Rope

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic137017.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By mailtophoo - 12 Years Ago
Hi Friends.
Is there any way create a Rope. I have Tried one with Rope constrain in the Physic setting But there is no option for the in the Rope Size. i.e. Length, width. etc.

Any suggestion
Thank
By Cricky - 12 Years Ago
mailtophoo (10/5/2012)
Hi Friends.
Is there any way create a Rope. I have Tried one with Rope constrain in the Physic setting But there is no option for the in the Rope Size. i.e. Length, width. etc.

Any suggestion
Thank

It's made the same way a chain is made using physics and Point-to-Point Constraints. You have to create the Line of Dummy links (as many as you deem necessary) and then attach what you want controlled by the dummies in the links... Point-to-Point linking is the key

Here is a Rope Bridge I built using Point to Point connections.

and a Basic Rope also done using Point-to-Point constraint:

More links on the rope would make it work smoother, but that was noted in the clip. This was a first try more or less at doing a physics rope.

There are many more examples out there where you can get settings from including Help when searching for Point-to-Point constraints or "New for 5.1".
Can you please sent the properties set to the Ball and Cylinder.

My setting:
-------------------

First Ball and Cylinder : Kinematic, .
Between Ball and Cylinder : Dynamic,Point-Point Constraint,
Where to set the Pivot.

Could you please send me the second example to me. My Email: mailtophoo@gmail.com.

HI cricky,
I have Tried all my possible but i didn't a a smooth simulation. it allway ran away from line please help.
By Cricky - 12 Years Ago
mailtophoo (10/6/2012)
Can you please sent the properties set to the Ball and Cylinder.

My setting:
-------------------

First Ball and Cylinder : Kinematic, .
Between Ball and Cylinder : Dynamic,Point-Point Constraint,
Where to set the Pivot.

Could you please send me the second example to me. My Email: mailtophoo@gmail.com.

This is a good way to learn physics.. so here you go: All your questions should be answered and resolved here. If not, let me know.

Open your PHYSICS WORLD Settings Panel (Little wrench) and reduce the World Scale to 1...that should keep the pieces from going nuts on you.

Only the Blocks have Physics applied, the objects they move around (Rope Sections/Chain/Whatever) are just attached to each block as needed, but have NO Physics applied, as they are moved by the blocks they are attached to.

I attached a Single Cylinder and Ball to each block. The ball suppresses the break when it swings.

Pivots for each block is TOP Center (Capsule Z). Each one is constrained to the block above it and you should always start from the bottom and go up.

Kinematic Blocks Settings: Primarily on top of the rope for control Save the two quotes below as a simple Text File by copy/paste method-give them a name you can recall and Import using the Physics Panel to Import them to the blocks.

[Physics]
active=true
type=0
[Rigid]
type=2
mass=1
friction=30
elasticity=50
damping=15
shape=3
shape_axis=2
[Soft]
mass=1
from_faces=true
bending=2
gen_bending=true
clusters=8
gen_cluster=true
rand_constraints=true
lin_stiffness=100
ang_stiffness=100
vol_stiffness=100
damping=0
drag=0
lift=0
pressure=0
vol_cons=0
friction=20
pose_mat=0
r_cont_hard=100
k_cont_hard=10
s_cont_hard=100
anch_hard=70
s_r_hard=10
s_k_hard=100
s_s_hard=50
s_r_split=50
s_k_split=50
s_s_split=50
solver_iterations=10
collision_margin=3
soft_rigid_collision=true
sr_col_type=0
soft_soft_collision=false
ss_col_type=1
self_collision=false

Dynamic Blocks Use these settings: For all the Blocks between both ends unless you want to do a rope bridge, then the top and bottom blocks are set to Kinematic.

[Physics]
active=true
type=0
[Rigid]
type=0
mass=1
friction=30
elasticity=50
damping=15
shape=3
shape_axis=2
[Soft]
mass=1
from_faces=true
bending=2
gen_bending=true
clusters=8
gen_cluster=true
rand_constraints=true
lin_stiffness=100
ang_stiffness=100
vol_stiffness=100
damping=0
drag=0
lift=0
pressure=0
vol_cons=0
friction=20
pose_mat=0
r_cont_hard=100
k_cont_hard=10
s_cont_hard=100
anch_hard=70
s_r_hard=10
s_k_hard=100
s_s_hard=50
s_r_split=50
s_k_split=50
s_s_split=50
solver_iterations=10
collision_margin=3
soft_rigid_collision=true
sr_col_type=0
soft_soft_collision=false
ss_col_type=1
self_collision=false
By Cricky - 12 Years Ago
These are the actual settings used for the Chain shown...the mass increase helps the chain to sag.

I forgot to give you an important piece of information...but this is all I can tell you:

The pieces that are the controllers (Blocks) need to have Rotation Constraints applied (Image Attached)

ok Dude i am going to try it out
hi dude i have a Block swing now but the idea of Cylinder and Ball is not working with me i could apply how. do we need to resize . Please help.

Could you Please do sent me one of your Project file. (rope one) to my mail.