iClone 5.23 Update - Now Available

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic109956.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Peter (RL) - 7 Years Ago
UPDATE - v5.13 (v5.13.1523.1) released 23rd March-12

A new version of the 5.13 upgrade is now available which fixes an issue with the move controls not functioning with saved avatars. Please download and install from your Account or via LiveUpdate.

By animatom - 7 Years Ago
That was fast. Bravo, Reallusion.
By hgagne - 7 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

As of this note, my account still shows version 5.13 (55.6MB) dated 2012/3/21 which I'll assume means that the links haven't been updated for all accounts yet.

Cheers,

By power - 7 Years Ago
Hi:

LiveUpdate is Failing will try downloading Patch from MyAccount. Have tried several times, show same build and and message at Update that I can't copy to clipboard. Windows 7 64 bit.

Sad
By Galfridus - 7 Years Ago
 I`ve used live update today (24th March) but Iclone is still showing it`s v 5.13.1521.1 Ermm

Geoff.

By animagic - 7 Years Ago
I downloaded the patch from my account and even though the data says 3/21, it will give you the updated patch (5.13.1323.1).
By Galfridus - 7 Years Ago
Thanks Animagic

Will give that a try.

Geoff.

Update 25th March.

Now downloaded patch from my account, as alternative to live update, after installation...

showing  5.13.1523.1

iClone 5.2 has now been released. This new upgrade includes the long awaited 64bit version. Smile

v5.2 (v5.2.1613.1 ) released 19th April-12

• Added: Add 64bit beta version for 64bit OS.
  • Added: Allow edit character in 3DXchange5 by clicking "Edit in 3DXchange".
  • Added: Allow add motion to 3DXchange5 by right mouse click "Collect Clip" track.
  • Enhanced: Content update – Character>Chuck
  • Fixed: Stereo output grass was flashing after change wind strength setting on grass.
  • Fixed: Break clip on timeline cause iClone hanging in some condition.
  • Fixed: character shift moved when character link to prop and play the second motion clip.
By mark - 7 Years Ago
I must be dreaming w00t ......Ahhhhh 64bit BigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
Will we be able to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions or do we have to choose?
By Shaky - 7 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/18/2012)
animagic (4/18/2012)
Will we be able to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions or do we have to choose?

Hi animagic

If you choose to update your current installation you will only receive the 32bit version of iClone 5.2. To get the 64bit version you will need to uninstall iClone5 and do a fresh install of the full installer (available from your Member Account).

Then when installed you will have icons for both 32bit and 64bit versions on your Desktop. Smile

Hi Peter

I have windows 7 (64 bit). Is it worth the effort to uninstall, and reinstall the software to get the 64 bit? In other words, what would 64 bit do for me?

Shaky
By animatom - 7 Years Ago
Memory. iClone will be capable to address all RAM you have in comp. Everything in iClone (specially heavy scenes) will be faster.
By Shaky - 7 Years Ago
animatom (4/18/2012)
Memory. iClone will be capable to address all RAM you have in comp. Everything in iClone (specially heavy scenes) will be faster.

OK, I know what I will be doing this weekend.
By Paumanok West - 7 Years Ago
Incredible: the world's coolest software gets a 64-bit upgrade--and it's free. Thanks!!!! w00t
By mark - 7 Years Ago
Oooo PW! you naughty boy!! My Freudian slip is showin' TongueTongueTongue
sw00000p (4/18/2012)
Hey Gang,

(Online)... how do you reset / release your existing license! I'd like to install the 64 bit!

Do I simply Uninstall then Re-Install while being connected to the internet?

yes.... BUT.... you must also have 3DS MAX 2010, 2011, and 2012 running, while animating 17 characters in a PHYSX cloud... with a $4000 plugin written in Serbian... but be SURE to watch all 12 tutorials ... in the CORRECT order...

AND.... you can't forget to install a new LINUX partition on your spare drive... because.... THAT'S HOW THE BIG BOYS do it...!

remember: NO MORE BUTTON PUSHING Tongue

(don't get upset, swoop, this is a *friendly* tease: we've all gotten to where we sorta love you, in a twisted kind of way Smile )
By RB3006 - 7 Years Ago
why there is only a AVI Video Exportoption in 64 Bit ???
By Shaky - 7 Years Ago
Paumanok West (4/18/2012)
sw00000p (4/18/2012)
Hey Gang,

(Online)... how do you reset / release your existing license! I'd like to install the 64 bit!

Do I simply Uninstall then Re-Install while being connected to the internet?

yes.... BUT.... you must also have 3DS MAX 2010, 2011, and 2012 running, while animating 17 characters in a PHYSX cloud... with a $4000 plugin written in Serbian... but be SURE to watch all 12 tutorials ... in the CORRECT order...

AND.... you can't forget to install a new LINUX partition on your spare drive... because.... THAT'S HOW THE BIG BOYS do it...!

remember: NO MORE BUTTON PUSHING Tongue

(don't get upset, swoop, this is a *friendly* tease: we've all gotten to where we sorta love you, in a twisted kind of way Smile )

Man, I was going to ask that same question, but not now. :-O

:-P
By colour - 7 Years Ago
No probs here - Yet.

All Content previously Copied from iC4 to iC5 32 Bit all there in iC5 64 Bit. Current Project Opens ok.

iC Launches & Project Opens much faster & without needing to end any Processes. System RAM running at only 30-40% average.

Having both 32 Bit & 64 Bit versions seems pointless to me.

By LarryPlane - 7 Years Ago
Super cool. I am so downloading this today. And tomorrow buying a new main board to support new memory!
By colour - 7 Years Ago
Same here
Paul_Ekert (4/19/2012)
I can confirm this on the 64bit version:

By SpyWare2 - 7 Years Ago
thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
By bobdoyle - 7 Years Ago
Just want to confirm that if I Uninstall my current 32-bit version of iclone 5, that I won't have to reinstall all my purchased content again...
This one really bites! Lost about three hours of work here by saving my project, heading for lunch and coming back to find this:

Sadly nothing I can do to get it to load. Previous version of this project loads fine, but that has three hours less work on it!

Okay I can confirm a procedure for this bug. Basically the project will not load if the Torch Particle is added to the scene. I have as yet not tested the other particles for this bug. To reproduce do the following:

1) start a new scene

2) add the particle Torch Fire to the scene and test particle by playing timeline

3) save project as "test fire" (for example)

4) create new project or close iClone

5) reload saved project.

Error message given. No apparent workaround.

By Keith_MPS - 7 Years Ago
Paul_Ekert (4/19/2012)
This one really bites! Lost about three hours of work here by saving my project

Does the project load in the 32-bit version of iClone?
Good to know. I guess that's why my 51 avatar project didn't load...because I had a dragon in it that has particle effects attached to his fire breath.
By hj - 7 Years Ago

the load error come with every Version 5.2 saved projekt included particle

hj
Unfortunately there is an issue loading projects containing particles that have been resaved in iClone 5.2. The development team are looking into this urgently and it should be fixed very soon.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Glad to hear the issue is being worked on. So far I'm very happy with what I've been able to do with the 64-bit version. I mean...I loaded 51 avatars without a crash Smile I even had my primaries doing their animation and the only thing hampering playback was the huge poly count my video card had to process.
By GimpMedia - 7 Years Ago
Well, I removed the old version and attempted to do a fresh install to use the 64 bit version. But, like a dope, didn't make sure I had a copy of the serial number. I was sure I had it saved to a word file on my c:/ drive, but can't for the life of me find it. And I try to get a copy sent to my e-mail and it sends it to my old e-mail address that I no longer have access to Sad

So the only iClone for me at the moment is iClone 4 Hehe Wanted an update, instead got a downgrade Blush

By Cellygon - 7 Years Ago
Have problems opening new project that I just saved last night with this new 5.2 update. both 32bit and 64bit are having the problem...

"Fail to load file. If this is a .vns file, please switch to project page and try again."

I've tried to drag and drop and project in to the scene. same thing happen.
I've tried to open the project from the project content manager... same message...
I am able to open older project just fine, this only happen with newer project that I just save last night...

By RobertoColombo - 7 Years Ago
Will we get AVCHD format with the final release ?
It is the most popular HD format today and also makes it possible to not lose in quality when rendered videos are inserted into some NLE editor for the final post-production and rendering.
By Postfrosch - 7 Years Ago
Have problems opening new project that I just saved last night with this new 5.2 update. both 32bit and 64bit are having the problem...

"Fail to load file. If this is a .vns file, please switch to project page and try again."

I've tried to open the project from the project content manager... same message...
I am able to open older project just fine, this only happen with newer project that I just save last night...

Yes i have the same problem
Greets from Germany
The Postfrosch
Wernr

By martok2112 - 7 Years Ago
Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
martok2112 (4/20/2012)
Another little glitch I'm noticing is that cameras do not come up in the timeline editor.

You mean you can't see the cameras on the timeline?

Right. When I pull up the the timeline editor, and try to get a camera (Say: "Viper Chase Cam") to appear on the timeline, it won't appear. Project, props, so far, those seem to appear, but the cameras did not....when I click on the "Viper Chase Camera" it won't appear in the timeline editor.
Peter (RL) did state earlier that the particle problem was being urgently addressed by the developers, and is being worked on....hopefully with a fix very soon. Smile
Ok....now for some points I've found, both good and bad, with the 64 bit beta so far.

The good:
MASSIVE polygon capabilities. A shot I just completed involved 299 PROPS, a single flyby camera, a starfield Sky texture. FACECOUNT: Well over 8 million. Filesize: 443MB. My computer didn't even seem to break a sweat. I did this shot based on the reports I've seen of users being able to load upwards of 50+ avatars (which is massive polycounts indeed).

Yes, eagerly awaiting more formats to be able to output to...but I must say, I am now THOROUGHLY impressed with .AVI (which is the only output format available in the 64 bit beta). Even though initial playback was choppy, and the filesize was something that damn near gave me a heart-attack (6.7 GB), when I converted it to Hi-Def (1080p) .mp4 format, the picture played smoothly, and the resolution was magnificent, and it was only 23MB!

The bad:
Cameras are not coming up on the timeline/key-frame editor. This would've come in very handy for making some very dynamic camera banks and turns during my fleet fly-through shot.

I won't even mess with particles until I know this has been fixed. Smile

The ugly:
Me. Smile

So, so far, I am enjoying the living hell out of using the 64 bit beta version of iC5 PRO. Knowing that I'll be able to not only do epic space battles, but be able to populate my bridges with more avatars for recording....I am lovin' life! Smile

I give it a 4/5. Smile
By Apparition - 7 Years Ago
Wow! I am a conservative teacher and I always warn students from "technology indigestion". I can feel it here with posts claiming having tons of props and avatars in one shot! Another symptom is the insistent urge for using the highest resolution, and flat files (uncompressed) to produce even the most intrascendental video segments. As someone said, "old" traditional cinematic and compositing methods are far better to accomplish massive scenes without having to fight a large clutter, long render times and lack of action control.
If the Titanic guys would have tried to do the disaster shots without compositing we would still be waiting for the movie! Ask them!
You should not need to reinstall your content. Peter recommended in another post to make a backup of you content directories, just in case. You could also temporarily rename the existing top level content directories and then afterwards move that content into the directories that are created during the install.
By Bruce (RL) - 7 Years Ago
Dear users,

Thanks for your feedback for the new patch.

After our confirmation it is a new bug on iClonev5.31.

Sorry to making annoying, we are now providing the temp fixed patch here:

For IC5.31 Std (Multiple languages)

http://c3340667.r67.cf0.rackcdn.com/IC531b_Std.zip

For IC5.31 Pro (Multiple languages)

http://c3340667.r67.cf0.rackcdn.com/IC531b_Pro.zip

For IC5.31 Trial (Multiple languages)

http://c3340667.r67.cf0.rackcdn.com/IC531b_Trial.zip

Please download and uncompressing the file, and update to program path

XP: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 5

Vista, Win7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 5

Best regards,
Reallusion Team
By colour - 7 Years Ago
This Screenshot Error Message is what I get for both iC5 Bin & iC5 Bin 64, when I Open the iClone.exe Files contained therein, with iC5.31 Update InstalledErmm

By mark - 7 Years Ago
Well it looks like the install went very well on this end...so far at least BigGrin
NEW UPDATE - iClone 5.13 has now been released (22nd March 2012).
The LiveUpdate version appears not to be updated to the latest build just yet. Please install the version of the patch from your Account. This is the latest fixed build numbered 5.13.1523.1.
Great timing. I'll be testing the 64-bit version with a scene I'm working on that has 8 primary characters (works in 32-bit, with LAA tweak) and about 10 background characters (crashes at some point while adding them).

If I can get ~20 characters in the same scene I'll be in heaven. If not, I guess I will have to try my hand at compositing.
By sjonesdc - 7 Years Ago
gnasche (4/18/2012)
Great timing. I'll be testing the 64-bit version with a scene I'm working on that has 8 primary characters (works in 32-bit, with LAA tweak) and about 10 background characters (crashes at some point while adding them).

If I can get ~20 characters in the same scene I'll be in heaven. If not, I guess I will have to try my hand at compositing.

I hate to sound like a "newbie", but how do you know which version is downloaded???

sjonesdc (4/18/2012)
I hate to sound like a "newbie", but how do you know which version is downloaded???

I don't know. I'm at work and won't get to run the update until about 7 hours from now. However, I'm assuming that it makes a second shortcut in your start menu. So, you'll have one that just says "iClone5" and one that says "iClone5 64-bit beta".
animagic (4/18/2012)

Hi animagic

If you choose to update your current installation you will only receive the 32bit version of iClone 5.2. To get the 64bit version you will need to uninstall iClone5 and do a fresh install of the full installer (available from your Member Account).

Then when installed you will have icons for both 32bit and 64bit versions on your Desktop. Smile

sjonesdc (4/18/2012)

Please see my reply to animagic above for the answer. Smile

By sjonesdc - 7 Years Ago
Peter,

Thanks!!!
Shaky (4/18/2012)
I have windows 7 (64 bit). Is it worth the effort to uninstall, and reinstall the software to get the 64 bit? In other words, what would 64 bit do for me?

Shaky

Hi Shaky

The major difference between 32Bit and 64Bit is that 64Bit will be able to make use of memory above the 4GB limit. So basically if you have 4GB or less memory installed in your system, you probably won't notice that much difference, but if you have more than 4GB of memory then 64Bit will certainly be the way to go.

mark (4/18/2012)
I must be dreaming w00t ......Ahhhhh 64bit BigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

Funny, PW Smile

Here's what I did. But...I was extremely paranoid about having to reinstall the 22GB of content I had. All of this probably wasn't necessary, but I just wanted to be sure not to lose anything.

1) Rename my iClone_Content folder to old_iClone_Content. iClone_Content is a custom folder I made when I originally installed iClone. Your content folder will be different.
2) Uninstalled iClone5
3) Downloaded/installed iClone 5 and the Resource Pack. I chose my original iClone_Content location as the content folder on this new install.
4) Copied the new folders inside iClone_Content into the old_iClone_Content directory, overwriting everything that was a duplicate.
5) Deleted iClone_Content and renamed old_iClone_Content to iClone_Content.
6) Rebooted

Everything is working great. I'm now up to 22 characters in a scene in iClone5 64-bit beta.
By Cricky - 7 Years Ago
I created a NEW iCon to replace the 64Bit iCon for iClone5.2

If you want it, here is the link
http://www.box.com/s/df6578c79e01bf0ebbcc

It is easier to spot with the RED 64 superimposed on it, so you know what version you are selecting. Some people do not display text under their iCons, so it is more easily spotted.

The default folder for my installation is where I placed the iCon (*.ico) file included in the Zip file.

Just put the supplied icon in your 64bit Bin Folder and change the shortcut by right clicking the current shortcut and choosing its properties; then select the iCon from the folder.

The iCon was created using http://www.rw-designer.com/3D_icon_editor.php

This is what it looks like:

Strictly an option...Only you can decide if the 1-2 second download is worth it. Tongue
By wendyluvscatz - 7 Years Ago
I just ran the patch on my 64bit beta

now characters talk with text to speech and all the motions work, so yhat has been fixed

my 3DX5 beta files work too so all good sofar Cool

Well, I gave up after adding 51 avatars without it crashing.
http://malletpropstudios.com/files/51_avatars.jpg (just noticed that everyone can now see who I was listening to on youtube Smile )

However, after I saved it, closed iClone, rebooted, it wouldn't load again. After it hit about 500KB of RAM, it would said "failed to load vns".

Then it would give this error:
"Free Disk Space on Disk C is insufficient. iClone may not run smoothly."

I have plenty of drive space on C (about 120GB free). This is the same error that iClone 32-bit gives when loading the project.

I didn't overwrite my original project because I knew this could be a problem. However, if you're adding more and more content, it might be a good idea to save as a new filename every once in a while and make sure you can open the project.
My only gripe (thus far) with the 64 bit version is that the only video export format is .AVI.
I can confirm this on the 64bit version:

By planetstardragon - 7 Years Ago
@Bob, you should be fine with uninstall, I did it and still have my content...but you should always have back ups of your stuff, especially your original irreplaceable work just in case. Never tempt fate!! Smile

Cheers!
martok2112 (4/19/2012)
My only gripe (thus far) with the 64 bit version is that the only video export format is .AVI.

Sadly in the Beta Version of iClone 5.2 64Bit .AVI is the only export option available. Expect to see more output options once it becomes a full release.

bobdoyle (4/19/2012)
Just want to confirm that if I Uninstall my current 32-bit version of iclone 5, that I won't have to reinstall all my purchased content again...

Just to reiterate what PSD has already said. All your previously installed content will still be there after uninstalling and doing a fresh install, but it is always advised to backup your content anyway. It's always wise to take no chances.

Another bug I've found.

1) add fire torch particle to a scene.

2) test that it works by playing the timeline

3) save the particle emitter as a custom (click on the + sign)

4) try to load that saved custom emitter via double click or drag and drop.

Result - Error message

imho, you should always print either uncompressed avi or image sequence from iclone anyways for the best quality.....a simple work around to this is a free video convertor like this one http://www.any-video-converter.com/avi-converter/free-avi-converter.php

the avi files may be large, but the quality is the best, and when you are done, just compress them to rar ....they shrink down to an mp4 file size anyways for storage.
Good suggestion Keith, but not, sadly not. No worries, I'm cool with the risks of using open beta software.

Oh I also tried just adding a particle to the 32bit version and saving the project. Same result. Error message given when project is opened again.

Also tried this with water particle effects and that gave the same error message.

Looks as though particles are not usable in this beta version.

By mark - 7 Years Ago
Looks like most all particle effects have this project loading problem. 32bit & 64bit w00t

Some old projects, with particle effects, seem to load and play fine while others give that same .vns message and won't load. If I save an old project with particle effects in 5.2 it will not reload.

Good catch Paul! Smile
I'd have to add that after using the new 64bit version all day it does "feel" a substantially more stable programe. Not sure what's different, but I have only had one crash and that was working with some very large scene material trying to create a space scene. So well done to the RL team. The practical thing is unfortunate, but otherwise it appears a good release.

Paul
By Liquid Rock - 7 Years Ago
SAme to me, anyway which generation I use to animate! Before and after the patch. Same result!w00t
By mark - 7 Years Ago
Pretty sure the folks at RL will nail the bugs soon!
But I must agree iClone 64 is going to be all I dreamed it would BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin
Issue (Maybe new): When you add an avatar, it will blink for the duration of the project's "Animation Length" (frames). However, if you extend the Animation Length (add more frames), the character will not blink beyond the original Animation Length.

Reproduce:
1) Open New Project (Default Animation Length: 1800 frames)
2) Add human avatar with normal blinking
3) Change project to 3000 frames
4) Play the animation and observe that the avatar only blinks for 1800 frames

It's very possible that this issue existed before 5.2 and I just never noticed. I tested with iClone Pro 5.2 32-bit.

Thanks!
By Rampa - 7 Years Ago
Ratticis (4/19/2012)
Well, I removed the old version and attempted to do a fresh install to use the 64 bit version. But, like a dope, didn't make sure I had a copy of the serial number. I was sure I had it saved to a word file on my c:/ drive, but can't for the life of me find it. And I try to get a copy sent to my e-mail and it sends it to my old e-mail address that I no longer have access to Sad

So the only iClone for me at the moment is iClone 4 Hehe Wanted an update, instead got a downgrade Blush

Ratticis, go into your account on the main RL page, and then select "License History". You will see your serial number displayed there, and then can install using it. Just drag over it to select ( like selecting text). Good luck.
rampa (4/19/2012)
Ratticis, go into your account on the main RL page, and then select "License History". You will see your serial number displayed there, and then can install using it. Just drag over it to select ( like selecting text). Good luck.

Also, while you're there, click on Edit Profile on the left and update your email address (another way to get your serial number).
By GimpMedia - 7 Years Ago
Ah, thank you. Knew it was probably a simple fix, but sometimes (ok, most times) I'm not that smart. Thanks a bunch
Peter (RL) (4/19/2012)
martok2112 (4/19/2012)

Sadly in the Beta Version of iClone 5.2 64Bit .AVI is the only export option available. Expect to see more output options once it becomes a full release.

Thanks, Peter. Smile A part of me figured it may have just been an issue of it being a beta release, and not a full release....so this is good to know. Thanks, again. Smile

I do have software that can convert .AVI into other formats (Magix Movie Edit Pro, which is how I found iClone in the first place Smile ).

Also, will be good to know when the particle problem is fixed. I haven't had cause to use particles yet, but will be most appreciative when I can run the program without the unfortunate project killers that other users here have had to deal with. Smile
Another little glitch I'm noticing is that cameras do not come up in the timeline editor.
By colour - 7 Years Ago
I stand to be corrected, however, IMO, AVCHD isn't an Export File Format & was Developed by Camcorder Manufacturers as a Highly Compressed High Definition Recording Format for storage purposes.

AVCHD is in fact unpopular, because it's impossible to Edit it on  the majority of home PCs without converting to DV-AVI or MPEG-2 HD beforehand.

Possibly several hundred Posts on the Pinnacle Studio Forum testify to that since it was first introduced.

RobertoColombo (4/20/2012)
It is the most popular HD format today and also makes it possible to not lose in quality when rendered videos are inserted into some NLE editor for the final post-production and rendering.
Cypher Wolf (4/20/2012)

This appears to be a problem if you ADD particles to a scene then save it and try to reopen it later. It may happen with other iClone elements, but so far I have only been able to reproduce the problem with particles.

Best bet is to ONLY work with back-up's of your project files and keep the originals isolated.

RL are aware of these problems and hopefully a fix will be released soon. Hopefully this fix will unlock those projects that now fail to load.

Paul
martok2112 (4/20/2012)

colour (4/20/2012)
I stand to be corrected, however, IMO, AVCHD isn't an Export File Format & was Developed by Camcorder Manufacturers as a Highly Compressed High Definition RecordingFormat for storage purposes.

AVCHD is in fact unpopular, because it's impossible to Edit it on the majority of home PCs without converting to DV-AVI or MPEG-2 HD beforehand.

Possibly several hundred Posts on the Pinnacle Studio Forum testify to thatsince it was firstintroduced.

I would agree with this. AVCHD has been a format that has wrked better for camera makers than camera users who want to edit on a computer.

By Cellygon - 7 Years Ago
Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
Cypher Wolf (4/20/2012)

This appears to be a problem if you ADD particles to a scene then save it and try to reopen it later. It may happen with other iClone elements, but so far I have only been able to reproduce the problem with particles.

Best bet is to ONLY work with back-up's of your project files and keep the originals isolated.

RL are aware of these problems and hopefully a fix will be released soon. Hopefully this fix will unlock those projects that now fail to load.

Paul

you're right, it's the particles....
martok2112 (4/20/2012)
Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
martok2112 (4/20/2012)

Right. When I pull up the the timeline editor, and try to get a camera (Say: "Viper Chase Cam") to appear on the timeline, it won't appear. Project, props, so far, those seem to appear, but the cameras did not....when I click on the "Viper Chase Camera" it won't appear in the timeline editor.

I cannot reproduce this either with a new project or a saved one. Can you give me a 1 to 10 procedure to show this bug?
By mark - 7 Years Ago
Same here. Cameras show up in 64bit timeline Keyframes and all Smile
Hi Everyone

We have now issued a temporary fix for the issue that prevents projects being reloaded if they contain particles. You can find the download and install instructions by following the link below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic119871-281-1.aspx

Mike, it's just the fun of trying... Experiment, right?
I am just happy to be able to add bump to my all surfaces without crashing iClone, the 64bit handles it very nicely.
By hgagne - 7 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (1/21/2012)
iClone Version History

Please Note: If you wish to try the new 64bit Beta version of iClone 5.2 then you will need to uninstall your current version. Then download the new full installer from your Member Account and install. This will then give you icons for both the 32Bit and 64Bit versions on your Desktop.

