Mocap Device Information and Purchasing

Posted By ethorson1 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ethorson1
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)Veteran Member (744 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Will we be able to use DA points to buy the Mocap Device?

Any tutorials or sneak peaks available for us yet?

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
You can buy a suitable mocap device such as Kinect from most gaming stores and online retailers like Amazon. At the present time I know of no plans to sell the device directly through Reallusion, but if this was done, DA points would not be able to be used for the purchase. DA points are for making purchases from the City Marketplace only.

Note: You do not need an XBox 360 to use Kinect with iClone5. You will require the iClone5 Kinect plugin which will be available from Reallusion for around $99.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

aussienat2000
aussienat2000
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)Veteran Member (679 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I have purchased a pre owned kinect unit with the power adaptor and usb cord here in australia have got it working on my I5 windows 7 pc with software available from Microsoft.

cannot wait for Iclone5 to arrive

Paul
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I'm not sure if this is correct, but looking at the current standalone Kinect offering at Amazon and elsewhere, it seems to come with what is called a power supply cable, but not a separate power supply.

So would one have to buy a power supply in addition? Thanks!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

gizmo
gizmo
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hi animagic. I'm not sure where your living but for UK based wanabee purchasers, I asked the question on Amazon reviews UK:

'Can anyone let me know if this set comes with its own power supply as I do not own or need an Xbox. Thanks'.

I recieved the following two replies:

1). Yes, it comes with a UK mains power supply.

2). Yes it comes with a power surply. Depending on what xbox you, you may or may not need to use the surplied psu. If you have the old xbox, you use the psu in the kinnect box. If you have the slim, you dont need the psu, the slim xbox can power the kinnect on its own without the psu. Hope that helps.

Just for the hell of it I also asked the same question to Amazon directly. I have to wait a few days as they did not know for sure, and are to scoot down to a warehouse and check it out, and then get back to me. I'll post their answer.

Edit: (Just viewed your profile and guess UK base is no good to you. Anyways, the information may help others).

Cool gizmo

Edited
13 Years Ago by gizmo
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Thanks, gizmo! Yeah I am the US.

Anyway, I went to Microsoft's own page and if you look at "what's in the box", you get this list:

• Kinect sensor for Xbox 360
  • Power supply cable
  • User's manual
  • Wi-Fi extension cable
  • Kinect adventures game
  •  
    So no power supply, apparently.

Peter (RL)
    Peter (RL)
    Posted 13 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

The Kinect Sensor should come with a power adapter in the US. You can see it from the image below. It should be included in all standalone boxes but not when bundled with a new XBox 360.

Can also be seen in this US unboxing video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39XiJQ9Cyk

Peter
    Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
    animagic
    Posted 13 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

Thanks, Peter! That looks alright, then.

gizmo
    gizmo
    Posted 13 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
    Update: Amazon have asked for an extra day or two to answer my original question to them, but they are now also considering/investigating the marketing of Kinect as a stand-a-lone (with power plug).

Cool gizmo
    Peter (RL)
    Peter (RL)
    Posted 13 Years Ago
    View Quick Profile
    Distinguished Member

gizmo (9/7/2011)
    Update: Amazon have asked for an extra day or two to answer my original question to them, but they are now also considering/investigating the marketing of Kinect as a stand-a-lone (with power plug).

What do they need to investigate? All current standalone Kinect Sensors in the US and UK come with a power adapter in the box. I can't comment on other countries though but I imagine it is the same. I'm really not understanding all this confusion. Ermm

Peter
    Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic