Showcase your CrazyTalk Animator work here!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic176211.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 10 Years Ago
Dear all,

The CrazyTalk Animator 2 has been released for a month. There are also some useful content along with the release.

G2 Power Tools vol.1

Perform Learning Kit Demo Video

Have you started to produce your latest 2D animation with CrazyTalk Animator 2? Post your work under this thread and share with the community!
By etourist - 10 Years Ago
I'm currently learning Crazy Talk Animator 2 by creating an animation using characters and sets from G2 Power Tools that I hope to finish soon. However, this animation is one that I started in CTA1 (created the character ready to animate it) many months ago. After buying CTA2 I thought I'd have a go at importing the character and then animate it with my new purchase.

I know the script and voice acting isn't that great but it is an example of bringing a G1 non humanoid character into CTA2 and animating it using mostly the puppeteering tools. Also, my goal with CTA2 is to animate using all my own artwork - so this meets that objective too. 

The entire animation, including the titles is done in CTA2. I'm still getting to grips with how to put more expression into the face with this style of character head.

If anyone is interested  I've written two posts in my blog describing how this character was brought to life in CTA1 and CTA2... Cool Froyd Part 1, Cool Froyd Part 2.

By agor2010 - 10 Years Ago
My first work in CTA2
By niceblinkluck - 10 Years Ago
That's really good...cant wait to do one of my ownBigGrin
By AverageJoe - 10 Years Ago
SO I was mucking about over the weekend with CTA2... There's still quite a few things I'm not happy about, but it is kinda fun to play with, especially if one has lots of iCLone motions to play around with. I accidentally made an animated Valentines Day Card for my sweetums...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g39HCDloWk0

Can never quite figure out the YouTube embedding here, in Chrome...
@wizaerd - for chrome you need to install the 'IE Tab' extension. Once installed, open the forum in an IE Tab and you'll be able to see the 'Design' and 'HTML' buttons at the bottom of the text editing window everyone mentions you need to access in order to embed a Youtube video. You need to switch the text edit window to HTML to paste the Youtube player embed code.

'Ouch' to your animation - great punchline! Smile

Sure enough... Thanx etourist, the IE Tab extension works well...
Here's my CTA2 'student film' - if you will. The project I set myself to learn CTA2's basics...

I know there's plenty of room for improvement but I hope you enjoyed it. All CTA2 and G2 Powertools content.

By CreativeSoulTV - 10 Years Ago
etourist (2/5/2014)
Here's my CTA2 'student film' - if you will. The project I set myself to learn CTA2's basics...

I know there's plenty of room for improvement but I hope you enjoyed it. All CTA2 and G2 Powertools content.

Great work and thanks for sharing your workflow and how you created it on your blog. I'm learning CTA2 also and hope to post something soon. Smile

Thanks CreativeSoulTV. Glad you found your way to my blog too. I'll more than likely be writing much more about CTA2 and my experiences in my blog as that's really what my blog is about... the behind the scenes on my animation work.

I'm in the process of making my own G2 character using the DrawPlus template and will be blogging my experiences with that as I go.

I'll look forward to seeing your efforts with CTA2 soon.

Smile
By Ibis Fernandez - 10 Years Ago
wizaerd (2/3/2014)
SO I was mucking about over the weekend with CTA2... There's still quite a few things I'm not happy about, but it is kinda fun to play with, especially if one has lots of iCLone motions to play around with. I accidentally made an animated Valentines Day Card for my sweetums...

Just go to the page that contain the video. press the "share" option. its between the about and Add To options.

it gives you 3 sharing options. Choose "embbed". copy and paste the code they give you. That's it.
toontitan (2/8/2014)
wizaerd (2/3/2014)

Just go to the page that contain the video. press the "share" option. its between the about and Add To options.

it gives you 3 sharing options. Choose "embbed". copy and paste the code they give you. That's it.

I'm not sure that'll work for Chrome because the editor isn't an HTML editor (in Chrome).
wizaerd (2/9/2014)
toontitan (2/8/2014)
wizaerd (2/3/2014)

I'm not sure that'll work for Chrome because the editor isn't an HTML editor (in Chrome).

The above is the other half of the process. Once you've installed the IE Tab plugin for Chrome you'll be able to see the HTML button you need to change the editor to a HTML window so you can paste the embed code.

For some reason Chrome doesn't display this forum properly and doesn't display the DESIGN and HTML buttons at the bottom of the editor window that you need.
By Furious Stefan - 10 Years Ago
Hi!

My first attempt. Background and body is templates.
Heads and props are photo.
http://youtu.be/LlMopDdf-xk
Furious Stefan (5/12/2014)
Hi!

My first attempt. Background and body is templates.
Heads and props are photo.
http://youtu.be/LlMopDdf-xk

I really like the style of your video. Good use of the character styles feature too. Lip syncing could use a little refinement on the close up scenes but overall a solid and fairly ambitious first attempt.
By Furious Stefan - 10 Years Ago
Thank you for the kind words. I wanted a more realistic guitarplaying, but it is very time-consuming to get characters in two layers to do the same thing without the ability to type in the animations. The 45 degree morph face is too morphed when lip-synced. Ive only used automatic lip-syncing. The camera movement worked well. I also liked the curved path for the insect. I would like to have the ability to blur out characters. More angles. Finger sprites. Layer option instead of two characters.
By slooky1958 - 10 Years Ago

my first attempt at Crazytalk Animator 2
By outofbath - 10 Years Ago
Hello,

Just wanted to say what a great product CTA2 is, it has rocked my world w00t

I work as a freelance digital designer making films, animation and HTML5 animations for web.

These are the first characters I have designed and animated in CTA2. This program has opened up the world of character animation for me which is very exciting and very useful for work.

My workflow is Illustrator > Flash (rigging is done using Puppet Producer ,thank you Ibis this is a great plugin I wouldn't be able to make my own characters with out it) > CTA2 > After Effects > Premiere Pro

Below are examples. These are a little rough in places, but were used as a demo for a potential client.

Shakespeare

Gandhi

Darwin

I look forward to seeing how CTA2 develops.

Luke
By woestyn101 - 10 Years Ago
I am a teacher and use CTA1 to teach arabic. All the characters have been drawn by the children themselves and that is why CTA1 is so important to me.

Greetings
Woestyn

By TGL - 10 Years Ago
Nice work! Do you use morphing for the mouth?

outofbath (6/6/2014)
Hello,

Just wanted to say what a great product CTA2 is, it has rocked my world w00t

I work as a freelance digital designer making films, animation and HTML5 animations for web.

These are the first characters I have designed and animated in CTA2. This program has opened up the world of character animation for me which is very exciting and very useful for work.

My workflow is Illustrator > Flash (rigging is done using Puppet Producer ,thank you Ibis this is a great plugin I wouldn't be able to make my own characters with out it) > CTA2 > After Effects > Premiere Pro

Below are examples. These are a little rough in places, but were used as a demo for a potential client.

Shakespeare

Gandhi

Darwin

I look forward to seeing how CTA2 develops.

Luke
By outofbath - 10 Years Ago
Yup, I did try sprite based animation. But found this took a while to set up, the morph based faces were quicker and looked better.
By TGL - 10 Years Ago
Thanks for the quick reply!

outofbath (6/19/2014)
Yup, I did try sprite based animation. But found this took a while to set up, the morph based faces were quicker and looked better.
By MegaToon - 10 Years Ago
Here is my first CTA2 cartoon.. The language is set on my native language but you can turn captions "on" for English subtitles.

By prabhatM - 10 Years Ago
MegaToon (11/5/2014)
Here is my first CTA2 cartoon.. The language is set on my native language but you can turn captions "on" for English subtitles.

I liked the script and animation. Nicely executed. Good capability Demo for CTA2.
By Ibis Fernandez - 10 Years Ago
Amazing work! Very well executed. Loved the acting, the camera work, layout. Excellent work in customizing the character. Good use of sound, and overall entertaining. I was able to forget I was watching a CTA piece and the technical stuff and was able to easily just sit back and be entertained.

I was also delighted to see my Zombie Saul character put to good use as well, great work man, keep it up!

