Profile Picture

Export. Especially... Animation Export!

Posted By zilverspoon 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
zilverspoon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
So you got to iClone 5, and so far there is no export for geometry nor animation?
You have pretty cool tools for capturing and editing animation in iClone, I think an FBX animation exporter would be really useful. Personally, I wouldn't need that animation inside iClone, but I would be interested to use it as a mocap tool, as long as I can export the animation.

So pleeeeaaaase, stop thinking linearly and iClone-centric Hehe and realize that it's essential for people to be able to move content from one app to another! Maybe someone wants to capture movement with iClone, take that animation to Motion Builder for editing and then bring it back. Or maybe you have a problem and exporting and reimporting geometry in a very simple format like obj can get rid of your problem. Etc.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
sw00000p (10/22/2011)
Well, I never thought I'd see IC export anything, other than clips and drama scripts.... Then came 3dxchange 4..... Exporting animation would be real "Shocker", but you never know!

Also, just my opinion,...

* If You are ever allowed to export IC animation, and
* You have access to MotionBuilder!

Trust Me, just created the animation in MB.... It's much faster!

In time, RL will work out the kinks and iClone 5 will be "Jammin!"

sw00000pCool

just thought I'd quote you before you delete this
like all the other threads as I try to search the forum for answers now I HAVE 3dx4 (got it a few weeks ago).
Love it btw, it does support Carrara rigging and nonhuman avatars rigged in Carrara using the developer pack Maya fbx DO use iClone animation.
Nothing against MAX btw, just not in my budget.
Not sure why you were offended and took this action
thought of a personal message but would prefer this was out in the open so all parties concerned would know the reasons and make ammends.
And yes. to the original poster
I would love this feature too!
Might even buy the plugin and a kinect if it were possible.
Ipisoft is somewhat dearer and the other alternative for mocap btw.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
My 2 peneth worth ..

Right now Iclone is still a very closed program RL want props and motions just to be used in Iclone itself. I think this may be a error for RL in the long run. DAz has a much more open program and has a result has much much much more content to sell than RL does . This in turn reduces the price of content and attracts more sales. RL do not have has much content so prices are high. This may make content buyers look more at Daz content that can be easily brought into Iclone over RLs Iclone content which can not be good for RL.

Just my thoughts ....

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
zilverspoon
zilverspoon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)Senior Member (423 reputation)

yep, ipisoft is a cool mocap solution. just not realtime. which is why I was curious to see what iclone can do with a kinect. unfortunately, if there is no export... it wouldn't help me very much :]
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I thought iPisoft had an option that worked with Kinect?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

zilverspoon
zilverspoon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

animagic (10/22/2011)
I thought iPisoft had an option that worked with Kinect?

yes it does.
but as i said, it's not realtime. far from it. in fact, it's a very slow process. all the realtime kinect-based solutions (or any kind of cheap mocap solution for that matter) that i found are a mess, so i'm looking for something decent.

Reading This Topic