Profile Picture

Reposition Actor on Screen without animation?

Posted By greg_m 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
greg_m
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Ok, this is a bit of a "RTFM" question here.

But how can I move an Actor on the scene without it animating, in other words just change the actors start position.

I put a actor on the screen but he was is in the middle and I wanted him to be in the bottom left hand corner. I selected him, moved him to the corner, but now he is slowly moving back to the middle!

Thanks.

Greg

gregory.houston
gregory.houston
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
You need to set the characters original position while the first keyframe is selected.
justin.s.leary
justin.s.leary
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm sorry to reopen an old topic, but I don't get it. I'm at the start of the animation, and I want to reposition my character's start position or overall position, and I try and do that, but nothing happens. The character DOESN'T reposition. I can't move the character, I can't resize the character. Nothing.

I'd appreciate some help with this. I have asked questions on these forums before and never once gotten a single reply.

I'm using CTA version 2. Any help would be great, or what would be better is if Reallusion would make some help files that are of use, so that users don't have to rely on the forums to figure out the most basic of how-to's with CTA.

Thanks.
qvsrman
qvsrman
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
You need to make sure your character is selected (arrow on menu bar) first, it will have a red outline box around it then you can move it resize ect.

Regards
Chris.
justin.s.leary
justin.s.leary
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)Senior Member (421 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks for the help Chris.

That isn't the issue, I was selecting the character and the red box was appearing.

As it turns out, for whatever reason, CTA2 was adding a keyframe whenever I added a new character. It seems to add a keyframe every time, no matter what character I was adding. What I found was that the presence of this keyframe (I think it shows when I select transform / flip) for a given character is the transform / rotate etc actions for the character at the start frame don't work. I found that by deleting the keyframe, then I was able to transform the character at the start.

Anyway, hopefully someone can verify this or clarify. Anyway, I delete the keyframe every time I create a character and then all is well and I can reposition the character.

I think I gave up on CTA1 because I couldn't figure this out Smile

Justin.

Reading This Topic