Profile Picture

Can iClone 4-5 do this?

Posted By kathytarochione 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kathytarochione
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I was sent this video and I love it. I'm not sure if I can do it with iClone 4-5. I'm new to iClone, so I sure would appreciate some help. It would be so awesome if I could. Here's the video I'm referring to.

http://youtu.be/nGeKSiCQkPwTongue

Thanks.

LifeStory Designer
PICTURE A MOMENT PRODUCTIONS
www.pictureamoment.com
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I suppose with enough time and effort, a 3D compositing application and motion tracking you might be able to come up with something using IC as part of the overall pipeline, but truth be told, it is unlikely.
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi kathy. Welcome to the Forum.  Great video I agree. I think it could be done in iC4-5 . . . . after a LOT of work and depending just how you would want to approach such a project . . . but I have to ask why would you want to use iClone for a similar video anyway? The clip works because it uses a real dog together with a good script. So why not just use a video editor? I cannot honestly see anything being gained by using iClone in this instance.

Cool gizmo
kathytarochione
kathytarochione
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)Senior Member (492 reputation)

Thanks Gizmo, don't you think he animated the dog's mouth? I thought he did. Looks like it. Maybe that's how the dog acts. If that's the case, then you're right. I was looking to use the facial animation of Crazy Talk 6 Pro on a video of an animal. Don't know if it can be done with video, only a picture. Thought maybe iClone would be the ticket.

I'm a LifeStory Designer and starting to develop life stories of pets from the pet's perspective. That's why I'm looking to do it. Thought it would be interesting to have my dog Mandie answer me when I'm talking to her. Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

LifeStory Designer
www.pictureamoment.com
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
It looks to me as though he just dubbed a clever sound track to the dogs natural mouth movements and its not something Iclone is cut out to do ....

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
gizmo
gizmo
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm not at all convinced the dogs mouth is animated, although you have put a little doubt into my mind now. I would have thought that if the maker of the video had done so, he would also take the trouble to take out the poor background too. However, I really like the concept of what you are trying to achieve and Mandie talking to you. I also think that perhaps CrazyTalk is your best option. My mind set is: if you want to do it, experiment and innovate, there's always a way. (Backup on the the CT Forum). Cheers.

Cool gizmo
Edited
13 Years Ago by gizmo
kathytarochione
kathytarochione
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for your help.

LifeStory Designer
www.pictureamoment.com

Reading This Topic