I can't wait for the conclusion. Smile

By MegaToon - 10 Years Ago
Hey guys thanks for the wonderful comment Smile Nice to know the Zombie "Zaauul" was your creation, I saw it on the market place while I was downloading stuffs to use for Holloween. Great job with Zombie design and thanks for making one !
By jlittle - 10 Years Ago
Ibis Fernandez (11/5/2014)
Amazing work! Very well executed. Loved the acting, the camera work, layout. Excellent work in customizing the character. Good use of sound, and overall entertaining. I was able to forget I was watching a CTA piece and the technical stuff and was able to easily just sit back and be entertained.

I second what Ibis said. Excellent work!

I also like how you used the iClone Toon Town in the ending credits.

Can't wait for more!

Jeff

One of my students (Grade 4) has drawn a city life picture. Then I decided to animate it for her. I did it with CTA1. Here is what I came up with:

By pfontaine2 - 10 Years Ago
Hi Mega,

Your Halloween episode is awesome! I'm incredibly impressed. Even better, I really loved the end credits where you combine iClone with CTA2. Excellent work!

Pierre
A friend of mine wrote a children's book about a Panda. I decided to make a short clip in which I animated some of her characters. I did it with CTA1. Here is the clip:

By slooky1958 - 9 Years Ago
http://youtu.be/JtSt6-rTs6I
By DocuFilms - 9 Years Ago
CTA2 was the inspiration and the foundation for this video. In addition to the amazing built in tools, characters, sets, effects and props, we integrated it with After Effects CC 2014 and Final Cut Pro X. Many thanks to many the folks who make CTA2!

[url=][/url]
By woestyn101 - 9 Years Ago
Awesome video man!
By pinguintje - 9 Years Ago
The Buddy Babies have a lot of fun.

Best Regards,
Arie
By exobnkr - 9 Years Ago
Nice and fun work with theses chubby babies.
By exobnkr - 9 Years Ago
Hi !
My second animation on CrazyTalk Animator 1
"War : flies' Supermarket"
Have a nice day.

By lesdodds - 9 Years Ago
Alien Gathering G2 actors made from DrawPlus and Saul dummy. Still need mask work and more.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4308f645-2736-47df-a780-c12d.png
By rgbii - 9 Years Ago
Hello folks, I've had CTA2 for about a month now and am really enjoying it.  Here's a couple I've done so far.

By cbyas - 9 Years Ago
They were really good. Thanks for sharing
By rgbii - 9 Years Ago
Got the beach/pool combo and had to try it out Smile

By lgchurchofchrist - 9 Years Ago
This is a video I put together using the buddy pack mainly, but I also created some of my own props and scenes. Some will probably not like message of the video, but I am ok with that.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out especially since this was my first animation I have made. Parts of it were pain, other parts were pretty easy. The main issues I had is that some of the transitions between the built in animation do not flow that well and you have to do your best to add in extra key frames to make the transition smoother. Trying to move things around manually was a bit awkward for me, but I am starting to get better at it. 
By toonsunlimited - 9 Years Ago
Excellent Video Cougan!
By lgchurchofchrist - 9 Years Ago
Thanks!
By riyadhen - 9 Years Ago
Hello there, 

Sorry to interrupt your discussion but I need help. As I am looking for a freelance animator to develop graphics and animations for a 2D animation. Candidate should have an excellent grip on artwork and animation. And must be able to create the animation and character from scratch.  Few points are given below to make things bit clear:

•   Few ‘characters’– cartoon like persons (I will provide you the available assets later)
•   Having few interaction and having lots of conversation with other characters. Characters can move, walk, talk and sit in front of each other and have a cup of tea, that’s the maximum animation to do in a whole, few scene could be exceptional though. 
•   Screen zooms in to clearly show the character talking and moving.
•   The full animation will not exceed 30 minutes.
•   You don’t need to create voice over/ sound work. You just create the animation using script and you can understand from the script that how much a character needs to talk/interact, after that we will create the voice over from in later.

Giving an example: https://goo.gl/qKHR3H
We can provide more info if/when needed, but would you be able to give any examples of animation you have created that’s similar or comparable? 
So what best can you do and how much time you will take for this with my budget of 2500USD?
You can send me questions by mailing: riyadhen@live.com. Please embed "Crazy Talk animator" in the subject line.
By Gerskey - 9 Years Ago

Hi community,
here's my CrazyTalk Animator Video 

https://www.youtube.com/user/gerskey       
Peace
                                                         Gerskey                                                         

By exobnkr - 9 Years Ago
Hi everybody !
Here is second animation with CTA 1.
And a little question : does anyone know how to have a background less blurry than it is here ? I tried different resolution but it is always to blurry.
Thanks n rgds,
exobnkr
By AverageJoe - 9 Years Ago
In the preferences section, there should be an option for System Settings... Perhaps take a look there?  (I don;t know if this will help or not, but it's the first place I'd check)

http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Pipeline/10_Preference/System_Section.htm

By exobnkr - 9 Years Ago
wizaerd (10/16/2015)
In the preferences section, there should be an option for System Settings... Perhaps take a look there?  (I don;t know if this will help or not, but it's the first place I'd check)

http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Pipeline/10_Preference/System_Section.htm

Thanks for your help, i will try in another animation.
By garrypye - 9 Years Ago
Rgbii, I love the little Buddy dude swimming face down in the pool. Your animation made me laugh. Great job.
By slideonsteel - 9 Years Ago
Experimenting with CrazyTalk Animator 2.

By exobnkr - 9 Years Ago
@Slideonsteel : it would have been better, i think, with bigger flies. Nice egyptian statue.
By slideonsteel - 9 Years Ago
Something a little different - An instructional animation -  Really exploited the SFX subtitle transparent text option.

By darkmule - 9 Years Ago
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.  
Here's a little animation I made to celebrate the end of the year festivities.

By exobnkr - 8 Years Ago

A good using of the possibilities of CTA.
And thanks for your wishes ! Wink

By kimpen - 8 Years Ago
Hi all, Hope everyone has started the year smoothly. Here is my most recent new characters in CrazyTalk Animator 2.
After many trials and errors, think so far, am getting a bit more ability to handle and improve  my understanding of this program. I am not a full animator, just a hobbyist.
DrawPlus for character creation has not been easy or been successful in using the White Paper.
All my characters body parts are done in Xara Photo & Designer, hence all my characters are sprite based.
Have a wonderful Year and happy animating....

By kimpen - 8 Years Ago
ps.... a BIG THANKYOU to LesDodds ... the first couple of dance sequences were free motions created by LesDodds, the last two dance motions are mine... poorly worked...need more time to refine my work....
By lesdodds - 8 Years Ago
kimpen (1/31/2016)
ps.... a BIG THANKYOU to LesDodds ... the first couple of dance sequences were free motions created by LesDodds, t

Great job on characters and video. The dance motions are NOT mine but belong to jungchoul choi at  Production TOP on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC741Y68K2xzAu0Nk3KVlE_A/videos
By kimpen - 8 Years Ago
oops.... Thanks to JC Choi for those free moves!
 and thank you LesDodds for correcting me... Cheers
By Ibis Fernandez - 8 Years Ago
I'll just leave this right here Wink...

By lgchurchofchrist - 8 Years Ago
That looks great, but I don't think that was made using cta. 
lgchurchofchrist (2/16/2016)
That looks great, but I don't think that was made using cta. 
By kimpen - 8 Years Ago
I had been wondering if I will ever attempt to create a fish in CTA 2. Thanks to Ibis Fernandez, I got the incentive to do so... so here it is -
hahaha good one man! 
By adgoulding - 8 Years Ago
Bizarre and er...fishy!
By lgchurchofchrist - 8 Years Ago
Episode 2 of my cartoon is finally here. https://youtu.be/aAGoawAnmtY
By SMJ1980 - 8 Years Ago
This took 18 months but it's finally finished. 

It's rough round the edges and I made it all myself. 

Enjoy...

By Lior_P - 8 Years Ago

By vepop - 8 Years Ago
By vepop - 8 Years Ago
By robert_madrid - 8 Years Ago
Feliz Nochevieja (Happy New Year):
https://youtu.be/BN2ZjCh7LZc
By My Music Machine - 7 Years Ago
Take Your Time - music video animation

Thanks for watching Smile