A Farewell Tribute to Mike Aparicio - Apparition

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic181480.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Alley - 10 Years Ago
As Peter has already announced, Mike lost his battle with cancer on March 23.  He was my partner in creativity but more than that, he was my friend.  He was generous, funny, talented, loyal and smart but it was his beautiful spirit that I will miss the most.  Even in his darkest moments, he still was uplifting, optimistic and patient with me.

Some of you did not see that side but I am glad that I did.  He brought a unique perspective that wasn't always popular, but noone can deny that he spoke what he felt and he was true to his convictions.     

My heart is broken today.

I made this little video as a tribute.  He sent me the music a few months ago....music was his passion, even more than iClone and he has composed some great stuff.  And yes, that is him singing.

By bluemidget666 - 10 Years Ago
From the pictures in the video, he looks to have had a full and happy life.
By planetstardragon - 10 Years Ago
he actually inspired me to use the vocaloid. wish i would have known he was that passionate about music, i would have loved to have helped him. Mike was a very passionate visionary, i use to enjoy watching his latest inventions - like the bending highway, the flowcloth nun - that was brilliant.

I am going to miss debating him, i had some of the biggest smiles discussing 3DS max with him. I'm part of a religious debate forum, and you would never imagine by how we go at each other, how close we really are.

RIP Mike, you left too soon bro.
By theschemer - 10 Years Ago
Very nicely done Alley. What else can I say...
By mark - 10 Years Ago
So sorry to hear of Mike's passing. My heart goes out to his family and close friends.

We've lost a great friend of the iClone community!

God Bless you Mike.
mp

P.S. A great video tribute Alley! SUPER!
By warlord720 - 10 Years Ago
Well done indeed Alley. Mike A will be missed and so will his creations and superior talent. A terrible blow to the iClone community.
By Teviniii - 10 Years Ago
Oh, no. Alley, this really saddens me - and what a touching video (I never knew he sang and wrote music). I've been off the scene for awhile - I had no idea he was even ill.

From the start, he was very supportive of my little work - and what a personality and sense of humor he had!!!!! His INGENUITY with iClone and his PASSION for animation will be difficult to forget.

Condolences to his family.
By GrannyJ - 10 Years Ago
Mike (Apparition) taught me more about rigging than I could have ever worked out on my own.

His talent was overflowing, he was a creative soul in many genres.

My heart is heavy for his collaborator, Alley, for his wife & family, and for all of his friends. Though the pain and grief lessen over time, the empty space left by such a loss is never really refilled.

I take comfort in my belief that Mike now lives pain free in a beautiful place where he can share his creativity with beings of a much higher power.... I pray his family & friends can find some solace....

Us lowly folks here on the earth have lost a wonderful, gifted person.... and the heavens have gained an awesome addition to their ranks....

with deepest sympathy for those left behind,
Granny J

By justaviking - 10 Years Ago
Thank you for the beautiful tribute, Alley.

I wish I'd gotten to know him better.

Rest in peace, Mike.

By animagic - 10 Years Ago
A moving tribute, Alley. Thanks for sharing. A great talent has left us...
By colour - 10 Years Ago
Thanks for Mike's fitting tribute, Alley Smile

He had a fine singing voice.

Mike's memory will remain with us through his work, which many of us have.

By Cellygon - 10 Years Ago
Beautiful tribute video Alley. It is sad to see him gone. I've lost a few love ones in my life so I know what it's like, my heart goes out to his family. I don't know what else to say as I don't know Mike as well as Alley but I know he was a great developer here who was very proud of his work.
By Colonel_Klink - 10 Years Ago
Sad to hear that Mike has gone. Very nice tribute Alley. While I did not know him personally, his contribution to Iclone community will be greatly missed. RIP buddy.
By The Mythical Dragon - 10 Years Ago
Nice way to say good-bye Alley. Farewell Mike, you, your talent, your helping hand and your inspiration will be missed.