Happy to read that a 64-bit version is nearing Gold release.  A few questions:

Terms:

IC5 32 = Current IC5 product
IC5 32/64 = New Full Installer

[1] Settings migration (ex: Configuration, work paths, temp folder, etc.)

Traditionally, uninstalling a product prior to reinstalling effectively removes all files and registry settings; is there a recommended approach to take to reinstall IC5 32/64 bit?

[2] Plugins compatibility (ex: Physics Toolbox, MOCAP, etc.)

Will 64-bit versions of plugins be released or are the existing plugins 64-bit ready? 

After uninstalling IC5 32 and resintalling IC5 32/64, will plugins need to be uninstalled/reinstalled?

[3] Content

Will content need to be reinstalled if one uninstalls IC5 32 to reinstall IC5 32/64 bit?

The account portal only displays the date the content was purchased; would be helpful if the account content table displayed information such as Version and Date. Does Reallusion have a list of content that may have been updated (revised) since initial release?

[4] IC4 Backwards Compatibility (ex: Content, Project, 3DXchange4, etc.)

Will it be possible to open existing IC4 content, projects in the 64-bit IC5?

Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
colour (4/20/2012)
I stand to be corrected, however, IMO, AVCHD isn't an Export File Format & was Developed by Camcorder Manufacturers as a Highly Compressed High Definition RecordingFormat for storage purposes.

AVCHD is in fact unpopular, because it's impossible to Edit it on the majority of home PCs without converting to DV-AVI or MPEG-2 HD beforehand.

Possibly several hundred Posts on the Pinnacle Studio Forum testify to thatsince it was firstintroduced.

I would agree with this. AVCHD has been a format that has wrked better for camera makers than camera users who want to edit on a computer.

AVCHD is actually useful as a format to burn bluray player compatible HD video on DVDs. I use it for short films. But I wouldn't use it for editing. It's been mentioned many times and should be repeated: it is best to use a lossless format when rendering from iClone.

By muratcizer - 7 Years Ago
hi,
after updating my timeline window dissapeared.Cant get it back.I try f3 but still nothing happens.What can i do?
Cricky (4/30/2012)
The Raise Left Cheek Still happens. The 1st Prop (VNS) that I added to an active scene caused it to "Rear" it's ugly head.

Thanks for the notification Cricky. I will pass your findings to the development team.

It seems our old friend "Raise Left Cheek" is refusing to disappear completely. Wink

By rfacko - 7 Years Ago
I was glad to see 5.21 update and installed.  Since I updated to 5.2 I have been unable to run Mocap.  Tech support has been trying to find a way for me to install so that my Device Manager recognizes my Xbox 360.  They insist that I have remnants of past drivers lurking on my hard drive but I have no idea how to find or remove them.  They suggested I contact Microsoft.  No thanks.  That quagmire is a nightmare.  Does anyone, ANYONE at all, have ideas, suggestions, etc?  I refuse to blame it on the fact that Kinect for Windows is now the way to go -- I purchased the Xbox 360 the moment the the first Mocap became available.  It has worked fine.  Oh, yes.  I do have a new computer with Windows 7 Professional. 

Hurting in Florida

By rfacko - 7 Years Ago
Hi, Hgagne:

That is a thorough response with much information.  I'll certainly try to find the hidden items.  Tried once already but I hadn't removed the kinet beta driver.  I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens.  Thanks a million for the time and care.

rfacko - now hurting a bit less

By rfacko - 7 Years Ago
Hi, hgagne

I followed all of the steps involved, unplugged, re-installed but I still get nothing.  My computer will not recognize the X-box so I am still at square one.  Perhaps one day Reallusion will find a working answer.  I can't use the Mocap at all now but I just have to accept that.  Again, thank you for all of your suggestions. Should anyone else read this and have an idea, I welcome all suggestions.

By hgagne - 7 Years Ago
rfacko (5/1/2012)
Hi, hgagne

I followed all of the steps involved, unplugged, re-installed but I still get nothing.  My computer will not recognize the X-box so I am still at square one.  Perhaps one day Reallusion will find a working answer.  I can't use the Mocap at all now but I just have to accept that.  Again, thank you for all of your suggestions. Should anyone else read this and have an idea, I welcome all suggestions.

Just to confirm the steps you followed:

1. Added the Global Environment Variable from the MS KB and set it to '1'.
  2. Launched Device Manager and selected Show Hidden Devices.
  3. Looked through the USB and other media related nodes for Kinect, PrimeSense, and OpenNI phantom drivers and uninstalled them.
  4. Uninstalled any Kinect related packages OpenNI, PrimeSense, MSBeta, etc. from "Add/Remove Programs"
  5. Restarted worktation.
  6. Installed the RL MSBETA drivers.
  7. Physically connected the MS XBOX Kinect device.

Assuming the above sequence was followed, it's possible that:

1. There's a conflicting USB device physically connected; try temporarily removing USB devices excluding KB and Mouse.
  2. There's an issue with the physical USB port; try a different port.
  3. Another phantom device driver is causing an issue; review all of the nodes (specially USB) and uninstall any phantom device drivers for items such as KB, mouse, display adapter, usb devices.  Ignore the restart prompt until you have removed all phantom drivers ... then restart.
  4. The systemboard firmware and/or drivers need to be updated.
  5. The external power adapter required for the XBOX Kinect to function on a PC is not supplying sufficient power.
  6. Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC), Driver Signing, and/or an Anti-Virus program is blocking the installation of the drivers.

Have a look at the Windows Event Viewer, you're likely going to see event messages in the Application and System logs around the time you install and connect the XBOX Kinect device to the system.

Cheers,

By rfacko - 7 Years Ago
Gulp!   I'll slowly try to cover all of those bases.  You are a true fount of knowledge concerning troubleshooting for the Kinect system. 

Thanks,

rfacko

v5.22 (v5.22.1820.1) released 20th June-12

• Fixed: Thumbnails disappeared when using the Uploader with data saved in iClone5 64Bit version.
  • Fixed: Using characters converted in 3DX5, would sometimes make the Motion Layer editing crash.
  • Fixed: Motion captured demo project (Gorf Project) would not load in iClone.
  • Fixed: Dragging an image to a path would cause iClone to crash.
tonilandau (2/19/2012)
[quote][Also what can be done about the unexpected "bent elbows" when importing/loading some older G3 avatars into the working space,and/or hands,elbows feet and toes sinking into the body,legs and sometimes the ground?.

Can you post a screenshot showing these problems. I have not found these issues with using G3 avatars.

For body parts going through other body parts this can happen sometimes as there is no default collision detection for avatars. You should be able to use Edit Motion Layer to make adjustments whenever this does happen though. To stop feet going through the ground you just need to turn on Foot Contact in the Avatar Modify Panel.

By tonilandau - 7 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (2/13/2012)
NEW UPDATE - iClone 5.12 has now been released (13th February 2012).

Thanks Peter for the update.
Correct me if I am wrong ,but I seem to get confused with every new update patch. Iclone 5 started a little bit unsteady with some obvious bugs I almost never use the Kinect plugin,or device simply because I prefer to create my own custom motions,and because I keep reading the Kinect device/camera produces jerky motions.w00t
Also what can be done about the unexpected "bent elbows" when importing/loading some older G3 avatars into the working space,and/or hands,elbows feet and toes sinking into the body,legs and sometimes the ground?.
v5.23 (v5.23.1913.1) released 16th July-12

• Fixed: Lip-syncing results were not correct; they would sometimes exaggerate expressions.

iClone Version History

v5.23 (v5.23.1913.1) released 16th July-12

• Fixed: Lip-syncing results were not correct; they would sometimes exaggerate expressions.

v5.22 (v5.22.1820.1) released 20th June-12

• Fixed: Thumbnails disappeared when using the Uploader with data saved in iClone5 64Bit version.
  • Fixed: Using characters converted in 3DX5, would sometimes make the Motion Layer editing crash.
  • Fixed: Motion captured demo project (Gorf Project) would not load in iClone.
  • Fixed: Dragging an image to a path would cause iClone to crash.

v5.21 (v5.21.1627.1 ) released 27th April-12

• Fixed: Popup message "Raise Left Cheek" crashing under some special conditions.
  • Fixed: Could not reload projects containing particle effects.
  • Fixed: "Terms Of Endearment" & "Argument's Motion pack" content packs were not working properly.
  • Fixed: Device Mocap was not working in 64Bit OS.

• Added: Add 64bit beta version for 64bit OS.
  • **Please Note: In 64Bit version, Export > Video only supports .avi format output.**
  • Added: Allow edit character in 3DXchange5 by clicking "Edit in 3DXchange".
  • Added: Allow add motion to 3DXchange5 by right mouse click "Collect Clip" track.
  • Enhanced: Content update – Character>Chuck
  • Fixed: Stereo output grass was flashing after change wind strength setting on grass.
  • Fixed: Break clip on timeline cause iClone hanging in some condition.
  • Fixed: character shift moved when character link to prop and play the second motion clip.

Please Note: If you wish to try the new 64bit Beta version of iClone 5.2 then you will need to uninstall your current version. Then download the new full installer from your Member Account and install. This will then give you icons for both the 32Bit and 64Bit versions on your Desktop.

Please login to your Member Account to download both the update and latest full installer or use LiveUpdate to get the latest update..

Previous History

v5.13 (v5.13.1523.1) released 23rd March-2012

• Added: "Reset Scale" to prevent non-uniform scale objects distorting out of shape under some conditions.
    (ex: wheel object on Physics Toolbox)
  • Added: Enable "Set as Dummy" while multi-object selected.
  • Added: Y and Z rotation for Physics-Spring constraint.
  • Enhanced: Allow "Preview Render" to render Dummy Object, Grid and Axial.
  • Fixed: Cannot add action command when Rigid body simulation is turned off.
  • Fixed: Timeline does not auto extend while adding track.
  • Fixed: Hair Scale gizmo axial.

v5.12 (v5.12.1410.1) released 13th February-12

• Device Mocap (Kinect for Windows): Formal release of Device Mocap MS version for Microsoft Kinect SDK.
  • Added: "Remove Script" function for Projects, iProps, and Characters.
  • Added: Prop with script now appears with blue text in Scene Manager.
  • Fixed: Some iProp with AML script convert to non-human in 3DXchange4, producing incorrect motion in iClone5.
  • Fixed: Issue with opening Facial Puppet Panel.
  • Fixed: Cannot activate physics for props which are converted from a terrain component

v5.11 (v5.11.1320.1) released 20th January-12

•Fixed: Fixed changing body part failure in G3 character.

v5.1 (v5.1.1317.1) released 18th January-12

Device Mocap:

Provide "Microsoft Kinect SDK" Beta2 version.
- Enhanced: Better skeleton recognition, and more stable skeleton signal.
- Added: Wrist Animation.
- Added: Head Animation (Tilting).
- Added: Floor Auto Detection.
•Added: Mirror Function in Mocap control panel.
•Added: Provide Smoother to reduce noise while capturing.
•Added: Floor Calibration to get better foot to floor relation.
•Added: "Body Command" function to control Preview, Record and Stop commands.

Physics Enhancement:
•Added: Multi – Constraint.
•Added: Constraint Stability Setting.
•Added: Hinge Constraint.
•Added: Slider Constraint.
•Added: Point to Point Constraint.
•Added: Generic Constraint.
•Added: Rope Constraint.
•Added: Cone Twist Constraint.
•Added: Spring Constraint.
•Added: Make it keyable for Rigidbody 4 state type.

Others:
•Added: Right click to switch pin state.
•Added: Parent & Local option for Gizmo Rotation.
•Added: Press hotkey W, E, allows looping switch World (Parent) & Local.
•Added: Direct Puppet - Add mirror function.
•Added: Allow use right mouse click to switch Direct Puppet pin state.
•Added: Added tab hotkey to switch to start and end of each clip in the clip track in Timeline.
•Enhanced: Enhanced scene manager performance.
•Enhanced: Dragging Left-Right palm in Motion layer would spread open and close palm.
•Simplified Trial registration flow on Trial version.
•Fixed: Side face image not obvious while creating a face.
•Fixed: Motion Layer - Mirror function not work properly while the character is rotating.
•Fixed: Fixed deformed lag issue after save and reload of some G2 Characters.
•Fixed: Fixed set follow cam to current view and switch camera causes project load failure.
•Fixed: Fixed some object transform value convert failures caused them to appear upside down or disordered.
•Fixed: Fixed system task bar set to left or right causing iClone window to be cropped when maximizing window.
•Fixed: Fixed particle effect always on the front when Toon or Ambient Occlusion effect set to On.
•Fixed: Fixed: Fixed some character loading failure in "Female SuperHeroes" pack.
•Fixed: Fixed "Align Actor Motion" occasional movement error.

You can upgrade to this latest version by running LiveUpdate from your Start Menu/Reallusion or by logging into your Account and choosing Bonus.

majorlance (7/24/2012)
Hi. After reading about all the issues with the 5.2 versions and the 64-bit versions I have refrained from updating my 5.13 version, but I'm realizing there is some content that I can't use as the stores say for version 5.22 etc.

So, maybe this has been asked and I just missed it while searching the forums, but is it possible to keep my 5.13 as my trusty backup and get the new update as a program that is beside it..or even the 64 bit? I have 6 GB RAM, is that even worth the 64 bit? I forget if I got IC5 on disk or just download; I'll have to look.

I have the hard drive of a previous PC enclosed in a case and use it as an external drive. Would running another version of iClone be any different if it were installed on that drive?

Thanks in advance,

ML

It isn't recommended to try and have two different builds of iClone5 on the same computer. This will almost certainly lead to problems, especially when installing content etc.

The whole purpose of incremental updates is to resolve any issues that have been found previously. The latest build of iClone5 is 5.23 and this is the version we recommend you have installed. Smile

By paulsulsky - 7 Years Ago
I just got the same message.
NEW UPDATE - iClone 5.12 has now been released (13th February 2012).
By majorlance - 7 Years Ago
Hi. After reading about all the issues with the 5.2 versions and the 64-bit versions I have refrained from updating my 5.13 version, but I'm realizing there is some content that I can't use as the stores say for version 5.22 etc.

So, maybe this has been asked and I just missed it while searching the forums, but is it possible to keep my 5.13 as my trusty backup and get the new update as a program that is beside it..or even the 64 bit? I have 6 GB RAM, is that even worth the 64 bit? I forget if I got IC5 on disk or just download; I'll have to look.

I have the hard drive of a previous PC enclosed in a case and use it as an external drive. Would running another version of iClone be any different if it were installed on that drive?

Thanks in advance,

ML
No other export file format yet for the 64 bits version ? Doze

By tonilandau - 7 Years Ago
Peter,
thanks for the announcement. But I am still slightly confused about each update patch making the previous versions models,and other content suddenly becoming obsolete and not loading with the latest update,I believe is 5.23.
Shouldn't updates allowed older content to still be loadable on the latest fix update?w00t
just wondering. I still use version 5.2 and I wonder if these models and content I have will load or be compatible with this newest update 5.23?
By colour - 7 Years Ago
Quote; (I get the usual Error Message gibberrish, when using BB Code):

"The whole purpose of incremental updates is to resolve any issues that have been found previously. The latest build of iClone5 is 5.23 and this is the version we recommend you have installed"

Peter

End of Quote

Do the latest iClone "Updates" include all of the fixes in previous Updates, as in NLE Programs?

Your Post re; 5.23 Update, only states the LipSync Fix.

I find iClone Update Web Page confusing, in that there's a separate Download for the Latest "Full" Version on the left-hand side, plus Download for the current Update(s) in the right-hand side.

tonilandau (7/24/2012)
Peter,
thanks for the announcement. But I am still slightly confused about each update patch making the previous versions models,and other content suddenly becoming obsolete and not loading with the latest update,I believe is 5.23.
Shouldn't updates allowed older content to still be loadable on the latest fix update?w00t
just wondering. I still use version 5.2 and I wonder if these models and content I have will load or be compatible with this newest update 5.23?

Hi..

The 5.23 update does not make any previous models obsolete. Everything you can open in the 5.2 version will open fine in the 5.23 version.

Okay Peter, there seem to be no complaints after 5.23 so I'm taking the plunge. The patch reads iC520-Enu_Full_Patch.exe. I'm assuming it will deliver 5.23, but if not is there another link for iC523....? On a side note, in my experience 5.13 and 4.31 were great and reliable builds respectively. Wish me luck!
Just updated, but the version reads as 5.2.1618.1. Do I just go through the update process again to get to 5.23?
Never mind; I updated again, and it went to 5.23. Sorry I couldn't delete the previous post.
Here are the answers to your questions. Smile

hgagne (4/22/2012)

[1] Settings migration (ex: Configuration, work paths, temp folder, etc.)

Traditionally, uninstalling a product prior to reinstalling effectively removes all files and registry settings; is there a recommended approach to take to reinstall IC5 32/64 bit?

When you install 32/64Bit versions, the install path and temp settings will be the same. However Preferences are separate for each version. Installed content is not removed during uninstall.

[2] Plugins compatibility (ex: Physics Toolbox, MOCAP, etc.)

Will 64-bit versions of plugins be released or are the existing plugins 64-bit ready? 

After uninstalling IC5 32 and resintalling IC5 32/64, will plugins need to be uninstalled/reinstalled?

There will be no need to update to 64Bit as there is no difference in 32Bit or 64Bit. You will not need to uninstall any plugins either.

[3] Content

Will content need to be reinstalled if one uninstalls IC5 32 to reinstall IC5 32/64 bit?

The account portal only displays the date the content was purchased; would be helpful if the account content table displayed information such as Version and Date. Does Reallusion have a list of content that may have been updated (revised) since initial release?

When you uninstall iClone5 your installed content will remain. There will be no need to reinstall. Both 32Bit and 64Bit versions share the same content folders.

[4] IC4 Backwards Compatibility (ex: Content, Project, 3DXchange4, etc.)

Will it be possible to open existing IC4 content, projects in the 64-bit IC5?

All content that works in 32Bit version will work in 64Bit version. There is no difference.

Hope this helps.

Just a quick reminder. If you are having any problems that are seriously affecting your use of iClone, please remember to use the Support Form below. This way the issue can be tracked and followed up with on a one to one basis.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

I imagine this is common knowledge - but i haven't seen any mention of it, I'm getting a ""KinectDevice" unsupported plug-in." error with the 64 bit version.
By rgreenidge - 7 Years Ago
I got the same error, with one test project, in 32 bit mode before; of not having enough disk space, a few months ago. Sent it to tech support. Get the same result, with the 64 bit version. Only using 3 avatars. But these 3 avatars, (Carnival outfits, with feathers); are humongous in size. I have more, than the free disk size, it requested; and tried, setting the other hardrives, as the temp folder, but getting, the same result. So far, all my other projects loaded faster, in 64 bits. Even the ones, I needed the 4GB extender memory program; to load.

64 bits, this great; now I can get back to finishing my projects, without deleting things. Thanks iClone. Hope, they solve this, free disk space error now.       

New 5.21 update released today. Please download from your Member Account or via LiveUpdate. Please see version notes below.

iClone Version History

• Fixed: Popup message "Raise Left Cheek" crashing under some special conditions.
  • Fixed: "Terms Of Endearment" & "Argument's Motion pack" content packs were not working properly.
By Cricky - 7 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/30/2012)
New 5.21 update released today. Please download from your Member Account or via LiveUpdate. Please see version notes below.

iClone Version History

The Raise Left Cheek Still happens. The 1st Prop (VNS) that I added to an active scene caused it to "Rear" it's ugly head.
muratcizer (4/30/2012)
hi,
after updating my timeline window dissapeared.Cant get it back.I try f3 but still nothing happens.What can i do?

If you are confident using the Registry Editor then you can do the following to get the Timeline back. WARNING: Editing Windows Registry is NOT recommended for those who are unfamiliar with registry editing. Be sure to backup your registry prior to making any changes.

1) Click Start > Run > type Regedit in the run field.
2) Delete the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\iClone\5.0\Dlgpos\P10

4) Open iClone again and your timeline should be back.

By hgagne - 7 Years Ago
rfacko (4/30/2012)
I was glad to see 5.21 update and installed.  Since I updated to 5.2 I have been unable to run Mocap.  Tech support has been trying to find a way for me to install so that my Device Manager recognizes my Xbox 360.  They insist that I have remnants of past drivers lurking on my hard drive but I have no idea how to find or remove them.  They suggested I contact Microsoft.  No thanks.  That quagmire is a nightmare.  Does anyone, ANYONE at all, have ideas, suggestions, etc?  I refuse to blame it on the fact that Kinect for Windows is now the way to go -- I purchased the Xbox 360 the moment the the first Mocap became available.  It has worked fine.  Oh, yes.  I do have a new computer with Windows 7 Professional. 

Hurting in Florida

Hi rfacko,

It's possible that your system contains phantom device drivers.  Phantom device driver references are essentially drivers which are present on the system but are not displayed until the device is physically connected - the most common types are USB-based.

Phantom devices can cause all sorts of issues including display adapters not being recognized, usb devices failing to initialize, etc.  The most efficient way of cleaning phantom device drivers is to display hidden devices and uninstalling them.  Once the phantom devices are uninstalled, the system must be restarted.

Assuming your O/S is Windows 7, you must set the DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES system environment variable.  Once set, you can invoke the Device Manager and select the Show Hidden Devices from the View menu.  Use the Windows Logo + Pause/Break key combination to display the computer system information; from there, you can select Advanced System Settings and Device Manager.

Win2K/WinXP/WinV/Win7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Afterwards, look at this URL to identify and remove any Kinect related drivers:

http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001006002&id=493&lang=

Once the phantom device driver references are removed, ensure that you have uninstalled all OpenNI, PrimeSense, Microsoft Kinect packages via Programs And Features.  During this process, ensure that the Kinect device is not physically connected to your system.

Cheers,

REF Url's

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

http://faq.reallusion.com/?action=category&cat_id=011001006

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/iclone5/PRO/default.asp?page=08_Animation/Device_Mocap/Using_the_Device_Mocap_Panel.htm

By muratcizer - 7 Years Ago
thank you.My timeline is back Smile
sw00000p, did you update to 5.31 first before applying the patch in the ZIP file (which just replaces the two executables)?

That's what I did (I was still at 5.3) and both 32 and 64-bit iClone start up.

@swoooop

Make it real

!!! First analyse... and study !!!

Then ask @@@@

You are on the right path

LOOK for the CLEVER solution

PS: ...and now, the non-swooop style answer: this is NOT a patch. You must just overwrite the iClone.exe files in the program file / bin and bin64 directories with the ones inside the .zip. Cheers Hehe

By mark - 7 Years Ago
Can we just go ahead and overwrite the exe. files not having done the patches?

I'm at version 5.22.1820.0 at present.

Or do we need to install the patch first then do the overwrite?
Thanks!
mp
By colour - 7 Years Ago
.................And - Since I can't Edit my Post above..........

Considering that iClone is sold for the most part, to one-man-band Consumer Editors & is advertised in effect, easy to use, IMO, the hoops that Users have to go through just to get the very basics to function, is abysmably inept on Reallusion's part.

Not all Users have the technical knowledge such as Mark, sWooooooooooooooP, Animagic et al.

Many just give-up. I personally know of at least 6Ermm

I'm also at the point of giving-up. It just isn't worth the time-wasting hassle anymore.

"Every" time I Edit with iC5, I feel like throwing the Program out of the window. Followed by my PC & myself.

IMO, iC5 isn't "Fit For Purpose" & should be withdrewn from sale, to prevent other "innocents" from falling for the advertising hype.. 

I just copied and replacred the bin 32 and 64 files in my program files 86 Reallusion iClone 5 and it works fine
By mark - 7 Years Ago
Haven't installed yet... but I not sure I'm in the same category as you and swoooooooop...

Still I feel your pain Peter.w00t
I feel almost guilty, having so few problems myself...Ermm
By moviemaker100 - 7 Years Ago
I´m sorry, but if someone is not able to unzip a file and copy two folders to the right place - I only can feel sorry for him. Angry

I have already seen some guys, that were not able to do that after patching.
That was tough.
Fu***, iClone is a professional and complex animator - no simply game for everyone!
There is only one possibility to "animate" on a more simply way: And these are game engines like Unreal Tournament or Arma2. But if you want to get in there your own content: Good night! That is much more difficult!

Yes, iC has a lot of problems, at moment.
But yes, there is no alternative.
At moment.

Further nearly all works well in iC, NOW after x patches and fixes. Some softbody problems seem to be a problem just one time.

And a good hint to all, that have still problems like hell:
Make a new install and remain on version 5.1 or 5.23.
If you don´t need special hair and special cloth - all will be ok for you until RL has REALLY solved the serious intern programer problems.