A Dirty Mind

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic184112.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By animagic - 10 Years Ago
Here is my entry:

- Movie Title: A Dirty Mind 

- Tribute to: A Beautiful Mind

- Author: Animagic

Instead of a video, I'll give a description.

The setup is really very simple and consists of one window and two characters:

The camera is close to the window. The window is the one that comes with iClone under Architecture. I created an Opacity map to make the window panes transparant and I darkened the frame. Then I used a blend map to add the mathematical formulas to the window (inspired by the original poster).

I also made the window reflective and I used the built-in reflection to reflect the woman. The reflection quality is not that great, but the vagueness of the reflection actually worked out.

Finally I added some HDR effect, which really helped to bring out the man. The lighting is the default lighting with one point light added for the woman.

The faces of the characters were done with photo-matching directly in iClone. I had them already, so that was easy.

I usually work with very detailed sets, so a minimalistic setup like this was kind of fun. It was also a challenge to keep the poster somewhat decent...Tongue

By animagic - 10 Years Ago
I forgot to mention that the poster was done with a program called Poster Designer, which I used for the lettering (it has this cool film poster font built in).
By Postfrosch - 10 Years Ago
You have make a good, nice work.
Its grest.
With best wishes from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
By The Mythical Dragon - 10 Years Ago
Looks great animagic. Keeping it simple can help create some great looking stuff.

By mark - 10 Years Ago
Very clever!!!BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
By Popeye - 10 Years Ago
Good job!w00tw00tw00t
By lynn3d - 10 Years Ago
very "beautiful"
I mean the poster, less sure about the mind w00t
By Bezzer - 10 Years Ago
Great job on this, nice work.
By GrannyJ - 10 Years Ago
Stupendous job on the poster & nice description about use of camera....
What a nice tribute to one of my favorite movies.....
By BiggsTrek - 10 Years Ago
hahahahaha! Funny!