how to import textures into 3dxchange?

Posted By tyler zambori 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tyler zambori
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
hi,

For example, I found these textures from the myclone site:

http://myclone.wordpress.com/free-ryzom/

and I'm wondering how I use these in iclone or in
3dxchange?

I looked everywhere - the manual, the tutorials, youtube,
this forum, and etc.

Do I have to just apply textures before importing objects?
Can't I import and save the textures themselves?

Thanks!

Tyler
namunger
namunger
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Tyler! Textures can only be saved in IC attached to a prop (or avatar). The easiest way to do it is to add a prop (a ball seems to be the standard practice), then apply the textures to it, and then "save material" to add it to your material library. You can then "load material" whenever you want to apply it.

Alternately, you can just save the image files to a directory on your HD and apply them as needed from there. I usually use the "material" method when it has multiple channels together (diffuse, bump, specular, etc.), and just keep them as image files when it is just one channel (like a generic bump map that fits any fabric).

Hope that helps!

----

tyler zambori
tyler zambori
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)Veteran Member (531 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks namunger, I'll try that Smile.
nikrogerss
nikrogerss
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Are we talking about the same thing .Im trying to get a map on to a daz figure assuming thats possible .None of the import channels are available greyed out in iclone and 3dx so all the info Ive seen is nowhere . Am I missing something , previously Ive got em in on the model , but it has to be obj not fbx from z brush. I read theres no template for z brush does that mean no way.I want to texture a daz figure, preferably when its rigged, in 3dx .Dont seem possible if it is any info would be very welcome . thanx nick

Reading This Topic