Profile Picture

iClone5 - Have Adjustment Options (for Body Proportions, Especially Upper and Lower Torso) Been...

Posted By hutchartwork 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone5 - Have Adjustment Options (for Body Proportions, Especially...

Author
hutchartwork
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Forgot to mention this earlier (and hope it's not too late to point this out): A source of constant frustration with iClone4 are the problems I've been encountering when trying to shape the lower and upper torso of a G3 character into that of a stocky, 60ish male character. Not everyone wants youthful 20-some characters with Nautilus-toned bodies. PLEASE don't forget us older folks!!! :/
For example, it is impossible to make a big round potbelly (from the area IMMEDIATELY beneath the chest all the way down to belt height) without it looking oddly S-shaped (unnaturally "caved in" beneath the chest, then protruding unnaturally egg-shaped --as if the figure were about to give birth to an Alien-- further down). Wink Also, it is impossible to increase the size of the lower torso WITHOUT involuntarily increasing the size of the butt as well, which ends up looking oddly misshapen ----and just plain awful.
I do hope these annoying shortcomings will have become a thing of the past with the G5 characters in iClone5. Do let us know whether or not, aside from the face meshes, the body meshes and adjustments have been improved as well. :/ Here's hoping for the best!

--------------------------------
From W.H. Auden's (1907-1973) 1942 poem "Canzone":

When shall we learn, what should be clear as day,
We cannot choose what we are free to love?
August Graf von Platen-Hallermünde (1796-1835),
Auszug aus einem "An Justus Liebig" gerichteten Gedicht von 1828:

Soll bergen ich mein innerstes Vermögen,
Was ich empfinde zu bekennen schwanken?
Ich schämte mich der eigenen Gedanken,
Wenn sie, wie Schwalben, an der Erde flögen.
Hienieden lohnt's der Mühe nicht, zu zagen,
Und wahr und frei zu sprechen kleidet Jeden,
Da bald wir Alle ruhn in Sarkophagen.
hutchartwork
hutchartwork
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

It would be nice if one of the moderators would take the time to respond to the above question. Need I refer to the Fat Acceptance Movement? Smile Thanks in advance.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Adjusting avatar proportions has been greatly improved in iClone5. The sliders are now more precise allowing greater control over resizing individual body areas. You will certainly find it much easier to get certain body shapes in iClone5 than you currently can in iClone4.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

hutchartwork
hutchartwork
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

EXCELLENT! Thanks, Peter, for the quick reply to my little reminder. Smile The additional options look promising, indeed! This is bound to come as a verrrrry welcome surprise to many iClone fans! Keep up the great work! Most of us are waiting (like kids for Christmas) with bated breath for September 15th to come around. w00t

hutchartwork
hutchartwork
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, you might want to repost the above text and illustration in the "iClone5 Preview & Discussion" section, so others don't miss out on the good news. Hehe

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
One thing I noticed over the weekend, was that non of the entry fields in iClone allow the use of TAB.  I was adjusting body proportions, and entered a value and wanted to move to the next tab, but I had to click in the actual field with my mouse.  So has TAB been allowed in all the UI entry fields?  Because using TAB to navigate is far more efficient than clicking in the actual fields.
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 39 minutes ago
That would indeed by VERY useful!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
wizaerd (8/15/2011)
One thing I noticed over the weekend, was that non of the entry fields in iClone allow the use of TAB.  I was adjusting body proportions, and entered a value and wanted to move to the next tab, but I had to click in the actual field with my mouse.  So has TAB been allowed in all the UI entry fields?  Because using TAB to navigate is far more efficient than clicking in the actual fields.

Not good news I'm afraid. iClone5 does not allow tabbing from field to field. I will put your suggestion forward for possible inclusion in future upgrades though. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic