CTA Training DVD - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 minutes ago
kowinator (2/12/2012)
ok, purchased it, downloaded it... one very very very minor thing though:

WHY DO THE VIDEOS NOT PLAY?

This really makes me sick, because I have the feeling of being fooled by you. I installed it (why the hell do you need to install a DVD?????) and I get the menu but the damn thing won't play.

I'm really thinking about asking for a refund:

Beware, people, I think it's not worth buying!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the Training DVD.

I can assure you that Training DVD does work but there may some system specific issue that is preventing the playing of the videos.

First thing to ensure is that you have the latest Adobe Flash Player installed. If that does not make any difference then please contact our Technical Support department using the link below. They will be able to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
The videos do play fine. Even on my old Galaxy Tab.

You did realize that the training DVD isn't meant to be played in a DVD Player? So also your DVD Software will not play it. Actually you only need Flash installed. The Windows Mediaplayer should do the rest. If this one broken, simply download VLC from videolan.org VLC plays them also very fine without any problems.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danke für Flex - Haare und Kleidung, die nicht durch den Avatar gehen !

kowinator
kowinator
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)Junior Member (189 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
yaRincewind (2/13/2012)
The videos do play fine. Even on my old Galaxy Tab.

You should add that they do play fine for you. I did not put them in any DVD player (how should I do that, it comes as an installation...)

I also did not attempt to play the files with DVD software.

Finally I simply located the program folder and played the video files from there using VLC.

And yes, I do have the latest Flash player installed. It would have been much easier to simply create a somewhat (X)HTML based menu and link the files from there instead of this installation stuff (for training videos!!!!) - Tells me that I'm probably not gonna buy some additional training stuff from RealLusion (the core products however are great)
yaRincewind
yaRincewind
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Oh, I did overread you are able to play the files manually. Sorry about that.

It would have been much easier to simply create a somewhat (X)HTML based menu and link the files from there instead of this installation stuff (for training videos!!!!)

Totally agree with this one. The future is HTML5.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danke für Flex - Haare und Kleidung, die nicht durch den Avatar gehen !

kimpen
kimpen
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)

hello, I can't play DVD training as well, hve updated my Adobe Flash Player.. opened Training screen, click on topic. NOTHING. hve updated to AFP 11. somthing...
Still nothing?
Any advice would be appreciated!
kimpen
kimpen
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)Veteran Member (967 reputation)

[quote]kimpen (9/20/2012)
hello, I can't play DVD training as well, hve updated my Adobe Flash Player.. opened Training screen, click on topic. NOTHING. hve updated to AFP 11. somthing...
Still nothing?
Any advice would be appreciated![/quote

ok, it doesn't work on Flash, but maybe what I found may help others in my amateur understanding of computer knowhow..

Goto file location and open individual files locate the MP4 and use yr other video programs (I use my real player) to view videos.
Hope this helps Smile
Askjerry
Crazy
Askjerry
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)Veteran Member (787 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I insert the DVD, the software starts... I can see the training menu. I click on "How-to Tutorial" and a sub-menu opens up. I click "Intro to Smart Animation" and on the right I see the description for the video along with a thumbnail.

I click the thumbnail... nothing. Angry
The disk does not spin up, nothing plays.

I click "Basic Puppeteering 1: Slider Control"
The right side changes with another thumbnail and description.
I click the thumbnail... nothing.

Same with ALL the items in the menu. Angry

So I give up trying to use the stupid software on the DVD... [color=#FF0000]IT DOES NOT WORK[/color].

Go to the root of the DVD and you have...
- data
- fscommand
- images
- PDF
- Project_Files
- video

Click on the directory "Video"
In here you will find 3 directories... "Exclusive", "How_to", and "Introductory"

Introductory

Create_Custom_Scene.mp4
Create_Simple_Walking_Animation.mp4
Customize_Your_Avatar_Style.mp4
Import_CT6_Character_into_Animator.mp4
Import_Custom_Media_and_3D_Export.mp4
Turn_Your_Photo_into_Animated_Character.mp4

How_To

- Actor_Creation
Advanced_Fitting_1_Shortlimbed_Characters.mp4
Advanced_Fitting_2_4_Legged_Creatures.mp4
Advanced_Fitting_3_Bringing_Toys_to_Life.mp4
Character_Composer.mp4
Detailed_Body_Photo_Fitting.mp4
Intro_to_Actor_Creation.mp4

- Content_Library
Character_Composition_and_Customization.mp4
Intro_to_Content_Inventory.mp4

- CrazyTalk6
Create_a_Voice_Script.mp4
Custom_Facial_Features_Eyes.mp4
Custom_Facial_Features_Mouth.mp4
Detailed_Face_Photo_Fitting.mp4
Face_Profile_and_Orientation.mp4
Realtime_Facial_Puppeteering.mp4

- Production_Environment
Advanced_Timeline_Editing.mp4
Advanced_Timeline_Inserting_Frames_and_Timeline_Shifting.mp4
Advanced_Timeline_Using_Layer_Keys.mp4
Basic_Timeline_Animation.mp4
Camera_and_3D_View.mp4
Intro_to_Production_Environment.mp4
Intro_to_Timeline.mp4

- Render_Output
Intro_to_Render_and_Output.mp4

- Smart_Animation
Basic_Puppeteering_1_Slider_Control.mp4
Basic_Puppeteering_2_Mouse_Control.mp4
Basic_Puppeteering_3_Masking_Puppeteering_Motions.mp4
Creating_Voice_Scripts.mp4
Intro_to_Smart_Animation.mp4
Montage_Scene_Animation.mp4
Morph_and_Sprite_based_Animation.mp4
Motion_Key_Editor.mp4
Realtime_Full_Body_Puppeteering.mp4

- Stage_and_SFX
Composing_Props_from_Flash_Components.mp4
Intro_to_Stage_and_SFX.mp4
iProp_Action_Menu_and_Sprite_Library.mp4

Exclusive
Creating_a_Dream_Sequence.mp4
Linking_and_Puppeteering_in_Scene_Animation.mp4
Rearranging_Faces_and_Using_SFX.mp4

Click on any of the MP4 video files to play them directly. If your system won't play them then I would suggest VLC Media player, it's free and it plays just about anything. Plus it has hotkeys so you can jump to full screen, etc.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

So at least you can watch the videos... not the best solution... but it will work for you.

Jerry

Askjerry... everyone else does.
Edited
12 Years Ago by Askjerry
fblawat
fblawat
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So what IS the best solution for users of Windows XP with Windows Media Player v11 that cannot play any of these .mp4 files? Yes, I can play .mp4 with VLC but I am not in the mood to go searching for the correct order of these videos.

I really really wish RL used a different format or made sure these .mp4 would play on Windows XP systems first.
Edited
11 Years Ago by fblawat

Reading This Topic