- Tribute to: Pulp Fiction

- Author: Bezzer Judge's

Judge's Comment:

Lots of similarities in this creation, as everyone can easily tell this that this is a tribute to Quentin's classic hit "Pulp Fiction". This submission is good at character pose, expressions, and also good lighting which makes the poster more cinematic.

- Movie Title: The Color Mauve

- Tribute to: The Color Purple

- Author: Lynn3d

Judge's Comment:

By the first glance of this submission, we thought it was the original movie poster! Very nice work on character, background and light settings!

- Movie Title: UNDERGROUND

- Tribute to: Underworld

- Author: Andre Peisker

Judge's Comment:

This is also carries professional work on lighting and post effects. One of the most outstanding parts is the character's expression which really presents the cold and threatening experienced by Kate Beckinsale.

That's it! We really had a lot of fun watching all of your submissions! Thank you all for participating and for your wonderful efforts. See you in the next event! Smile

By toonarama - 10 Years Ago
Woo hoo! Thank you - I've never got a prize in a competition in my life before. Congratulations to the other winners and commiserations to those who didn't make the cut.

I really enjoyed creating  the poster and it has inspired me to start work on my first Iclone movie (at last).

By vidi - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations to all the winners
That is very nice and so fun. BigGrin
By colour - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations, all Smile 
By wires - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations to each and every one of you. Really impressive entries. Smile
By Popeye - 10 Years Ago
Well Done to all Smile
By The Mythical Dragon - 10 Years Ago
Congratz to all the winners! I enjoyed looking at all the posters made. Well done to everyone.

By Postfrosch - 10 Years Ago
All winners my congratulations
Greets from Germany
Postfrosch (Werner)
By pr2013 - 10 Years Ago
Congrats to all the winners!!!!

By mark - 10 Years Ago
Wow! THANKS!!!! Smile
I was pretty much prepared to go to the back of the class with all the great submissions for this contest...what an honor to be among these AWESOME winners... THANKS AGAIN!!!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

Now I can do JOWELS 2....TongueTongueTongueTongue

By Alley - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations everyone! This was a really fun contest and all the wins well deserved! Smile
By sjonesdc - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations to the winnersBigGrin
By BiggsTrek - 10 Years Ago
Good job everyone!
By warlord720 - 10 Years Ago
Congrats to everyone. Fantastic posters!Cool
By la_jessica37 - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations!!!! To all winners
By planetstardragon - 10 Years Ago
Congrats to all the winners! This was a fun contest! w00t
By Walt_R - 10 Years Ago
Congrats to all who won! Fantastic job! I had so much fun, and learned so much from the "how to" videos, I'm still creating posters. Can't wait for the next Reallusion contest.
 photo c51b6e5f-8200-416a-bd11-aa50804013f0_zps699a5a8d.jpg" border="0">
By Peter Blood - 10 Years Ago
Grats to all of the winners. BigGrin It was a gas seeing all of the posters and the winners were all great. w00t

Cool pete

By lynn3d - 10 Years Ago
Congrats to all the winners SmileSmile

Thank you very much Reallusion, that makes for a nice birthday present (04/29) BigGrinBigGrin
By Bezzer - 10 Years Ago
I can't believe I made the top 7 with so many stunning entries here:-)

Huge thanks to everybody for the wonderful support and congrats to all the winners (well deserved).
By GrannyJ - 10 Years Ago
Congratulations to all the winners!
By animagic - 10 Years Ago
Well, that woke me right up! Doze w00t

I feel honored to be one of the winners, as there were many excellent submissions! Congrats to all!

By AndrePeisker - 10 Years Ago
I would like to thank you all for your congratulations !

Greetings : Andre Peisker.
By Reignworld - 10 Years Ago
Wow! They all came out great, saw some I didn't see! Amazing ya'll!!!
By animagic - 10 Years Ago