By 4413Media - 10 Years Ago
It's a beautiful and moving tribute to Mike Alley. I never knew him personally, but his work stood out well and it has helped others in this community in many ways.

He will be greatly missed.
By Rampa - 10 Years Ago
That was a very nice tribute to Mike. It's wonderful to see some of the happy moments from his life.

Glad you made it. And glad we can appreciate it!BigGrin
By wendyluvscatz - 10 Years Ago
while I was one who clashed with him, mostly on choices of software for tweaking and rendering, I respected his talent and skill and shall certainly miss him.
By Galfridus - 10 Years Ago
A beautiful tribute Alley. I was just one of those countless Icloners who benefited from Mike`s talent, creativity, knowledge and generosity. I`m saddened by his passing. God bless and keep you Mike. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

Geoff.

By wires - 10 Years Ago
So sad. Thanks to his work many have been able to accomplish wonderful productions. He, and his talent, will be missed.

Very nice tribute video Alley, thanks for doing it.

Rest in peace Mike, and may the Gods be kind to you.

By Postfrosch - 10 Years Ago
Hallo Ally,
thank you for this Tribute on Mike.

With the best wishes from Germany
Werner (Postfrosch)
By Christy0 - 10 Years Ago
So sad today after hearing this bad news. Mike was a great iClone developer on top of all his other talents. I will miss him and his sense of humor. I loved working on his inventions and he helped keep me inspired about iClone for many years.

See you again some time Mike (or as you would say "My Dear Friend") and thanks for the knowledge you taught us all.

Thank you Alley for sharing this fitting tribute to Mike, It hurts inside to know I'll never get to hear from him again. You were a lucky person to have gotten to know him so well. (wish we all understood him a bit more).

A Sad Christy0.
By toonarama - 10 Years Ago
What a wonderful tribute Alley - you clearly cared for him greatly. Thank you for sharing.
By DELETED2 - 10 Years Ago
Dedicated to Mike.

秦代中國花園 - Qin Dynasty Chinese Garden - Qín dài zhōngguó huāyuán.
By moviechick - 10 Years Ago
What a wonderful tribute Alley! He will certainly be missed and I pray his family and closest friends will all be lifted up during this tragic time.
I feel G_d has given those of us in the iClone community a priceless gift, with all of his creations and insight sprinkled throughout the pages of this forum.
RIP Mike.
By nlprod1 - 10 Years Ago
Very Touching Tribute Alley,

I reached out to Mike on a couple of occassions for help with some product. He was always prompt to get back to me and once supplied me with some free content that I was ready to purchase (blew me away). Very fair and generous man in my opinion, so i will remember him as one who cared a lot about his product and its users. Glad to have met you Mike. Cool
By sjonesdc - 10 Years Ago
A touching tribute, Alley. Mike's contributions and talent will be missed.
By Luna - 10 Years Ago
Oh no, he is really gone! So sad... He inspired many people in the forum, me too. His spirit will always be here somehow, among us. I had no direct contact with him, but I truly appreciate him. I loved his sense of humor and his personality.

Thanks for this nice tribute, Alley! I'm sure, it was not easy to do it with a heart full of sadness. Well done!

He leaves a big gap. Thanks for all, Mike!

Condolences to his familiy and to his friends!

Luna

By aknzrdude - 10 Years Ago
so sad to hear this! Mike was one who spoke with conviction. While in the early days we did not see eye to eye, he eventually won me over. He will be missed
By Bigboss - 10 Years Ago
In the last few weeks, I feared to see this ultimate posting on the forum. Now that it has happened, there is not much I can add to this beautiful tribute except that this is all too soon too fast...

Mike will be remembered for his great spirit and convictions. We always had interesting discussons on the forum but behind the scene, he was always a fun guy to work with. My only regret is that although there were a few close calls, we never had a chance to meet in person.

Maybe one day ...

By Peter Blood - 10 Years Ago
Alley:

I never met Mike but his amazing artistic talents were obvious to everyone. It's a very sad day but your tribute went a long way to showing the person behind the talent. Mike had a loving family and a true friend in you, and those are the two greatest blessings any of us can have.

