iClone 5.4 Facial Animation showcases

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic151576.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 11 Years Ago
Hi all,

After iClone & 3DXchange 5.4 updates releasing, we've seen many iClone movies and tutorials made with the new facial animation feature. And we've collected some cool showcases on this page demonstrating how iClone V5.4 & 3DXchange V5.4 can help you with facial animation. Please see the link below.

User Showcase & Tutorial - Facial Animation

Also Here are some cool submissions to ReallusionTV made with new facial animation features.

The Hunter - Denis Lizzi

Who am I? - Marcio Pulcinelli

Please post your iClone 5.4 facial animation showcase or tutorial under this thread to share with the community.

By planetstardragon - 11 Years Ago

By Cricky - 11 Years Ago
Talking in Circles........ O

As I said in My text on YouTube, Reallusion delivered what was promised plus more.

Politicians; now they know how to talk in Circles...especially our current administration in Washington D.C.. They promise you everything and deliver nothing.

Reallusion delivered on their promise, plus a whole lot of unexpected improvements.

An example of using some of the OBJ import Options and Facial Morphs as Viseme's to make an object or character that cannot even accept speech in DAZ, do so in iClone.

The first character shown is nothing more than a circle. It was duplicated/copied, had a few changes done to it, and then edited in 3DXChange using the Expression Editor, to make it appear to talk when given CTS6 files, Text to Speech input, or just import of an MP3 or WAV. It almost looks like a scientific wave scale when the speed is increased, of course you would likely mute the sound used to create the animations to the shape. Good for capturing as an image sequence to be placed on some sort of Sci-Fi panel in a scene, or medical equipment screen or two.

There are two examples in the same iClone scene using "Toon Kitty". It was exported first without facial morphs, largely because I didn't realize it had them. I discovered them and made one change to the mouth inside DAZ, and then used variations of it to create the talking mouth you will see here. Not difficult at all to match the Viseme Panel, just persistence, and trying to do it only once. I always heard, "If you have time to do it twice, you have time to do it right the first time".

The Freak character was simply a converted DAZ Michael4 that accepts the Reallusion DUF file for Genesis doing a conversion process shown by VIDI. Works like a charm for Legacy characters. A bit time consuming and paying attention to details, but it isn't difficult to accomplish.
By Cricky - 11 Years Ago
One More and I believe I'll go back and finish something else I've been working on.

This is Part 3 of a 3 Part series that I promised. It will likely extend out to beyond 3 parts, but it's easier to follow in pieces rather than all at once. You may see something you didn't realize was there, or say "Oh, I knew that". Regardless, if it helps one person, then I did my part.

Once again, these are basics and shows some of the basic principles of how I go about working with characters that I want to have the Facial DUF applied to in DAZ for use in iClone.

A whole lot more can be shown, but I only have so much time to devote to this. There are many tutorials put out on the DAZ Channel that will show you way more than I could possibly have the time for. Take a look around and cull the information you find into a viable character you can use in iClone. Just know that the Reallusion DUF file is more than Lip changes, so it's entirely up to you how valuable your time is to re-create the targeted morphs from scratch.

p.s. This guy is not finished...but he will be.
By Bruce (RL) - 11 Years Ago
my iclone facial animation of Daz figures tutorial by wendyvainity.

By hj - 11 Years Ago
Lipsync-Test with Kalinka of Nursoda

hj
By wendyluvscatz - 11 Years Ago
https://www.box.com/shared/plpn909svhs3h020ly0q corrected wav file link for video
By Wabby - 11 Years Ago
Here is my first video with iClone & 3DXChange 5.4. Thanks Reallusion for your wonderful softwares !

By toonarama - 11 Years Ago
Looking great Wabby - looking forward to the first episode
By starfugger - 11 Years Ago
i love this wabby. what exactly was blender's role in the pipeline? thanks Smile
By Wabby - 11 Years Ago
Thanks for your comments.

Blender is used to modeling accessories like the hat, the leather whip... and also Blender is used to modify the mesh of the Indy's vest because of the holster in his right side.

In this case, in 3DXchange, I'm using the "replace mesh" function before applying the character to iClone.

Sorry, I don't speak well English (I'm french). I hope, you can understand what I mean Smile
yes, Wabby, you explained it pretty well, thanks. awesome work Smile
first attempt at iclone animation

By kungphu - 11 Years Ago
Wabby great use of Toon Generations!  I'm working with them now at the moment as well.  I hope my animation can at least come close to the high standard you're setting.  Really good stuff.
By prabhatM - 11 Years Ago
starfugger (4/8/2013)

Nice. Liked the tone. Nicely executed. Looking forward to see some great work.
Thanks PrabahtM Smile this is just a clip from a 3 minute animation. will upload later in the day Smile
starfugger (4/22/2013)
Thanks PrabahtM Smile this is just a clip from a 3 minute animation. will upload later in the day Smile

I like your sense of Timing. Hope I recognised your strength correctly from this small clip.
By mailtophoo - 11 Years Ago
A Warrior who dead for Homeland(true story)
mailtophoo (4/25/2013)
A Warrior who dead for Homeland(true story)

Beautiful. The voice is very melodious, music haunting. Ofcourse animation is pretty good. Customise the characters a bit. Keep it up. We would love to see more.
By Peter Blood - 11 Years Ago
mailtophoo: Smile

Nicely done sir. I am also looking forward to more. BigGrin

Coolpete

starfugger (4/8/2013)

hehe, well-done. BigGrin It's not easy to make someone smile in only 18 seconds but you pulled it off beautifully. and your female character has a wonderful "Betty Boop" feel that is quite engaging. Tongue You've also got a real hold on facial animation, something I haven't been able to tie into very well as of yet.

Coolpete

thanks for the encouraging words. it is mostly facial animation and body language that i find fun to work on. Smile since i did all the voice acting in this animation, i maybe had a clear idea of how the characters would act, and react. when i record the voices i find it impossible to NOT act the part as well. so if it is a somber old man im trying to channel, i take on the face and the persona of a somber old man too. if it is an "over confident", slightly psychotic chick, i act the part as well. LOL i am starting to confuse myself. but it helps a lot in giving life to the 3d characters. Smile

here is the animation in its entirety Smile
By vidi - 11 Years Ago
very good ! Cool
starfugger: Smile

A very impressive first animation. Your characterizations were extremely well done, I really like the girl and see alot of potential in her. (And I'm not talking about her boobs although it would ruin the character not to have Lara and Croft. Tongue ) The two agents were very well done as well.

Sweet job. BigGrin

Coolpete

thank you for the encouraging words! Smile @peterblood @vidi
By ToKoMotion - 10 Years Ago
Hi,

here is a Facial Animation test I did. I used the DUF Face Key file provided by Reallusion, but also added some additional blendshapes for some visemes to make it look more natural.

After applying the Audio file in iClone I fixed the visemes manually and added some more facial expressions keyframes via the FaceKey Muscle Tab.

Doesn´t look bad at allWink. I think it can be improved even more, by investing more time in finetuning here and there.

By justaviking - 10 Years Ago
@Toko,

Very nice!  You make iClone look very good.

By ToKoMotion - 10 Years Ago
Thank you Justaviking. iClone has a lot of capabilities and I really love this software. BigGrin
By mark - 10 Years Ago
That does look very good!Wink
By Peter Blood - 10 Years Ago
Nicely done. I'm trying to get more animation in my characters faces. Problem is... I can't act!!! So it's hard to teach them how to. Tongue

Cool pete

By VirtualMedia - 10 Years Ago
One of the best facial / lipsync animations I've seen in iClone. I understand what you're saying about polishing the final.

I sincerely hope iClone 6 allows for better facial keyframe animation. I would love to have an option to use the puppet tool to set keys.
Great job! Love the smile and expression of the host. Would love to see more facial animation work done with iclone.
Nice work on the gestures, very fluid and convincing.
The Town idiot wants to know what it's like to be the coolest guy in town.

This is a Character I'm developing for a animated talk show.

The premise: The talk show host is a jerk who gives rude responses on his talk show to unsuspecting callers.

----------------------------------------

I would greatly appreciate some feedback on all aspects, vocals, animation, lighting...

-----------------------------------------------------

Here's some links to how the character has developed over the last month.

http://youtu.be/1EHoMK3HXUU
http://youtu.be/HCLvb0aYta8
http://youtu.be/tPlNzyZRfAQ
http://youtu.be/2RHGjIpQvGA
http://youtu.be/OyMX4z_buQQ

Thanks and Happy Holidays!