Profile Picture

Need to Reinstall CT Pro for FOX Promos

Posted By RhettRO 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RhettRO
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I had a computer crash and had to buy a new PC. Upon trying to install and register CT Pro for that machine I was unable to do so. I've submitted a support ticket but after days I still have not received a response. I'm using the program in television and it is imperative that I get this reinstalled as we have promos that we are using the program to create for FOX.

I need to get this resolved. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
RhettRO
RhettRO
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)Junior Member (224 reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
I should also state that I was unable to uninstall the program from the crashed PC. Unfortunately these things come without any warning and is beyond my control.
Edited
13 Years Ago by RhettRO
vidi
vidi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Do you have deactivate your licence already in your RL account ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
13 Years Ago by vidi
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
RhettRO (5/12/2011)
I had a computer crash and had to buy a new PC. Upon trying to install and register CT Pro for that machine I was unable to do so. I've submitted a support ticket but after days I still have not received a response. I'm using the program in television and it is imperative that I get this reinstalled as we have promos that we are using the program to create for FOX.

I need to get this resolved. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi..

You should be able to resolve this by doing as Vidi suggested above.

Login to your Account.

1) Click the License History tab.

2) Click Details for the computer that crashed.

3) Choose to Deactivate that computer.

After you have done this you should be able to reinstall and use the software again. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
OK, was able to deactivate the program from the crashed PC but now I cannot install on the new computer because it says there is no internet connection when clearly there is (that's how I'm able to get on here.) Also, the firewall has been disabled and still not luck. So now the program cannot verify the serial number to activate. So since it cannot get past that part the installation wizard shuts the install down. Very frustrating and makes me feel like a criminal software pirate.

HELP!!!!

Rick Owens

Edited
13 Years Ago by rhettroweb
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
rhettroweb (5/13/2011)
OK, was able to deactivate the program from the crashed PC but now I cannot install on the new computer because it says there is no internet connection when clearly there is (that's how I'm able to get on here.) Also, the firewall has been disabled and still not luck. So now the program cannot verify the serial number to activate. So since it cannot get past that part the installation wizard shuts the install down. Very frustrating and makes me feel like a criminal software pirate.

HELP!!!!

Do you have any secondary security software installed? It is possible if you do that this software is blocking access to the Reallusion servers. This in turn will give you an error that you are not connected to the internet.

Try checking the manual or help guide of any such software to see how you can allow full access for CTA to activate the software.

If you still have problems I would advise contacting Tech Support using the link below. They should be able to advise you further. You can keep up to date with any replies from Support by looking in your Account and clicking the Support Ticket tab.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Hope you get this resolved soon.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Still no resolve to this problem and Support hasn't responded again to my last request. There isn't any reason we can figure as to why this shouldn't install. Our client is on a deadline and I have to get their commercial spot finished this week.

I really need a workable solution right now.

Rick Owens

RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Disregard the last post. Reallusion has sent a possible workaround which I will try out today.

Thanks so much.

Rick Owens

Reading This Topic