Profile Picture

Musical Instruments

Posted By Digihound 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Digihound
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hope this is the right place to post this - I can't see anywhere else.

I need the capability to create my own virtual band using CTA.

Electric guitar, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, double bass, drum kit, HARMONICA (important for what I'm planning), saxophone, mandolin, ukelele etc etc. What a good content pack that would be that could be played by characters.

Do keep me in touch if anything comes available.
TrezSoft
TrezSoft
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
What style cartoon or real ?
Digihound
Digihound
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)Junior Member (205 reputation)

Cartoon style is what I'm really looking for. I have a number of Trezsoft components (Disco Club, Apartment Buildings), so a set of instruments in a similar style (or another style in the Marketplace in case others are also responding) would be fine.

Here's a list in order of preference (I need the harmonica for a current project which is why it's so high):

Harmonica
Acoustic Guitar (6 and 12 string)
Electric Guitar
Bass Guitar (4 string)
Keyboards
Drum kit
Fiddle
Upright Bass
Ukelele
Mandolin
Banjo
Washboard
Saxophone
Bongos
Accordion
Flute
Trumpet
Trombone

Different colour variations (black, brown and brighter colours) would be an added feature for guitars, especially electric. Different shapes (classic, V etc) would also be an advantage for the electric. But I don't want to complicate matters too much - you know the kind of thing that would sell.

There is a cartoon microphone available in the marketplace, but a set of different types - stick, square, vintage etc to match the instruments set would also be useful.

Hope that helps.

TrezSoft
TrezSoft
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)Senior Member (369 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Harmonica is here: http://city.reallusion.com/ContentPreview.aspx?i=JCT568b18055a4b51947&g=

let me know if its not what you are after.

Should have most of the other instruments in the next week or so.

Stuart

Digihound
Digihound
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hey thanks!
Wow! What swift service! And a nice job. Will there be a pack price for all the items? If so I can hang on for a week or so before purchasing ...
Thanks again
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
You do realize you can search on the web and find thousands and thousands of images available of musical instruments to pick from. With some quick masking, boom musical instruments in your CTA scene. Pick from realistic, cartoon, 3d rendered, hand drawn, etc...

Here's a search simply for "electric guitar cartoon": http://www.google.com/search?q=electric+guitar+cartoon&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=855

Here's the results without cartoon in the search phrase: http://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us%3AIE-Address&biw=1280&bih=855&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=electric+guitar&oq=electric+guitar&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=204791l204791l0l205054l1l1l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
wizaerd (8/10/2011)
You do realize you can search on the web and find thousands and thousands of images available of musical instruments to pick from.

And then feel free to use these for personal screenings among your friends.

However, if you post the video to a public place such as Youtube, you should either contact the copyright owner of the original image for permission, or you should use your art program to make a new image, inspired by the copyrighted picture. The more effort and style you bring to your new image, the more it rightfully belongs to you.

Reallusion can sell you a great art program that works very well with CrazyTalk Animator: DrawPlus!

Remember, you have the right to profit from your work as an artist. And so does every other artist!

EDIT: Let me broaden that... Remember, you have the right to control how your work is used, as an artist. And so does every other artist!

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Edited
13 Years Ago by Paumanok West
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Paumanok West (8/10/2011)
wizaerd (8/10/2011)
You do realize you can search on the web and find thousands and thousands of images available of musical instruments to pick from.

And then feel free to use these for personal screenings among your friends.

However, if you post the video to a public place such as Youtube, you should either contact the copyright owner of the original image for permission, or you should use your art program to make a new image, inspired by the copyrighted picture. The more effort and style you bring to your new image, the more it rightfully belongs to you.

Reallusion can sell you a great art program that works very well with CrazyTalk Animator: DrawPlus!

Remember, you have the right to profit from your work as an artist. And so does every other artist!

EDIT: Let me broaden that... Remember, you have the right to control how your work is used, as an artist. And so does every other artist!

if it is someone's artistic endeavour, and they've posted it to the net without a watermark, it's usually an open copyright.  If it's not copyrighted at all it is in the public domain.  Or you could always use images from catalogs.

The same could be said of taking an image of a person, using CTA's photo fitting and makking a puppet out of it. 

Either way, there is a whole world wide web full of images to use, which is one of the selling points of CTA to begin with, as denoted in their very own promo videos, showing taking items (pictures) from catalogs, from the web to custom build a set.

There's also a crapload of royalty free clip art libraries and stock photos for this very reason as well.

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
wizaerd (8/10/2011)if it is someone's artistic endeavour, and they've posted it to the net without a watermark, it's usually an open copyright.

Oh, my good friend, no, no, no, no. Crying

The copyright is created the instant the work is created. In simple terms, everything an artist creates is copyrighted until the artist herself relinquishes the right. Smile

Unless the artist herself infringed upon someone's else's right to control how their own art is used, of course. Pinch

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
Digihound
Digihound
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

... all that discussion from my request for a few musical instruments!

Yes, I quite understand the capabilities of using graphics within CTA. I don't need to look on the web - as a former web-designer I have licences for thousands of royalty-free graphics that I'm entitled to use in both private and commercial productions.

But as a starter with CTA I just want to be able to concentrate on using the software first, and working on animation. Once I know how to handle the program I can begin inputting my own originality.

Thanks for all the pointers and for everyone's contributions.

Reading This Topic