Multiple Water Plains

Posted By Rampa 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Rampa
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 58 minutes ago
Playing with making my own pools of water at different levels, I have found the reflections only seem to work correctly with the water primitive. When I create my own water plain(s), the reflection acts more like refraction (even when refraction is off). Everything else works fine.

I would really like to be able to have more than one water plain that can be cut to different shapes besides square.
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yeah it's a known problem with the reflection shader. Hopefully it'll be fixed next vesion.

Until then, use a premade reflection map to do reflections.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
rampa (5/1/2011)
Playing with making my own pools of water at different levels, I have found the reflections only seem to work correctly with the water primitive. When I create my own water plain(s), the reflection acts more like refraction (even when refraction is off). Everything else works fine.

I would really like to be able to have more than one water plain that can be cut to different shapes besides square.

The team are looking into this but there are restrictions because of the real-time element of iClone. Care has to be taken not to impact on this too much so as to affect performance.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic