Profile Picture

iFace Modeling

Posted By jlassiter 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jlassiter
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Does anyone know how to make an iFace model from scratch without the use of the the head morph functionality. If anyone has a tutorial on this, I think it would be very useful.

Thanks,
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
jlassiter (6/27/2011)
Does anyone know how to make an iFace model from scratch without the use of the the head morph functionality. If anyone has a tutorial on this, I think it would be very useful.

Thanks,

You can morph the face extensively using ZBrush, Sculptris, or some other sculpting program, using the OBJ file provided to iClone Developers. See the Developers White Paper on this subject at the Reallusion website. As Wolf originally showed when he sculpted a wolf's head from the G4 human head, the model tolerates a great deal of distortion.

If you're asking whether you can build a G4 from scratch in a 3D program starting from a primitive, the answer is: well, maybe, if you have the 3D mojo of Veeke, BigBoss, Vit3D, or Apparition. (Forgive me if you are a 3D God and I have forgotten to pay you homage.)

Otherwise, forget about it. The face needs bones for animation. The best 3D head in the world, without iClone bones in it, will be just plain dead.

(By the way, John Lassiter, the whole industry is laughing at you for your "Cars 2" bomb. Some think with Pixar making car bombs, you're becoming a terrorist organization.) SmileBigGrinTongue

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Paumanok West (6/27/2011)
(By the way, John Lassiter, the whole industry is laughing at you for your "Cars 2" bomb. Some think with Pixar making car bombs, you're becoming a terrorist organization.) SmileBigGrinTongue

Looks like John Lassiter is laughing all the way to the bank...Cool

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

animagic (6/27/2011)
Paumanok West (6/27/2011)

Looks like John Lassiter is laughing all the way to the bank...Cool

Touche--you are right. Wink

Still, it must be galling to turn out a movie so despised by the critics. It got less than 40% favorable reviews at RottenTomatoes, and the zingers directed at it by the press are deadly. Do you think that enough profit really takes that sting away? Pinch

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I agree and I'm sure Pixar expected better reviews. It's funny, Cars never appealed to me, although I have seen and enjoyed most other Pixar movies.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

jlassiter
jlassiter
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)Junior Member (217 reputation)

Touche - LOL all joking aside though. Thank you guys. I just wondered if I could do this without the whole morphing thing but it appears that they are determined to force you that way. UGHHHH!
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (6/28/2011)
I agree and I'm sure Pixar expected better reviews. It's funny, Cars never appealed to me, although I have seen and enjoyed most other Pixar movies.

Well, I shied away from Cars 1 also--I thought it would be too redneck. But when I caught it on BluRay, it was surprisingly good, all the way down to its humane messages about checking ego, friendship, and community. And certainly a very beautifully rendered world. All in all, it was quite a good film and I can heartily recommend it.

That's the nasty thing about Cars 2. I haven't seen it, but by all accounts, it plays to the redneck crowd more than I feared Cars 1 would.

rgathje
rgathje
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
  I hear the movie focuses on Mater more than Mcqueen which is probably where the redneck comes in. The redneck and the spy doesn't appeal to me either.
namunger
namunger
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
C'mon, we rednecks aren't so bad, once you get used to us!

----

jlassiter
jlassiter
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Here is the issue. I have made a face in iclone and it actually looks like a lower grade version of exactly what I want. I have exported the face to an Obj. What I want to do now is upgrade the the poly count. Nothing heavy just to up around 20k. and rather than use the aliased normal map. I can repaint the face in zbrush making it a higher quality. I may attach the hat in zbrush and make it part of the head. My issue is that according to everything I read to put the head back in iclone I must take what I have done and bring it all the way down to div 1. That takes away alot of the quality of what I did. If I can overcome those issues then I feel like my character can be special. let me know your thoughts. Wink

Reading This Topic