Mapping a 2D jpg to 3D?

Posted By rayj00 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rayj00
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago

It's been awhile since I played with iClone. I have version 3.
I remember taking one of the actors and mapping a 2d picture of a human face
to the actor. Is that still available in version 4? If so, has this feature/capability been
enhanced in anyway?

The bigger question is after I have done a mapping, can the results be exported to other
3D formats? Reason being a friend of mine has this 3D printer from Makerbot. He recently printed a 3D head of Steven Colbert. He believe the source model was created with a 3D scanner. I'm thinking iClone has the capability using a 2D jpg or png file.

The result model would have to be converted to .stl format.

Thanks,

Ray
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
rayj00 (6/15/2011)
mapping a 2d picture of a human face
to the actor. Is that still available in version 4? If so, has this feature/capability been
enhanced in anyway?

...can the results be exported... [for 3d printing]?

It's my impression that the face mapping feature has not significantly changed between v 3 and 4.

Avatar export to OBJ format is available using Reallusion's 3DXChange. Somebody on the forum will recall the name of the open-source/freeware 3D program that can convert among many 3D formats. But if you are willing to blow a chunk of change, ZBrush will explicitly export to STL for 3D printing.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards

Reading This Topic