OFFICIAL iClone 7.9, 7.91, 7.92 and 7.93 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
Edward (RL)
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
theschemer (3/30/2021)
I also noticed when I tried to rename the two Free files in explorer by adding "-old" to them, it just changed their names in IC7 with the the "-old" added. So I cut them out of that folder and saved them elsewhere hoping it would see they were missing and reinstall them but no dice. I did notice the file size seems small though for being a demo. One is 874kb and the other is 867kb.
TS

Hello, 

Sorry about this issue, after some hard tracking, it is coming more clear now. Pinch

We found our mechanism has a serious issue, if you clicking the new item in Content Manager, it will cause the Smart Gallery to misjudge the content was updated in some environment, but actually not.
And then the update notification will disappear in the Smart Gallery.
If you update the content by clicking the Update in the Smart Gallery will no problem.

We optimized our backend server that for who have this issue will see the Update notification again.
Please refresh to wait for the Update to show again in the Smart Gallery.
Remind you must update the content pack by the Smart Gallery.

If you cannot wait for the Update resume you can manually run the hotfix again, the Update should be resume immediately.

Edward
Edited
3 Years Ago by Edward (RL)
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Edward. That fixed the issue. I appreciate it. BigGrin
TS
smallWstudio
smallWstudio
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)New Member (64 reputation)

That seems to have fixed the issue Edward. I did not need to do the "Hot-Fix".
Thanks to all the RL team for tracking this little annoyance down!
mp
marymayadedipe
marymayadedipe
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)Junior Member (113 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Wow this fixed it. Thanks so much RL Team, you're amazing. 
Edited
3 Years Ago by marymayadedipe
BuckyBlaster
BuckyBlaster
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

I am unable to access the two new free character projects also.
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Hi there! I've noticed something with the new updates that I haven't found anyone else reporting here or in Feedback tracker: "restore" seems to have disappeared. I've had several crashes since the update (which I think is my poor sad laptop, not your software) and not once has either iClone or Character Creator come up with the "unsaved data found, do you wan to restore" box. 

That always worked so well, I'l admit I've gotten very lazy about constant saving, but it was always such a wonderful feature...I went looking for settings thinking maybe I needed to re-enable it somewhere, and don't know if it was removed on purpose or it if it's a bug. 

Should I open a ticket or was that something on purpose?

Thank you!
Nicole

animagic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Nicole, the feature has not been removed, so it should still work. I have also noticed on occasion that it didn't work, so I think it's good to report it.

One question: the temp files for restoration are by default stored on the C: drive. How much space do you have left on C:?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
3 Years Ago by animagic
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I agree with Nicole - I won't say it doesn't work at all, but it sure doesn't work MOST of the time anymore.

I'll go one step further -- the few times it HAS asked me if I want to restore it won't restore.  So there are definitely some bugs in what used to be a very robust feature (not that I don't save often nor have ever really needed restore -- about 90% of the time I chose not to restore because I always had versions I knew worked).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
3DChick
3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

@Animagic,
I have approx 100 gigs left out of 246 on C drive. Reallusion stuff is installed on D drive, which is proportionately much more at only approx 200 gigs free of a terabyte. I also clear my temp constantly, if the Windows command to do that affects the Reallusion temp file.

New computer is--theoretically--coming this month (if stupid bitcoin would settle down and oh, maybe the Suez wasn't blocked. Sigh), and it will have reasonable amount of space. 

Nicole

3DChick
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Lack of Restore Function: Feedback Tracker Issue #7778.

:-) 

3 Years Ago by nelm2010

Reading This Topic