Getting started with iCLone -

Posted By rampart 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rampart
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Just got started with iClone 4 exp, and got my iClone 5 claim check notice this morning.

I am not interested to become an artist or builder of stuff for iClone. My interest is to build animated video, with a lot of flexibility and some speed.

The G3 characters looks like the best way to go. I'm taken aback by the lack of available G3 characters for iClone, especially after reviewing the DAZ 3d site. Can DAZ characters be imported into iCLone?

Now don't take this wrong. I'm not knocking iClone. I'm just trying to get an understanding as I go with the program.

If I have missed something on G3 Characters I would sure like to know. THe occupation pack looks pretty good, but it only has a few G3 characters and the rest is G2. Yes, I realize G2 is fully clothed, but nothing can be changed on the character from what I've read.

Also, my impression... The G3 characters are much higher quality, and I would like to use the higher quality characters and content.

A hint to G3 character developers ---

One thing I have noticed, which doesn't appeal to me is the "breast thing". My viewers will be alot more interested in delivery of information, not a sexy cutie. Sexuality doesn't seem to be as big an item here as it is on DAZ site. However, I'm sure the "breast thing" obviously has it's value. LOL

In my situation, I'm looking to build video with photo quality animation. Photo quality characters, realistic, natural and don't promote sensuality is what I will be looking to purchase.

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
What you got against Breasts ...Some of us like the Breast thingy ....

Plus if used right it can add a bit more reality to female movement .. not used right it can be a lot of fun for females running away from killer robotsBigGrin

If you have the Daz FBX exporter and 3Dexchange you can get Daz characters into Iclone though only the Genesis characters seem to keep any morphs ... and so far no facial  animation make it into Iclone...

Also you will have to animate the character in Daz or animate by hand In Iclone as no Iclone motion files will work on the Daz character

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin

Edited
13 Years Ago by bluemidget666
rampart
rampart
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
LOL

I have absolutely nothing against breasts. The videos I'm building right now, just don't go with a genre of sexual creatures.

I'm looking for "C" cups and cover ups. LOL

So, I guess the DAZ stuff is pretty well out, for characters. I also think this posting is premature. I better spend more time learning the iClone with the content I purchased already.

Thanks for the response...

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Have a look at these iClone Content Developers Sites:

http://city.reallusion.com/store/BigbossTreasures

http://city.reallusion.com/store/FashionAlley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
13 Years Ago by colour
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
You can adjust the proportions of your character. I've used that to turn a woman into a girl. Dark clothing helps as well. Colour already pointed you to MarketPlace, where many kinds of characters are available.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic