Posted By gregory.houston 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Add Adobe Illustrator Character Designing Workflow to Whitepaper

Author
gregory.houston
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Please consider adding an Adobe Illustrator Character Designing Workflow to your Whitepaper.

My first attempt at exporting swf files from Adobe Illustrator CS4 and then importing them into CTA had very poor results. I think I was able to get only 2 of my sprites to import correctly.

ISSUES:

1. Gradients work when exported form Illustrator into swf files, as well as shapes that have opacity set to screen or multiply, but what does not export properly is a shape that has both a gradient and has opacity set to screen or multiply. This is unfortunate because this is a great way to add shadows and highlights.

Note that for issues 2 & 3 below, the sprite looks correct in the swf file, but then has issues once imported into CTA.

2. Shape in sprite does not appear. This is almost always the case if there is only one shape in the sprite. Sometimes adding another shape hidden behind the actual shape will fix this but not always. Adding a border to the shape will generally get it to display, but borders have their own issues. See next issue.

3. Artifacts show up instead of the element. I discovered that these artifacts are created by missing borders. If you expand the borders (turning them into shapes), the artifacts dissappear, but the shape may not be visible. You may actually have to add a border to the shape that use to be a border in order for it to display. See the issue just before this one. Lol.

OTHER CONCERNS:

Should my Illustrator document be set to a certain size?

Should I be making my characters a certain number of points or centimeters in size in Illustrator?

gregory.houston
gregory.houston
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
See this topic.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks Gregory. I have passed your request to the CTA development team.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic