CrazyTalk Animator 2 Online Help

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic170949.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 11 Years Ago
Dear all,

For more detailed instruction for CrazyTalk Animator 2, please refer to the Online Help pages.

http://help.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Pipeline/default.asp

By oddjobber - 11 Years Ago
Hello

I'm now trying CTA2 Demo, but I have a problem that I can't find a solution about it on the help.
Please tell me how to create my own multi-demention character.

I found a button to load G2 actor templete SWF, but I don't know how to create a SWF data.
What is "naming rule" ?
Can I make a character with a paint soft like "Photoshop"?

Please help me.
By prabhatM - 11 Years Ago
use Flash / Illustrator to create SWF files.
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
odd_jobber_39 (12/16/2013)
Hello

I'm now trying CTA2 Demo, but I have a problem that I can't find a solution about it on the help.
Please tell me how to create my own multi-demention character.

I found a button to load G2 actor templete SWF, but I don't know how to create a SWF data.
What is "naming rule" ?
Can I make a character with a paint soft like "Photoshop"?

Please help me.

The whitepaper for SWF Character Creation will be available shortly. For those who have purchased CTA2, you can download the Flash Character Template from your Member Accounts under Patch/Bonus.

By flatcap - 11 Years Ago
i am just downloading the pipiline version peter, will drawplus work as well with this version as well as the first
By cbyas - 11 Years Ago
Where is my download? I've purchased CTA2 but where is it?
flatcap (12/16/2013)
i am just downloading the pipiline version peter, will drawplus work as well with this version as well as the first

Hi..

You can use DrawPlus to create assets for CTA2 just as you did for CTA1. However for creating multi-dimensional characters we are preparing a whitepaper on the process. This will explain all and should be available in the next day or so. Smile

By flatcap - 11 Years Ago
thank you peter
cbyas (12/16/2013)
Where is my download? I've purchased CTA2 but where is it?

If you purchased CTA2 via the online store today, you should have received a confirmation email with your download links and serial number. If you haven't received this, please contact Customer Support using the link below.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

However if you are getting a free CTA2 from our recent special offer, then you will be receiving an email soon with instructions on how to get your free copy. Please allow a little time for this to arrive.

By cbyas - 11 Years Ago
I purchased it with iclone 5 as an upgrade. I don't see anything with cta2 in it
cbyas (12/16/2013)
I purchased it with iclone 5 as an upgrade. I don't see anything with cta2 in it

If you purchased an iClone5 upgrade and are getting a FREE copy of CrazyTalk Animator 2 then you can expect to receive an email soon with your download links and serial number. Please allow a little time for this to arrive. The emails are being sent out as fast as we can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

By cbyas - 11 Years Ago
Thank you Peter, I'm just anxious
By Sefardi - 11 Years Ago
On CTA1 I had the problem of jerkiness between motion clips, I could never fixed this, now on CTA2 trial, I see the same problem of jerkiness between one motion clip and another. Is there a fast easy fix for this? I've tried 'time warpping' to my heart's content with no hope..
This single problem is what will determine weather I buy CTA2 pipeline or not.
Can anyone help me? BigGrin
By Ghost9000 - 11 Years Ago
[url=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kXgeRzibbx4/UrCnLFUiqgI/AAAAAAAAALE/fUAUBf8aPvI/s1600/CharSheetCrazytalkAnimator2.png][/url]

Decided to make a template for Crazytalk Animator 2.
By macbodd - 11 Years Ago
Can someone explain how to get all the content I just bought for CTA1 on to CTA2? I just bought all the powertools packages and dont know how to add them to the content library in CTA2.

ALso, I am new to this. By getting the CTA pipeline version, does this mean I no longer need CTA1?

Very confused newbie!
macbodd (12/18/2013)
Can someone explain how to get all the content I just bought for CTA1 on to CTA2? I just bought all the powertools packages and dont know how to add them to the content library in CTA2.

ALso, I am new to this. By getting the CTA pipeline version, does this mean I no longer need CTA1?

Very confused newbie!

You can just install the content packs again and you will be prompted if you wish to install to CTA1 or CTA2. Just select CTA2 this time and you will have the packs in both versions.

