Sculpt and create normal map tools for characters and props

Posted By victormorujo 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Sculpt and create normal map tools for characters and props

Author
victormorujo
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I know it means almost to add two new programs to iClone, but actually you can find free sculpting ones, like sculptris, so I think it will not be difficult to make, and users that are into customizing characters, like me, will gain a lot of that time spent exporting, importing, and all that stuff with parallel applications.

Also, the possibly of create a normal map of every prop and character parts seems easy, many cheap software does that.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hm, as you said, there are lots of software to do this.

So I don't konw if RL should focus on this... HOWEVER I do agree that I don't like bouncing around softwrae a lot. I really think they should take 3DXchange and combined it with iClone Pro... after all, I'd be feeling pretty PRO if I could import stuff right to iCLone without having to get 3DX... then 3DX PRO to do something I should be doing in iCLone PRO... just sayin'.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
The problem with adding features outside of iClone's core is that you give even more opportunities for people to complain (or bitch and moan) about... I'd rather they concentrate on improving the animation tools and other core functions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Fair enough. All I said was direct object import, but even without, 3DX works just fine so I'm not gonna complain.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

Reading This Topic