Background video

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic176858.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By TonyTiger - 10 Years Ago
Hello,I would like to see the ability to import video as background and have the Crazytalk head be able to track coordinates to be able follow along postionally.Thank youBigGrin
By AverageJoe - 10 Years Ago
While I certainly see this could be useful, IMO it's best left to applications for post processing work and motion trackers. Adding something like this to the base app would be a fairly big effort, since tracking in and of itself is real complicated. Render your head out, then track the background in something like AfterEffects, and composite the head into the tracked background.
By TonyTiger - 10 Years Ago
Thanks,do you happen to know if Sony Vegas Pro is capable of accomplishing this and if not are there any programs you would recommend?-Thanks again
Unfortunately, I do not know if Sony Vegas Pro does it or not. I use AfterEffects myself, from the Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptiuon.
By rogread - 10 Years Ago
It can be done in Vegas Pro, but would need an awful lot of keyframing. If you intend to do more than a short clip or make extensive use of the effect, you'd be better off using After Effects or Hitfilm (although they are not cheap).
RogRead8 (2/4/2014)
It can be done in Vegas Pro, but would need an awful lot of keyframing. If you intend to do more than a short clip or make extensive use of the effect, you'd be better off using After Effects or Hitfilm (although they are not cheap).

While everyone's financial status is different, I find the Adobe Creative Cloud very affordable. Basically $56 a month, and I get access to every Adobe product they have. AfterEfffects, Premiere, Photoshop, etc... Again, strictly for me, this is a great route for advanced post processing and compositing. Especially if you do these things a lot.
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
TonyTiger (2/4/2014)
Hello,I would like to see the ability to import video as background and have the Crazytalk head be able to track coordinates to be able follow along postionally.Thank youBigGrin

Thanks for the suggestion. This will be reviewed by the CrazyTalk team. Smile

By giffordgarry - 10 Years Ago
I agree that motion tracking is a bit OTT for crazytalk, but would love to see video implemented in the background. I'm thinking looped footage of a busy newsroom, office, shop, labratory would all add a bit more realism to a project.