It is entirely up to you if you wish to remove CTA1 from your computer. They can both be installed without issue. Overall CTA2 can do everything CTA1 can (some features in different ways) plus a lot more, so once you master CTA2 you will probably find you won't need CTA1 any longer.

By perriced - 11 Years Ago
maxomax07 (12/16/2013)
On CTA1 I had the problem of jerkiness between motion clips, I could never fixed this, now on CTA2 trial, I see the same problem of jerkiness between one motion clip and another. Is there a fast easy fix for this? I've tried 'time warpping' to my heart's content with no hope..
This single problem is what will determine weather I buy CTA2 pipeline or not.
Can anyone help me? BigGrin

maxomax, hi. In CTA1, this was accomplished by dragging out left end of animation clip in timeline. This does not seem possible in CTA2 unless I'm missing something. I just re-introduced the question about blend in the Forum, wondering if this is now accomplished by using Time Warp between clips (?).
Dave
You are correct, I tried it on CTA1 and it helped, but in CTA2 it does not work at all????
Peter (RL) (12/18/2013)[hrYou can just install the content packs again and you will be prompted if you wish to install to CTA1 or CTA2. Just select CTA2 this time and you will have the packs in both versions.

It is entirely up to you if you wish to remove CTA1 from your computer. They can both be installedwithout issue. Overall CTA2 can do everything CTA1 can (some featuresin different ways) plus a lot more, so once you master CTA2 you will probably find you won't need CTA1 any longer.

I tried to install the CTA1 content pack and I could not, I could not even re-installed any of my previously installed contents, it displays a unknown registration number, it tells me the serial number has not been registered the number its:27q8m83en5eve242df7422 and I cannot download anything including previous marketplace lists???? (I'm using CTA2 trial)
By perriced - 11 Years Ago
maxomax, see this thread about "blending" in CTA2

[url=https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic171466-356-1.aspx ][/url]

Dave

By cbyas - 11 Years Ago
Can this template be used in cta2? or does more need to be done?
cbyas (12/19/2013)
Can this template be used in cta2? or does more need to be done?

Can you explain more. Which template are you referring to?

By cbyas - 11 Years Ago
A few threads up, someone said they created a template for cta2. I was asking if that is a valid template. Its on page 2 of this thread
cbyas (12/20/2013)
A few threads up, someone said they created a template for cta2. I was asking if that is a valid template. Its on page 2 of this thread

Thanks for clarifying.

No that wasn't a valid template as it was, but it could be if edited in Adobe Flash to create the right layers and pivot points.

By ugly.lex - 11 Years Ago
[/quote]No that wasn't a valid template as it was, but it could be if edited in Adobe Flash to create the right layers and pivot points.[/quote]

This may seem a silly question, but based on what I'm reading Adobe Flash is the ONLY acceptable program for the pipeline template?
By AverageJoe - 11 Years Ago
Technically, it could be anything that can create a layered SWF file. But it wouldn't surprise me if Adobe Flash was the only app, it's not an uncommon practice. I believe Peter said there'd be a DrawPlus template eventually.
By ugly.lex - 11 Years Ago
I hope for a drawplus template soon. My initial purchase of cta1 was with a drawplus bundle & I cannot find a downloadable flash.
By niceblinkluck - 11 Years Ago
Iv'e tried to create a character of my own in flash following the whitepaper but although I changed all the characters parts from the 0 view when I imported it as a swf into crazytalk animator 2 (importing the dummy character first etc) none of my characters vector shapes are showing....I think I might have to wait for the video tutorial in January.w00t
OK...I've finally got the vector body parts to appear in my inported crazytalk character...but when i tried a walk cycle... parts of the arms dissapear....so im still doing something wrong...what????
ive tried importing my vector based flash character into crazytalk animator 2 several times now... each time parts of the body are missing...or missing when the character in made to walk...can anyone put me out of my misery ...ive spent more than twelve hours trying to fix this...how do I correct the vectors that didn't work? ...and please don't tell me that I've got to start again.Smile
By niceblinkluck - 10 Years Ago
you can ignore my previous post iv'e sorted it

.....what is the best format for backgrounds? is it still swf and create my backdrops in flash?

By alemar - 10 Years Ago
niceblinkluck
How did you get to template work?I tried a lot and have error always...the bones import correct but the sprites are missing!
That used to happen to me at first...but then I took my time and followed the instrucrions on the whitepaper ...I also checked each sprite I changed one at a time in Animator 2
Im still getting odd vector shapes that don't show up when opened in animator 2 ...most of them are there....and I don't think im doing anything different...the lower torso I managed at angle 0 but the other angles it doesn't show up...very frustrating.
By rogercain - 10 Years Ago
I bought CTA2pro - in my bonus section i just see the whitepaper for the pipeline Version. Where can i get the Flash Whitepaper?
Thanks
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
rogercain (1/22/2014)
I bought CTA2pro - in my bonus section i just see the whitepaper for the pipeline Version. Where can i get the Flash Whitepaper?
Thanks

CTA2 Pipeline users now have both a Flash Whitepaper and a DrawPlus Whitepaper. These can be found in your Member Account under Patch/Bonus.

By rgathje - 10 Years Ago
  Is there a download version of these whitepapers??? The web version is hard to work from.
rgathje (2/6/2014)
  Is there a download version of these whitepapers??? The web version is hard to work from.

Unfortunately not at the moment. There are still many improvements to come for CTA2 and the Online Whitepaper allows us to keep it up to date with the latest changes.

By ihavethetamales - 10 Years Ago
Hi all. I want to shoot a dancer in real life against a green screen, then convert the moving image to a popvideo file, and then import that dancing person into Crazytalk Animator 2, BUT, once in CTA2, I then want to replace the human figure with a CTA2-generated figure.

Is that possible?

I've checked through the various CTA2 tutorials and I know that I can move a popvideo image into CTA2, but I can't figure out if I can then replace that image with a CTA2.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
By jlittle - 10 Years Ago
This was answered in your original thread HERE

Jeff
By ihavethetamales - 10 Years Ago
Did not know eher the best place to post this question was. Thank you!
By Mbasaya - 10 Years Ago
Kindly send me the template and tools for crazytalk 2 via this e-mail:[Removed]
Mbasaya (11/27/2014)
Kindly send me the template and tools for crazytalk 2 via this e-mail: [Removed]

If you have purchased CrazyTalk Animator 2 Pipeline then you can download the Templates from your Member Account after login. Just click "Patch/Bonus" to find them.

By Dopey - 9 Years Ago
Im a Mac user. I need a work around for video import.
By Dopey - 9 Years Ago
Mac user here, I need a work around for video import. cta2 pro
By s.casto - 9 Years Ago
I know this seems very simple, but I am trying to have a character pick up an object, but I am brand new to the program, so I am missing something. I move the character to the object and link the object to his hand, but it does not pick it up. I am missing a step or something. I have looked at the videos and manual. Still not working.
By jlittle - 9 Years Ago
Once you link the object to the hand it should follow the hand whenever it moves.
1) Click on the prop to select it.
2) Then click on the Link button
3) Now move the cursor over the hand until you see a blue box around the hand.
4) Click the hand.

To test to see if it is linked just move the arm and the prop will follow the arm movement.

Jeff
By janbucharest - 8 Years Ago
Hello, 

I work for a company that just bought CTA2 Pro, I am trying to import a character from another program, but can't figure out how to do. I saw in a youtube video that this was a possibility. Was I wrong?  
By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
You can not import a complete "Character" from another program unless it was CTA1.
The character format is proprietary to RL and is not used (or exported by) any other program.

What is it that you are trying to import?

Jeff
By McLeo - 8 Years Ago
I've downloaded crazytalk animator 2.1 pipeline but everytime I open it, it always says that the serial number is invalid. What should I do? I'm really in a hurry now and this makes me frustrated. please help. thank you so much!

By jlittle - 8 Years Ago
Your best bet it to put a ticket in with support.
Also check your RL account to make sure that your serial number usage is not over the limit.

If you re-installed the software without uninstalling it will increment your usage count.
Uninstalling the software automatically decrements your usage count.
You can reset the usage count in your RL account if needed.

Jeff