Trying to get teeth right in crazytalk?

Posted By donegaljoe 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
donegaljoe
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)Veteran Member (646 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hi,

Thank you very much for your invaluable help in other questions Peter.

I'm trying to get the teeth right in a face I have imported into the program. The face has already got teeth but when talking the bottom of the top teeth and the top of the bottom teeth are cut off so it doesn't look natural enough.

I have tried adding teeth in the program but they wont cover the existing pics teeth and although there are ways in the teeth fitting to adjust teeth left right taller etc, I can't see an option to make the whole teeth seem bigger so as to cover a greater area and therefore mask the existing teeth.

Can you think of a solution for this Peter and am I right in thinking the feature that I want is available in animator but not crazytalk 6 pro?

thanks very much again Smile

joe

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Hi Joe

If you are working with a photo that has a partially open mouth and teeth showing then you need to make use of the Open Mouth Points button on the top toolbar.

First you need to make sure you are in Detailed Facial Mode (see below).

Then select the Open Mouth Points button (see below)

This will give you additional fitting points for the upper lip as well as the lower lip. You position the yellow points for the upper lip and the white points for the lower lip (note the additional points may initially be hidden behind the original points so try moving them slightly so you can see the extra fitting points.

Once you have correctly placed the Open Mouth Points the teeth from the original photo will no longer be visible. This should solve the problems you are having. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kris_20140208122338562
kris_20140208122338562
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi, Peter:
I am having trouble with the teeth. My character is a photo of a dog, and I used the detailed facial mode to outline her mouth. The dog was talking fine in the preview until I went to Script mode and selected "dog." All of a sudden all you can see is teeth when she talks and it makes her look mean and scary. The teeth are very distracting!

I've tried every setting of mouth, lips and teeth. I've tried making the mouth smaller. I tried unclicking "dog" in the script. Nothing seems to work. Can you advise me?

THANKS, kris@kato.com
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 minutes ago
kris_20140208122338562 (4/19/2015)
Hi, Peter:
I am having trouble with the teeth. My character is a photo of a dog, and I used the detailed facial mode to outline her mouth. The dog was talking fine in the preview until I went to Script mode and selected "dog." All of a sudden all you can see is teeth when she talks and it makes her look mean and scary. The teeth are very distracting!

I've tried every setting of mouth, lips and teeth. I've tried making the mouth smaller. I tried unclicking "dog" in the script. Nothing seems to work. Can you advise me?

THANKS

Hi Kris,

Are you using CrazyTalk 6? This is the CT6 forum so I will assume this is the version you are using but please let me know if you are using a different version.

For a dog you should use Detailed Facial Mode to setup the fittings points and then apply the "Long Snout" profile by choosing "Face Orientation" on the left toolbar (in Model mode).

The you can just add a voice in the normal way by recording your voice, loading a WAV file or using Text To Speech. To animate the dogs face you can use Puppeteering (Select Puppet Control in Script Mode).

To give you an idea how this works and should look on screen, just load one of the sample animal projects.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic