IC 5 system requirements?

Posted By mr_vidius 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mr_vidius
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
hopefully, the new version of iclone. can be used on XP. i currently have windows XP as an operating system on the very computer i keep my wonderful prize, called iclone on. i have iclone 3 pro, and iclone 4 pro on it and everything is operating at almost perfection. i do understand, that someday, i will have to under go the horror of getting a newer unit and going to windows 7. or even 8 (coming soon). and having to spend thousands on programs that don't work for poop. and dumping my older ones that do... yes, a fact of life.. hopefully, i'll be able to enjoy iclone 5 with my current unit... i love iclone! i find it the affordible way to keep me from losing my mind. glad it was created.. glad for all the content too. thanks.

vidius

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Well I don't know about all the features, but from what I've seen and know about DirectX and things, you should still be fine in XP aside from maybe Kinnect... don't know if it works on XP... And yes the Windows 8 beta is being released this fall.

I'd say you'll probably have to upgrade a little while after Windows 8 is fully released as then you'll be two OS's behind...

However, if you don't NEED anything on the newer ones, don't upgrade. As they say,if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
mr_vidius (6/13/2011)
hopefully, the new version of iclone. can be used on XP. i currently have windows XP as an operating system on the very computer i keep my wonderful prize, called iclone on. i have iclone 3 pro, and iclone 4 pro on it and everything is operating at almost perfection. i do understand, that someday, i will have to under go the horror of getting a newer unit and going to windows 7. or even 8 (coming soon). and having to spend thousands on programs that don't work for poop. and dumping my older ones that do... yes, a fact of life.. hopefully, i'll be able to enjoy iclone 5 with my current unit... i love iclone! i find it the affordible way to keep me from losing my mind. glad it was created.. glad for all the content too. thanks.

vidius

FWIW -XP is limited to 4Gb Ram. W7 64 bit isn't. iC5 will be 64 Bit.

There's only one of my Programs; PSE4 that needed to be Upgraded to PSE9 from XP compatability to W7 compatability. The rest had Free Updates. All are 32 Bit Applications but function ok with w7 64 Bit, here. All  Hardware had free W7 Driver Updates.

That being said, W7 is just a revamped Vista & IMO is a Bar StewardWink of an OS for Video Editors per se, to work with. Others may differWink

My 2 pence-worth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
13 Years Ago by colour
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
colour (6/30/2011)
iC5 will be 64 Bit.

There has been no official announcement on the availabability of a 64bit version yet. More information will be coming soon. Until then this is just speculation I'm afraid.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
NOT offering a 64-bit version would be a missed opportunity... Using high-resolution textures (needed to improve output quality) takes a lot of memory and the 32-bit version often runs into its limits.

As to upgrading from XP, I have done that and most of the programs that were worth running, still ran (under Vista 64-bit). I would never go back to a 32-bit OS if I can help it; my system is actually much more stable. I believe Windows 7 allows you to run XP within it or something...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I believe Windows 7 allows you to run XP within it or something...

For W7 Home Premium Users:

When Program is  Installed, Right-Click on Program Desktop Icon / Properties / Compatability.

W7 shows a "Pop-Up" anyway, after Installing a Program, that the Program might not have Installed correctly, giving 2/3 options. Selecting the first one, will automatically install/Run the Prog in XP/Vista Compatabilty Mode. 

BTW - Don't be confused with XP Virtual Machine, which is only for W7 Pro & above & needs to be Download from MS Website & isn't suitable for most Home PC Users. 

Edited
13 Years Ago by colour
rontarrant
rontarrant
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
colour (7/7/2011)
[quote]

When Program is Installed,Right-Click on Program DesktopIcon / Properties/ Compatability.

W7 shows a "Pop-Up" anyway, after Installing a Program, that the Programmight not have Installed correctly, giving 2/3 options. Selecting the first one, will automaticallyinstall/Run the Prog in XP/Vista Compatabilty Mode.

BTW - Don't be confused with XP Virtual Machine, which is only for W7 Pro & above & needs to be Download from MS Website & isn't suitable for most Home PC Users.

Hi colour,

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Premium? The reason I'm asking: A salesman told me that the 64-bit version of W7 Premium won't run 32-bit apps. Can you verify this?

Not that I'm upset about spending the extra $30 (or whatever it was) on the Pro version; I'm just curious.

[Edit] Turned out the salesman I was talking to didn't know his product. Ironically (if that's the right word) he's no longer working as a computer salesman. In fact, the company went under.

- Ron T.

Edited
12 Years Ago by RiViT
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
RiViT (7/8/2011)
Hi colour,

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Premium? The reason I'm asking: A salesman told me that the 64-bit version of W7 Premium won't run 32-bit apps. Can you verify this?

Not that I'm upset about spending the extra $30 (or whatever it was) on the Pro version; I'm just curious.

The 64bit version of Windows 7 Premium can certainly run 32bit apps. If it couldn't you wouldn't be able to run iClone4 on it which many, many people already do. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

colour
colour
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (7/8/2011)
RiViT (7/8/2011)
Hi colour,

The 64bit version of Windows 7 Premium can certainly run 32bit apps. If it couldn't you wouldn't be able to run iClone4 on it which many, many people already do. Wink

In theory/practise any 32 Bit Program should Run on a 64 Bit Opertating Sytem. Most do, but in 32 Bit Mode. However some Programs might not Run as well as expected.

I have W7 64 Bit & all of the 32 Bit Programs I've used so-far, Transferred from My XP PC to my W7 PC. haven't shown any unexpected behavio(u)rWink 

Edited
13 Years Ago by colour
aknzrdude
aknzrdude
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
32 bit program will run on 64 bit os - the 'issue' is that 32 bit programs can only address up to 4GB of RAM (really more like 3GB) so even if you have 12GB of ram your program can only use 4GB of it. This is where a 64 bit program really helps n that it can take full advantage of all your ram

the difference between windows 32 and windows 64 is that on windows 32, you can only address 4gb of ram so each 32 bit program that you open concurrently must share that 4GB - iclone, photoshop, premier etc must share it so there is a performance hit - and the other 8gb is just wasted

on windows 64, each 32 bit program can have up to 4GB so iclone have use 4GB, premier can use 4GB and photoshop can use 4G so you fully take advantage of that 12GB of ram you have

64 bit iclone would be ideal to have, but 32 bit iclone is NOT a showstopper

RiViT (7/8/2011)
colour (7/7/2011)
[quote]

When Program is Installed,Right-Click on Program DesktopIcon / Properties/ Compatability.

W7 shows a "Pop-Up" anyway, after Installing a Program, that the Programmight not have Installed correctly, giving 2/3 options. Selecting the first one, will automaticallyinstall/Run the Prog in XP/Vista Compatabilty Mode.

Hi colour,

Reading This Topic