A question about skin texturing with G3 new look avatar

Posted By Cellygon 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Cellygon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I load up G3 new look avatar and tried to add tatoo on the right arm only on my character (that's based off G3 new look clonecloth). But the tatoo seems to appears on both arms in iclone. This doesn't happen with G3 standard base character. On G3 standard casual base avatar when i add tatoo to one arm only, it stays on that arm only. but doesn't appear to work the same with with G3 new look characters... What's the deal?

----------------------------------------------------------
My latest release for CC

For all my other iClone contents, click here.

Alley
Alley
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
You are not crazyw00t, I noticed the same thing.  And you are correct that this was not the case in the default G3 characters or the G3 Clone Cloth, Volume 1.

Alley

Cellygon
Cellygon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

thaks but can this be done directly with iclone or 3dxchange? i don't have 3d max and my trial with 3dmax is over...

My latest release for CC

Cellygon
Cellygon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

thanks, i'll try with blender.

My latest release for CC

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
That seems to be a severe limitation of the "new look". I don't have tatoos myself, but from what I've seen they are usually not symmetrical. Hopefully, RL can fix this!

Cypher Wolf, were you able to find a workaround?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic