Problem with animated mesh

Posted By maxou1982 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
maxou1982
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)Veteran Member (671 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hello,
I have a friend on internet who has 3dsmax 2010 with glu3D, iclone4 export plugin and supermesher. He can create a fluid with glu3d, then convert it as an animated mesh with supermesher.
When i've received the max scene, i can see the fluid, as an animated mesh, normally. it's a 100 frames animation.
The big problem is that fbx export does not support animated mesh. So, even if i can open the fbx in 3Dxchange with animation, my mesh is not animated or not visible.
I've requested my friend to export the mesh via the iclone plugin as an iprop, but same problem in iclone: i can see a cube, but animated mesh is missing.
I've found a solution but very hard to use:
export the animated mesh as an .obj sequence (so, a total of 100 objects !!) with a free script (obj exporter)
export each object as a prop to iclone via 3dxchange
make each prop visible only at its corresponding frame in iclone (100 props)
I am even not sure that the props will be perfectly superposed...

So, will there be an improvement for the iclone plugin or 3dxchange to support animated mesh ?
Or, can someone write a script or application for iclone to make an automation of the process explained above ?

Big thanks !
(I make a star trek film featuring the dominion shapeshifters)

Reading This Topic