Farewell Mike. Crying

Cool pete

By Capemedia - 10 Years Ago
A very special and heart felt tribute Alley. I feel for his family and his friends like you. Mike supported me in the early years in my productions and we never had any crossed words.

Hearing this news is a sad day for me.
By rampart - 10 Years Ago
I just got back in town this morning. Mike passed while I was off world (without internet). It is very disturbing to think our friend is gone. It is very inspiring to watch Alley's (well done) tribute.

Mike made a wonderful confession of his faith, and I'm sure is in a better place.

I will miss him. All contact I had with him was always extremely pleasant.

I am very sad.
By dwacon - 10 Years Ago
Sad news. May he rest in peace.

By KaiD - 10 Years Ago
Apologies for being a bit late to post here... a busy Macworld and a laptop with broken Wifi do not bode well for keeping updated on these sorts of things.

On behalf of the folks here at Reallusion, I would like to sincerely thank Alley for her heartfelt tribute to our friend and fellow developer Mike Aparicio.

Mike had been a Reallusion member for many years, and was a prolific and hardworking developer who always pushed the boundaries of Reallusion products and frequently produced innovative new content that our users knew and loved. He was also a valued member of the Reallusion developer community who produced Spanish language tutorials, helped others in the forums, worked closely with iClone staff on testing new content and software, and supported users new to the iClone community.

As an especially bright and inventive developer, Mike pioneered the very first Clonecloth for our G3 characters in iClone 4, and was one of the founding members of our Content Wizards theme store in the Marketplace. He also took the initiative to produce the very first developer-produced content for our Avatar Toolkit plug-in, and worked hard to produce creative new content based on iClone 5’s new physics engine at the time. Mike always took pride in producing fine iClone content, and our online marketplaces have benefited greatly from his quality skills as a result. He followed his passion and was producing new iClone content until the very end.

I think our lives have all been touched by Mike in some way, whether it be personally or through his art. Is is certainly a devastating blow to all of us to lose someone as passionate and driven as he was. He was a talented developer, an excellent teacher, and most of all a superb friend and overall person. He will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, brother. Smile

By Grimhilda - 10 Years Ago
I want to add my prayers for Mike and his family.  Before I began posting here I knew of him and his contributions to this community and thought very highly of him.

The video is an affectionate tribute to his memory and those he leaves behind.

Where he is seen - looking unwell - but surrounded by different generations of family and friends touches on the whole triumph and tragedy of the human condition.  

I hope the family can find solace despite the sadness and loss.

By Dreamcube017 - 10 Years Ago
Aw that's terrible to hear he's gone.

I only saw some posts of his here and watched some of his tutorials, but I really enjoyed them.

By Popeye - 10 Years Ago
My apologies for being a bit late to post here as I don't come on as often. This post has just caught my eye. I had read Mike wasn't too good but didn't know it had came to this. Very sad to here this news. I Spoke to him many times over the years. He will not only be missed for his talents but as a caring human being.

News like this brings things into perpective when we have heated debates appearing here on the forum. Is it really worth the effort as life is too short?

My thoughts go out to his family. He will be sorely missed.

Once again apologies for being a bit late to see this awful news and to comment.
By alemar - 10 Years Ago
Rest in peace Mike.
Alemar
By SeanMac - 10 Years Ago
I would just like to add my voice to the many, many, others who mourn the loss of Mike Aparicio.

We out here knew him only from his creative talents and teaching abilities.

For those he loved and those who loved him the loss must be hard to take.

Yet he did during his life what many never do in theirs - he contributed.

And I would like to thank his friends and family for all the things I did not thank Mike for at the time.

Sean McHugh
By MotherReivers - 10 Years Ago
I've been away for too long and come back to find Mike's gone; so sorry he has passed; he was such a creative and interesting man. His legacy (his family) and creative works will live on.