iClone Avatar Tookit Tutorials

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic168616.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 11 Years Ago
Here we present all the useful tutorials for you to learn Avatar Toolkit series. The overall topics of Avatar Toolkit tutorials are listed below. For Avatar Tookit features, please visit the product page.

The followings are the tutorials published so far. There will be more tutorials coming. Please stay tuned with this thread! Smile

1. Introduction to Avatar Toolkit UI

- Intro Avatar Builder UI

- Connection between Avatar Builder & Puppet Controller

2. Assigning Accessory Roots & Control Handles (using antennae, also use for single avatar creation)

- Simple Accessory Creation

- Defining Roots & Controller Handles

- Defining Accessory Behavior

- Redefining Accessory Behavior

3. Avatar Builder Pair Structures (using eyebrows)

- Using the Pair Dummy

- Defining Pair Controllers

- Defining Multiple Bones

- Defining Pair Puppet Behavior

4. Eye Structure in Avatar Builder (using default 3D monster pack eyes)

- Intro to Eye Structure (with blinks)

- Assigning all Eye Roots & Control Handles

- Defining Eye Expressions

5. Creating Custom Eyes for Avatar Builder (using layered custom eyes)

- Assembling Custom Eyes

- Alternative Eye Blinks

- Material Adjustments

6. Creating Complete Expressions Auto Alignment

- Alignments for Different Characters

- Saving Alignment Data in Accessories

7. Creating & Animating Attached Props

- Using the dummy non-human character

8. Creative Projects

– Animating Material Maps

- Alien egg project

- Scale & transparency project

- LED happy face project

9. Creative Projects

– Merging 3D Props

- Using the dummy non-human character to merge 3D props

- Assign controller handles using hierarchy

If there is any other tutorial topic you wish, please leave your comment under this thread.

Introduction to Avatar Builder UI

Assigning Accessory Roots and Control Handles

Avatar Builder Accessory Pair Structures

Eye Structure in Avatar Builder

Setting Up Puppet Controller Expressions

iClone Avatar Toolkit2 Tutorial - Accessory Auto alignment

Constructing Avatar Puppet Accessories

Material Puppeting with the Avatar Controller

By gcshep - 11 Years Ago
Please could you point me in the right direction to watch or download the videos I have watched the two at bottom on the list i.e. on YouTube
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
gcshep (11/18/2013)
Please could you point me in the right direction to watch or download the videos I have watched the two at bottom on the list i.e. on YouTube

Only two video tutorials are available right now with more on the way. You can find them on our YouTube channel HERE.

EDIT: Make that 5 now. Wink

By bernnelsen - 11 Years Ago
I bought Toon Maker that has the Avatar Controller in it, do I have to by the full Avatar Tool kit to get the builder?
By gcshep - 11 Years Ago
I have Avatar 2 installed and I been trying to follow along watching the two video’s in the second video you mention a single Dummy however when I check my folder all I find in my dummy tools folder is the two structure’s if this is right how will we be able to work alongside the training video?
By toonarama - 11 Years Ago
I have a similar issue in that the following items mentioned in the video do not appear to be where it is suggested they are

a) I cannot find the "at-base" character installed anywhere (but I assume I can save it from one of the projects included)

b) In the dummy tools I have structure-pair and structure-single but there is no sign of the single dummy. Where is this or is the structure-single the same thing?

Thanks

By mark - 11 Years Ago
I guess I'm I the only one who....when I add an accessory to a Monster or Toon avatar using the new Toolkit I get a crash of iClone 64bit?

Now it works fine in the 32bit version of iClone. I have installed all the latest patches and upgrades as well.

Just askin'...
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
or is the structure-single the same thing?

Yes Smile

I think study the Guide is better as try to follow these Promo videos.

I get a crash of iClone 64bit?

I'm wortking with the 64 bit Version , no crash here

fred_20090922173034477 (11/20/2013)
I bought Toon Maker that has the Avatar Controller in it, do I have to by the full Avatar Tool kit to get the builder?

Yes you will need to purchase the Avatar Toolkit2 pack to get the builder.

gcshep (11/20/2013)
I have Avatar 2 installed and I been trying to follow along watching the two video’s in the second video you mention a single Dummy however when I check my folder all I find in my dummy tools folder is the two structure’s if this is right how will we be able to work alongside the training video?

To work along with the tutorials you can use the objects included in the sample projects. Smile

So if you have purchased the Avatar Toolkit2 pack you should have the following:-

Set > Props > Avatar Toolkit2: Avatar Builder, Avatar Controller, 2 Dummies.

Actor > Avatar > Avatar Toolkit2: A Dummy Non-Human Character.

Project > Avatar Toolkit2: 11 Sample Projects.

toonarama (11/20/2013)
I have a similar issue in that the following items mentioned in the video do not appear to be where it is suggested they are

a) I cannot find the "at-base" character installed anywhere (but I assume I can save it from one of the projects included)

b) In the dummy tools I have structure-pair and structure-single but there is no sign of the single dummy. Where is this or is the structure-single the same thing?

Thanks

The sample projects contain the items you need to follow the steps given in the tutorials.

Unfortunately as the initial video tutorials were compiled during the development stages, some naming conventions have changed. The Structure_Single is the one to use.

mark (11/20/2013)
I guess I'm I the only one who....when I add an accessory to a Monster or Toon avatar using the new Toolkit I get a crash of iClone 64bit?

Now it works fine in the 32bit version of iClone. I have installed all the latest patches and upgrades as well.

Just askin'...

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately we can't reproduce this problem. Might be worth installing the Avatar Toolkit2 again

If you continue to have problems, please contact Technical Support using the link below. We will then look into it. Please supply a screenshot of any error messages you receive.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

By gcshep - 11 Years Ago
I ‘am finding using the Dummy Character will not work properly however if you us the Structure_Single i'am finding this will work as per the training video hope this might be of help.
George
Thank you for that tip George!
By mark - 11 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (11/20/2013)
mark (11/20/2013)

Just askin'...

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately we can't reproduce this problem. Might be worth installing the Avatar Toolkit2 again

If you continue to have problems, please contact Technical Support using the link below. We will then look into it. Please supply a screenshot of any error messages you receive.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Thanks Peter! Will do...
By miko_dk - 11 Years Ago
Can anybody point to a tutorial on how to create the avatar itself?

I cannot find any links to do this.

It would be nice to create everything from scratch.
Some more video tutorials have gone up now but for the full picture you could refer to the online guide: http://help.reallusion.com/AvatarToolkit/ENU/Avatar_Toolkit_2/default.asp
By gcshep - 11 Years Ago
When will the the on line guide be updated

Avatar Toolkit Vol.2 Online Help - Beta (next update: 11/22/2013)
gcshep (11/23/2013)
When will the the on line guide be updated

Avatar Toolkit Vol.2 Online Help - Beta (next update: 11/22/2013)

The next update will be coming in December. On of the great things about using Online Help Guides is that the information can be kept up to date and improved as we go along.

By gcshep - 11 Years Ago
I don’t know if I ‘am missing something I followed (Material Puppeting with the Avatar) but again I followed the video several times now and I still cannot get my cube to glow in the textures section I cannot see where I ‘am going wrong is there another button to press that was not included in the video ???
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
if you follow this it should work for you

http://help.reallusion.com/AvatarToolkit/ENU/Avatar_Toolkit_2/05_Case_Study/Puppeteering_Material_Animation.htm

By duchess110 - 11 Years Ago
gcshep (11/30/2013)
I don’t know if I ‘am missing something I followed (Material Puppeting with the Avatar) but again I followed the video several times now and I still cannot get my cube to glow in the textures section I cannot see where I ‘am going wrong is there another button to press that was not included in the video ???

You most probably have it selected already but just check in your Preferences top right of iClone screen that glow maps have been ticked.

By gcshep - 11 Years Ago
Duchess your a star was not ticked

Thank You