Profile Picture

Spring effect

Posted By crabshang 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
crabshang
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Is there is a way to add the spring effect to props made within Sketchup?
I'm trying to apply the effect to a hose that is attached to a cybernetic creature.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.Hehe
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

crabshang (4/20/2011)
Is there is a way to add the spring effect to props made within Sketchup?
I'm trying to apply the effect to a hose that is attached to a cybernetic creature.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.Hehe

Hasn't this wheel already been invented?

flowing hair kit vol 2

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
crabshang
crabshang
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)Senior Member (270 reputation)

I'm looking to create props and apply the effect to them. I see that the option is available in the modify section. My question is how to or what steps are involved in adding spring to a sketchup drawn hose that has been exported as a vns file. The Flowing hair vol. 2 looks to be close to what I need.
namunger
namunger
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
crabshang (4/20/2011)
I'm looking to create props and apply the effect to them. I see that the option is available in the modify section. My question is how to or what steps are involved in adding spring to a sketchup drawn hose that has been exported as a vns file. The Flowing hair vol. 2 looks to be close to what I need.

As I understand it, a prop has to be created as a "spring prop" from the beginning, it's not something that can just be "turned on." Checking the spring button on a prop that doesn't have a spring effect built in will have no effect.

Now as for how to actually create a spring prop from scratch, I haven't figured that one out yet, but I would suspect that it requires one of the higher-level animation packages to pull off.

----

Christy0
Christy0
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi crabshang. check out this link. This is the method I used for the Spring Fonts.

http://developer.reallusion.com/whitepaper/Spring/Spring_2.htm

Only Problem is you Need MAX, and iclone developer plugin.

Hope this helps Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

crabshang
crabshang
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you Christy and Namunger. That link clears up exactly what I was suspecting. I saw 3ds max listed in a tutorial but it wasn't stated that it was a prerequisite. Thanks so much for contributing to our endeavor.

Reading This Topic