iClone integration

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic145453.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Plonka - 11 Years Ago
It would be great if Reallusion came out with a unified product:

CTA + iClone
By strosfan47 - 11 Years Ago

This is a curious request. Can you sort of explain your thinking why/how unifying 2D and 3D would be beneficial? Thanks.
By Cricky - 11 Years Ago
They better not...

By TopOneTone - 11 Years Ago
I also had this thought. I haven't had cta long but I thought the facial animation controls looked easier to implement than i5 and the ability to use them on i5 characters I thought would be good. I suspect that they are actually similar but the presets are simpler and more varied in cta. I also thought it would be interesting to mix 2d & 3d design characters, sets, props etc. The idea of being able to take motions, content or characters that I had already created in i5 and import them into cta or vice versa, would be great. Is any of this actually possible now? I tried to use 3dxchange but this seems to only work with i5.
By jlittle - 11 Years Ago
If you have ever looked at the features in Anime Studio you would see that you can import 3D objects into the 2D environment and they will behave as 3D objects as you pan the camera. They also have object collision and a lot of other cool features that I hope RL has looked at and will incorporate into CTA2 with improvements and make them easier to use.

Importing 3D into a 2D environment is desirable as are a lot of other features found in iClone.
Whether the next CTA is more like iClone and will be compatible will remain to be seen.

Jeff
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
While it certainly could be possible to allow some 3D objects in CTA, merging iClone and CTA is not really a viable proposition. Thanks for the suggestions though.
By Peter (RL) - 11 Years Ago
jlittle (1/20/2013)
If you have ever looked at the features in Anime Studio you would see that you can import 3D objects into the 2D environment and they will behave as 3D objects as you pan the camera. They also have object collision and a lot of other cool features that I hope RL has looked at and will incorporate into CTA2 with improvements and make them easier to use.

Importing 3D into a 2D environment is desirable as are a lot of other features found in iClone.
Whether the next CTA is more like iClone and will be compatible will remain to be seen.

Jeff

Just to clarify, this kind of feature is not planned for CTA2. Thanks for the suggestion though.