Auto Save

Posted By Askjerry 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Askjerry
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I was working on an animation... following the tutorial DVD... I'm into the project about an hour or so... I click on EXPORT... and...

We're Sorry... the application had to close unexpectedly...

All gone... nothing saved... reopen the software and you have a blank screen... the last hour or two... gone... nothing to show for it.

Can you put in an option to AUTOSAVE a backup file every 5 minutes or so? Or make it selectable as to the length of time we allow to pass before a save? That way... I could reopen the file and redo the last 5 minutes... instead of starting over completely.

Thanks,
Jerry

Askjerry... everyone else does.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
Thanks for the feedback. I will pass your suggestion on to the CTA development team.

As with all software it is always advised to do a manual save at regular intervals so you can always drop back to the last save if a crash occurs. While obviously too late to help you now it is a good practice to get into with all programs you use. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic