G5 Characters to 3dxchange?

Posted By Keith_MPS 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Keith_MPS
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
When I try to open one of the new G5 iavatar files in 3dxchange, it gets "import file error".

Is this the result of 3dxchange needing a new patch, or are the G5 characters specifically being blocked from exporting?

I want to remodel a G5 head and bring it back into iClone.

- Keith
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
gnasche (9/27/2011)
When I try to open one of the new G5 iavatar files in 3dxchange, it gets "import file error".

Is this the result of 3dxchange needing a new patch, or are the G5 characters specifically being blocked from exporting?

I want to remodel a G5 head and bring it back into iClone.

My guess is that 3DXChange 4 does a sanity check on avatars, looking for the correct number of vertices in head, upper, etc. Since G5 avatars have a different vertex count, they are going to fail the test.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks. Hopefully it's something like that which can be fixed in a 3dxchange patch. I think I'll add it to the issues thread or something, just so it will be noticed and passed on to the developers.

- Keith
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
gnasche (9/28/2011)
Thanks. Hopefully it's something like that which can be fixed in a 3dxchange patch. I think I'll add it to the issues thread or something, just so it will be noticed and passed on to the developers.

I believe I have heard Peter refer vaguely to the next 3DXChange. Undoubtedly the developers are going to want to add some new improvements to it; but there's no question that support for G5 will be there because the easy creation of new avatars is one of the cornerstones of Reallusion's great success.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards

Reading This Topic