3DXchange 5.4 is here!

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic150193.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Bruce (RL) - 11 Years Ago
Dear all,

Th long-expected update has arrived! 3DXchange 5.4 allows you to facial-animate any type of character, from bone-based, morph-based to bone/morph hybrids. You may now define facial movements with the intuitive Expression Editor including Head, Eye, Jaw, Lip-sync, Muscle, and even customize your own! In version 5.4, extended bones can be designated into groups with different types of spring for all kinds of performance needs. Moreover, with the one-click DAZ character import, you can fine-tune facial animations as you wish! You can check out the WHAT's NEW page to know more about the cool new features!

Check out the demo video to see how it works!

We also provide the new Facial Pipleine Character Pack with 3 fully face and body rigged characters – Hunter, Chimp and Croc, allowing you to animate and puppet their faces intuitively. Each character has its own complete facial profile complete with neutral, joyful, angry, laughing and surprised options and their own iMotion body animations. Useful tools in iClone5.4 you can use with your characters include a detailed lip-sync with viseme, HIK motion layer editing, auto-blink, and much more! Not only can you utilize these features in iClone5.4, but you can also customize their individual viseme profiles, facial expression values… all the way down to individual facial muscle movement. This pack includes both the FBX and iAvatar files for each character to give you more flexibility.

Check out the page to know more!

In order to make 3DXchange more and more perfect, we sincerely hope that you can enjoy these new features and provide us with your feedbacks. Please leave your comments about this new update under this thread.

Best Wishes,

Reallusion Team

By Dreamcube017 - 11 Years Ago
FIRST!

And YESH!!!! YESYESYESYESYES!~!!!!

Now if only we had... no kidding.

This is AWESOME!!!!
By rcsinger29 - 11 Years Ago
Oh, the horror!!!
I found out about this at 6am local time. As I am getting preparred to spend the day working in the rain!!!
Longest day of my life.
Ok, I'm a little confused about something.

I thought this update was free to 3dx5 pro and pipeline customers.
Everything I see says you have to pay for the facial animation. I have been looking forward to the end of my work day to get home and play with this new toy. Do I have to buy it?
By hj - 11 Years Ago
Hi Bruce

The update 3DXchange Pipiline 5.4 crashed after exporting a prop to iClone w00tw00tw00t

The Beta does not crash

also

with fbx-Export from DAZ and after import to 3DXchange 5.4

The coordinates of the props are not correct

best

hj
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
rcsinger29 (3/11/2013)
Oh, the horror!!!
I found out about this at 6am local time. As I am getting preparred to spend the day working in the rain!!!
Longest day of my life.

Hi..

The upgrades to both iClone5 and 3DXchange5 (5.4) are completely free to existing 3DX5 users.

We have also released a new content pack called the Facial Pipeline Character Pack. This pack does require separate purchase but isn't essential to be able to use the new 5.4 features.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/promo/2013_Facial-Pipeline-Character-Pack/default.html

By RobertoColombo - 11 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

what does this pack give more (in addition to the three new characters) ?
Also, I have seen that it includes the "Daz Genesis Extension".
Would it be possible to add some more description about these two items ?
Especially what can or can not be done with/without them.

Thanks

Roberto

PS: too bad I am in biz trip for 1 week... can't see the 5.4 patch till Friday... but after all my home PC is busy for an endless rendering of a complex scene which will takes days to finish :-)
The Daz Genesis 1 click import is not working for mouth animation for me. The head and eyes work but the Jaw doesnt move the mesh. The teeth drop out of the mouth, but the face remains untouched.

The expressions do not work either.

RobertoColombo (3/11/2013)
Hi Peter,

what does this pack give more (in addition to the three new characters) ?
Also, I have seen that it includes the "Daz Genesis Extension".
Would it be possible to add some more description about these two items ?
Especially what can or can not be done with/without them.

Thanks

Roberto

PS: too bad I am in biz trip for 1 week... can't see the 5.4 patch till Friday... but after all my home PC is busy for an endless rendering of a complex scene which will takes days to finish :-

Please see below for a list of contents.

Facial Pipeline Character Pack

• Content: 
    - 7 Characters
    - 4 Motions  
    - 3 Accessories

• Designer's Source Pack:
    - .DUF file (Pose Preset file from Daz Studio 4.5 Pro)
    - Daz Genesis Avatar Face Key Sequence.xls
    - iClone Game Bone Avatar.fbx
    - iClone GameBone Avatar Face Key Sequence.xls 
    - GameBone Structure (4 image files)
    - Muscle Mapping & Puppeteering Relation.xls
    - Lipsync Test.iTalk
    - Auto-Convert (2 sets of conversion profiles)
    - FBX (6 fbx files included)
    - How to auto-convert included FBX characters.txt
    - FBX (6 fbx files included)
    - DummyBone.iProp
    - Zart_Source Files: Base.OBJ x 1 + Target Mesh.
      OBJ x 4 (Texture files included)

Please click HERE to see how these new developer files work.

What exactly does GameBone do?

I understood when the first video was up, that you could import a character that was not skinned, and rig the character using the gamebone template.

in other words, a model that is a characer such as batman, but has no bones, can be mapped somehow using the gamebone template in an "auto-rig" type situation.

Is this true? or is gamebone just a way of making the animation easier in existing skinned bone characters?

By codewarrior - 11 Years Ago
Hmmm..

Long story short, I bought the facial enabled 3DXchange, even though I already owned pro, so I am out a fair bit of money, even though I got a great sale price. I had to uninstall my PRO to install 5.4 only to find my export to FBX gone, and then I uninstalled 5.4, reinstalled PRO and got the latest patch.

So..

1. You shouldn't sell me stuff I am eligible to get free.

2. The versioning/upgrade on 3DXchange PRO/Facial is a bit confusing.

3. Can I get a refund?

Cheers! Smile

By codewarrior - 11 Years Ago
Also wondering where the installer for the Facial Pipeline Character pack put the FBX sample files, lip sync test file etc.

Basically, the "Designers Source Pack" seems to be missing.

EDIT: Never mind - realized it's a seperate download.

By lousberg_wil - 11 Years Ago
I have update the 3dxchange 5 with the patch 5.4.

Import a character .. non standard ... all what i do... wrong ..

3DXchange works not more !!!

From Iclone 5. character tot 3dxchange 5 import file error.w00t

I have it installed in C: 86 program files

Can somebody tell me what is the question..

Sorry about my Englisch ...

Many thanks for help... johnvanderzee@ziggo.nl

By planetstardragon - 11 Years Ago
Did you update iclone 5.4 also ? both 3DX5 and Iclone have to be updated to be compatible.
hj (3/11/2013)
Hi Bruce

The update 3DXchange Pipiline 5.4 crashed after exporting a prop to iClone w00tw00tw00t

The Beta does not crash

also

best

hj

Hi HJ,

We have unfortunately not been able to reproduce this error.

Did you make sure that you completely removed the beta versions of iClone5 and 3DXchange5 and are using the latest 5.4 versions?

If so, please use the Support Form below to submit your source data so we can take a look at it. We can supply an FTP to upload your files if you need one.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

codewarrior (3/12/2013)
Hmmm..

Long story short, I bought the facial enabled 3DXchange, even though I already owned pro, so I am out a fair bit of money, even though I got a great sale price. I had to uninstall my PRO to install 5.4 only to find my export to FBX gone, and then I uninstalled 5.4, reinstalled PRO and got the latest patch.

So..

1. You shouldn't sell me stuff I am eligible to get free.

2. The versioning/upgrade on 3DXchange PRO/Facial is a bit confusing.

3. Can I get a refund?

Cheers! Smile

Hi Codewarrior,

I'm a little puzzled why you purchased 3DXchange5 Pro when you already had the 3DXchange5 Pipeline Edition? All you needed to do was update your Pipeline version.

However we will certainly issue you a refund if you purchased in error. Just contact Customer Support using the link below and they will help you get the refund. Smile

By animagic - 11 Years Ago
I have been trying to add some custom facial motions and figured out how to do that.

However, when I try to apply them in iClone be selecting the 3DX Custom option I programmed (number 1 in my case), iClone automatically selects the eyes and the head movement, which I don't want. If I try to deselect those, I also lose my custom selection. I'm I missing something?

Actually, the custom motions are still there but the option is no longer shown highlighted.

By lousberg_wil - 11 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (3/12/2013)
hj (3/11/2013)
Hi Bruce

The Beta does not crash

also

best

hj

Hi HJ,

We have unfortunately not been able to reproduce this error.

Did you make sure that you completely removed the beta versions of iClone5 and 3DXchange5 andare usingthe latest 5.4 versions?

If so, please use the Support Form below to submit your source data so we can take a look at it. We can supply an FTP to upload your files if you need one.

Thanks.

Indeed i have updated all and now works correct.. Smile
By surajit - 11 Years Ago
This is the greatest update.

There will be glitches - fine, I have learned to expect that everywhere, even with software worth thousands of dollars.

I am ready to wait for things to get better.

My installations and upgrades went without a hitch and without needing to uninstall anything.

This has answered my prayers, that I had for a long time.

To buy 3DS Max just to have fresh characters created by me in order to animate in iClone doesn't make sense to me.

But I still love to create now and then, and like the ease of iClone.

I am not entering the huge worth of 3DS max controversy.

But I love the little worth of little software like iClone, Daz, Blender, Milkshape, Poser, etcetera. They get my work done even for commercial ads on my local TV channels.

And this (I haven't yet had time to test out the new features properly) would definitely increase my output, as now I would be able to animate MY characters within iClone.

Many thanks to Reallusion.

And hi to Peter, who is one of the most patient and coolest moderators across the Internet I have experienced.

surajit (3/13/2013)
And hi to Peter, who is one of the most patient and coolest moderators across the Internet I have experienced.

Hi Surajit,

Thank you for the kind words.

Great to hear you are enjoying the new update. Smile

By hutchartwork - 11 Years Ago
Rcsinger's question "What exactly does GameBone do?" doesn't seem to have been addressed yet.
Before purchasing the Facial Pipeline Pack, I, too, would dearly like to know if the GameBone template allows us to rig ANY unrigged object (human-shaped or not) without having to first prepare it for rigging (or "pre-rig" it some way) in Blender or some other external program.
That would be just grand (and is a prerequisite/precondition to my purchasing the Pack).
Thanks, Peter, in advance!
Dean

Rcsinger went on to ask (in detail): "I understood when the first video was up, that you could import a character that was not skinned, and rig the character using the Gamebone template.
In other words, a model that is a character such as Batman, but has no bones, can be mapped somehow using the Gamebone template in an 'auto-rig' type situation.
Is this true? or is Gamebone just a way of making the animation easier in existing skinned bone characters?"
No, you can't rig inside 3dxxhange.
The question was addressed in another location.

The main benefit of gamebone is that there are presets inside 3dx that recognize the rig, making conversion easier. The fbx gamebone template can be imported into max, blender, maya, etc to skin your character with.

I have started a project in max using the gamebone to skin a character but it seems to me that biped will be easier to use. Especially with envelopes.
By Emerald Animation (formerly reelcheapfilms) - 10 Years Ago
Is there any plan to release the DummyBone.iprop as a standalone rather than as part of a bundle? I would like to use it, but I have no interest is most of the other stuff in the package.