Profile Picture

Official Harb40 Passion Competition Theme, Rules and Guidelines.

Posted By Harb40 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Official Harb40 Passion Competition Theme, Rules and Guidelines.

Author
ExclamationMark
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, machinimators of all ages, once again it is time for us to embark on the journey through people's minds and creativity and see what their ideas of passion are. So, without further ado, I give you the:

2011 Harb40 Passion Competition.

2011 Passion Competition Rules and Guidelines

Ethics also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality -- that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice, etc.

Good versus evil contradiction is the eternal story of mankind. The universe is made of oppositions, contrasts, conflicts and dilemma. The stories of God and Satan highlight this. There are also examples such as police forces versus criminals, arguments between husbands and wives (the wife is always right, right?) and even land owners versus city expansion (eminent [imminent] domain).

The task at hand will be to make a film showcasing the struggle between GOOD and EVIL, RIGHT and WRONG.

Rules and Guidelines

Dates: September 4, 2011 to November 12, 2011 (12 midnight EST)

Film Length: The film can be any length.

Film Age: This can be a new film or one you have made previously.

Engine: This film can be made using any program you desire (iClone, Moviestorm, The Movies, Poser, Daz, The Sims, game engines such as Halo, GTA, COD, WOW and more) or live action. Any form you desire.

Required Theme Element: Must show the struggle between Good and Evil, Right and Wrong. Any films not done in English should have English subtitles so the judging panel can fully understand the dialog.

Where to upload: Can be uploaded to any site (YouTube, Vimeo, Veoh, TMU, etc.) but a link must be given in the submission form. (example below)

Warnings: If any strong language or nudity is used, a disclaimer must be presented either at the start of the film or on the film page.

Credits: Any use of voice actors, music not supplied with the program of choice or composed by yourself, any mods not made by yourself or an official add-on is recommended to be credited either in the film or on the film page but is not required.

Persons not eligible: Due to the nature of the prizes, the 2010 1st place winner, Ben Tuttle, will not be eligible for the 2011 competition. His eligibility will resume in 2012. The 3 top finishers in the 2011 competition will not be eligible for the 2012 competition. Basically, anyone who is awarded prizes for finishing in the top 3 will not be eligible for the next year’s competition. This will be a permanent rule.

Prizes:

1St Place --
iClone Pro 5
Crazy Talk Animator
Sony Vegas Pro 10
Sound Forge Pro 10
Acid Pro 7
Moviestorm: Lifetime to a Themed Bundle or 1 year to MS Complete or 10,000 MS points

2nd Place --
iClone Pro 5
Crazy Talk Pro 6
Sony Vegas Pro 10
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
Acid Pro 7
Moviestorm: 1 year Themed Bundle or 3 months MS Complete or 10,000 MS points

3rd Place--
iClone Pro 5
Vegas movie Studio HD Platinum
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
Acid Music Studio 7
Moviestorm: 3 months Themed Bundle or 1 month MS Complete or 2500 MS points.

* All software is downloadable. Sony will let you opt for either download or hard product in the box.

Judges:

Chantal Harvey
Killian Wolfsinger
Sherwin Liu
Craig Harbison (Harb40)

Sample Submission Form:

Copy and paste the following and edit to fit your entry:

TMU Name: (the name you use on TMU --Required)
Studio Name: (if different than your user name - not required)
Film Title: (The name of your film -- Required)
Film Length: (Minutes and seconds in length -- Required)
Genre: (comedy, drama, horror, etc. - not required)
Film Location: (a direct link to your film -- Required)
Film Description: (a brief idea of what your film is about -- Required)
Additional Info: (Cast, credits, posters, etc. if you desire)

Using this format will make it easier on the judges to find and keep track of your film. All entries must be made through on the TMOA Radio forums thread (link).

All entries must be submitted through
this thread. If you have any problems, please contact me and I will help you.

So, start filming, enter and Good Luck.

(Any questions should be directed to me in the form of a PM, not in this thread)

Passion is my business.
Edited
13 Years Ago by Harb40
Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Fantastic prizes, as always. If I can think of an intriguing story to enter I might stop my current production to work on it.

- Keith
Edited
13 Years Ago by gnasche
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

1 week into the submission period and things are starting to heat up.  Submissions are being made.  Just remember, the deadline for submissions is November 12th.  I am hoping to see many, mnay good films submitted.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

*****ATTENTION*****

Thanks to an anonymous donation, we now have some hardware to give away. It has been decided to hold a contest within the conpetition to determine who gets the 'special' prize.

The prize: An Intel i7-2600k processor chip with motherboard.

Intel’s newest processor chip:
I7-2600k processor
3.40 Ghz, 8MB cache, LGA1155, 95W

The board:
Intel DH67GD Media Series
LGA1155 processor support
Dual Channel DDR3 1333 (32GB max)
DVI-1, HDMI & Displayport
USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0 Gb/s

The task: For everyone who submit’s a film (and the current judges), email me using 100 words or less on why you should be the one selected to receive this special prize. Are you looking to upgrade your current computer? Looking to design the next great gaming system? Trying to show George Lucas that you are better than him? Let me know. How creative and passionate can you get in your story?

Email me at: Harb40@gmail.com.

So, when you submit to the official thread, also email me before the deadline. Just like the software prizes, it is up to you to decide what to do with this prize. Keep it for yourself or give it to someone else. It is your choice.

(This prize will be delivered by me [USPS, UPS, FEDEX, Etc.] so the winner will have to give me an address to send it to).

Passion is my business.

Reading This Topic