blacksmith3d use in iclone

Posted By Mina&Lilly 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mina&Lilly
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I'm working with iclone avatars Gabrielle and PR Male. I wish to use Blacksmith3d to clone brush a new face onto these models. i also want to use the same software to morph the legs and shoulders of the female model.
Everything points to this working. Both would be imported/exported into 3DXchange as obj. Anyone attempt this or see any problems i should be concerned with? I am hoping they will be no issues when i return to the avatars to ICLONE-CRAZYTALK scripts...motions. GRATEFUL IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP THAT IS GIVEN
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I've done this in Argile, but Blacksmith should work the same.

What you need to use in 3DXChange is Export Mesh and Replace Mesh. For example, to change the head, select Face in the tree on the left, which will export the head as an object file you can then sculpt.

There are a couple of things to watch out for.  First, make sure the number of polygons (triangles actually) stays the same, otherwise Replace Mesh will fail. Also, be careful that you don't change the areas where the body parts touch. For example, when sculpting a head you want to leave the neck alone.

Another thing I found is that it is hard to impossible to sculpt double meshes like CloneCloth.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Mina&Lilly
Mina&Lilly
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thank you very much for your help... Too be clear motions and facial animation should remain viable?   i'M NOT TRYING TO DO EXTREME morphs-i just want the women to look like they could run from the monster with strong legs and they don't have inhumanly broad shoulders LOL

THANK YOU FOR TIME

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Yes, if you use Replace Mesh and then reimport the avatar into iClone, the existing functionality remains. I've found that even a little bit of sculpting will give your avatar more "character"...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic