gyrophare (flashlight)

Posted By jj61 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jj61
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hello
Here, I argue not so bad in my training videos for firefighters ... but there is something I just can not seem to do is a flashing light. the object itself is done, but I want to do well on flashing blue.
Has anybody a solution?

Pompier volontaire utilisateur d'Iclone pour réalliser des vidéos de formations aux sapeurs-pompiers : www.anim18.com
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
One way to this (if it is just on and off you are looking for) is to take a point light and position it where your light is located. The next step is to animate the light. It's easiest to do this in iClone Pro, because of the timeline. So, open the timeline.

Let's say you want the light to go on and off once a second (60 iClone frames), starting at frame 1. Set the color of the light to what you want it to be. Now move the timeline to frame 30 and add a keyframe. Move to frame 31 and change the color of the light to black (which switches it off). Move to frame 60 and add a keyframe. At frame 61, the light needs to be on again, so set the color to what it was in frame 1.

In fact, as you now have the whole sequence, you can copy the keyframes at frame 1 through 60 and start pasting them at position 61, 121, etc.  To change the rate of the flashing you would place the keyframes closer together or farther apart.

To make all that easier you could use Collect Clip to save one cycle and use the saved clip: you can change the length of the clip to change the rate and loop the clip to repeat the flashing.

To simulate the effect that it takes time for the light to go on and off, you would add some distance between the transition keyframes. So instead of the keyframes now at 30 and 60, you could place them at 25 and 55, or so. If the light is longer on than off, you would move the keyframes now at 30 and 31 to, for example, 40 and 41.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If you look in your PRESET lighting (Light Room), you'll find Dynamic - Siren. You can use this to light up your scene. It already has the flashing light pattern for Blue and Red lights. If you don't need the Red then change the color of the light.

This light can be exported to a popVideo and then re-applied to most any object. 1920 frames is actually provided in the sequence, and it will loop if that number of frames is exported as a popVideo from inside iClone.

I applied it to a DOME and made it two-sided for export to popVideo. Should work in most instances. Using the same popVideo on the Glow channel will make it brighter based on the strength you apply and the ambient light used.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
jj61
jj61
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)Veteran Member (739 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
thanks to all.
The video is for me the good solution.

Pompier volontaire utilisateur d'Iclone pour réalliser des vidéos de formations aux sapeurs-pompiers : www.anim18.com
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I'm glad Cricky gave you a simpler solution. I'm too much old school sometimes, but I'm catching up!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic