How do I add sprite mouth to morph head?

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic156090.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By johnny paradise - 11 Years Ago
I have seen the effect in some tutorials but no actual information on how to accomplish this... \I want to make my animated characters have that ventriloquist dummy feel, like south park celebs with a jaw that automatically moves up and down... Any advice or a link or two to the solution would be appreciated...
By AverageJoe - 11 Years Ago
This is typically called a jibjab style, and as far as I know, its not been done in CTA. I know people have done it in ToonBoom and Anime Studio Pro, but not CTA since it's more based on automatic lip synching.
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
johnnyparadise (6/2/2013)
I have seen the effect in some tutorials but no actual information on how to accomplish this... \I want to make my animated characters have that ventriloquist dummy feel, like south park celebs with a jaw that automatically moves up and down... Any advice or a link or two to the solution would be appreciated...

You can do this using a Hybrid head. This uses a morph based head with sprite based elements such as the mouth. Please take a look at the Hybrid Mr Rosenberg found under Actor > Head > Human > Hybrid.

You can also see more about this in the help Guide HERE.

By AverageJoe - 11 Years Ago
Adding a sprite based mouth onto an image had will not create the disconnected jaw that the OP was looking for. Unless you create a whole new sprite set where that is the intent. Adding a sprite mouth merely adds a "cartoon" mouth to the image head, and while that may be what you're looking for, it doesn't really coincide with what was asked for in the initial posting.

I watch South Park a lot, and I know what the OP is asking for, and adding a sprite mouth to an image mapped head is not it.
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
wizaerd (6/4/2013)
Adding a sprite based mouth onto an image had will not create the disconnected jaw that the OP was looking for. Unless you create a whole new sprite set where that is the intent. Adding a sprite mouth merely adds a "cartoon" mouth to the image head, and while that may be what you're looking for, it doesn't really coincide with what was asked for in the initial posting.

I watch South Park a lot, and I know what the OP is asking for, and adding a sprite mouth to an image mapped head is not it.

While it may not be the exact effect the OP is looking to achieve, the Hybrid character method can give a good "ventriloquist dummy" look which was mentioned.

Sometimes when you can't achieve exactly what you are looking for it is good to have a workaround that can meet you half way. It falls into the category "better than nothing". Smile

By dw_20140113144257621 - 10 Years Ago
So How Do I make a Hybrid Head?
By Peter (RL) - 10 Years Ago
dw_20140113144257621 (2/19/2014)
So How Do I make a Hybrid Head?

Start with a Morph (Photo) based head, then go to "Character Composer" and add the Sprite based features overlaying the existing facial parts (eyebrows, nose etc.). You can resize and move the sprite parts as required.

Thank You for the feed back! I have been trying to play with the hybrid head, but I can't seem to get his mouth closed....I bought the "Common Folks Pack because it showed a video with JibJab type animation....And the clickable photo showed the body types with "frickin Heads"
Sorry I didn't see the fine print that said Heads not included......$%$^&%! so I load the ! Hybrid head on to the body and of course it doesn't work.......Help???? I am doing a commercial for a friend and we both thought "common folks would work.....Even if I add animation"default " mind you to the body the mouth Just hangs open..it moves, but is stuck open?? Please Help..
As support sent me Here Imagine that......
Sorry for the rant..Just Frustrated..it appears the sprites are there in the hybrid head Just behind the morph head..am in composer but dont see the layer editor in composer? Help!!!
Here is an Image I get from the hybrid Guy "the only one!" attached to my Power Pack Common Folks!.... I cannot for the life of me get the mouth in front of the morph Head....
By CreativeSoulTV - 10 Years Ago
Here is an Image I get from the hybrid Guy "the only one!" attached to my Power Pack Common Folks!.... I cannot for the life of me get the mouth in front of the morph Head....

I'm still learning CTA2 myself but have your tried clicking on the multi-angle settings icon in the character composer yet? See attached image.
Well Thanks anyway I figured it out on my own... But now after I paid for digi characters and try to load them into CrzyTalk Animator 02 it crashes? I have the latest update.. 2.02.10406.1
it doesn"t matter which Character I load it crashes..... Help????
dw_20140113144257621 (2/28/2014)
Well Thanks anyway I figured it out on my own... But now after I paid for digi characters and try to load them into CrzyTalk Animator 02 it crashes? I have the latest update.. 2.02.10406.1

Thank you for the notification. There does appear to be a problem with these characters in CTA2.

We are looking into the problem and I will update again as soon as I know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

dw_20140113144257621 (2/28/2014)

UPDATE: The issue with the DigiDude characters will be fixed in the next update which is due towards the end of the month.

However if you urgently wish to use these characters, then please contact Support using the link below. They will try to make a pre-release version of the patch available to you as soon as possible.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.