iClone5 Content Wishlist

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Hmmm I think its time for another quick reminder. Wink

This thread is for Content suggestions only. Please don't post new feature requests or improved feature requests here as they may be missed. Please use the Wishful Features forum for feature requests.

This thread is for posting your content suggestions. You know, things like new avatars/styles, props, motions, 3D scenes that kind of thing. All the things you want in iClone that you haven't found so far.

We really want to make sure that iClone5 comes with the content you want to see.

So please keep the requests coming. Thanks. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I do not want the known Universe as a Iclone feature a content pack will do BigGrin

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
hutchartwork
hutchartwork
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
It would be great if basic motions (members of *various* ages groups getting up, sitting down, turning, leaning over or bending down to pick up fallen objects, slowly sitting or quickly plopping down on a couch or chair, etc.) were included in iClone 5. I usually work with older characters in their 50s, so the karate, rap, HipHop and sporty younger-folk motions are practically useless, non-applicable for that less agile (but not yet old and shaky!) age group. This was mentioned in an earlier posting, but bears repeating: attachable body hair (for arms, hands, chest and legs) and facial hair that is attachable to the face (and moves realistically with that particular part of the face mesh), i.e. eyebrows (from Brezhnev-bushy to thin), beards, moustaches, sideburns (from short to 19th-century bushy), etc. would just be fantastic! Also, I'm sure the older iClone users would like to see more conservative clothing included in the next iClone program: cardigans, cord pants, normal button-down shirts and especially short hair styles for older men, from thinning hair and/or balding (on top, on back) to receding hairlines, etc. More flexibility and realism in clothing, facial and bodily movements is what I'm hoping for. Smile

--------------------------------
From W.H. Auden's (1907-1973) 1942 poem "Canzone":

When shall we learn, what should be clear as day,
We cannot choose what we are free to love?
August Graf von Platen-Hallermünde (1796-1835),
Auszug aus einem "An Justus Liebig" gerichteten Gedicht von 1828:

Soll bergen ich mein innerstes Vermögen,
Was ich empfinde zu bekennen schwanken?
Ich schämte mich der eigenen Gedanken,
Wenn sie, wie Schwalben, an der Erde flögen.
Hienieden lohnt's der Mühe nicht, zu zagen,
Und wahr und frei zu sprechen kleidet Jeden,
Da bald wir Alle ruhn in Sarkophagen.
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
hutchartwork (7/20/2011)I'm sure the older iClone users would like to see more conservative clothing included in the next iClone program

Reallusion is fairly sensitive to this, but our indie developers have released too many outfits--particularly for women--that are only suitable for streetwalkers. BigGrin

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
OK, one thing no one's managed to cover yet which I thought would be a foregone conclusive by now.

Landscapes:
CLIFF FACES in particular.
Have a landscape and a complimentary suite of Cliff Faces, also Rock Faces which also complimented the surface land and cliff materials.

What I see too much of is the "streaking" of one foot of land texture being used to cover 500 feet of dropping cliff face and it looks bloody awful.

As nobody has ever written in a randomised "tiling" or "Face coverage" algorythm whereby the stretching upwards of land for a higher or lower landmass compared to the majority surface does NOT stretch like a rubber sheet distorting and lowering the detail accordingly we need real layers.

Decent high resolution rock requests for an entire year on my part ended up with 'better' textured rocks and still no surface detail so that was a failure.

The next stage onwards from what I deemed was a simple request then, is, now, to manufacture actual rock faces we can jutt out of flat gently sculpted land masses in order to gain something that so far you dont have, nor do I see anyone attempting to manufacture it.
The detail that'd be available on a cliff face dropping into the see with incredible detail would be stunning with very little effort. I don't know why it's not there yet.
Complimentary series of cuttings and rock strata and then matching grassy land tufts for the tops. Etc etc etc. I dont like teaching people how to suck eggs.

If people made alcove, 90 degree, 45 degree, curved convex, curved concave arced positive and arced negative cliff faces, coupled with cliff faces with holes in and a series of cupped  caverns or caves that would fit into these cavities allowing for caves half way up a 1000 foot cliff faces....................... you'd have something I havent seen before.

And let's face it (No pun intended) you already do all this but in horizontal blocks anyway.

I think with this inclusion land sculpting and etc would be superb.
The sad failing is that if you're trying to do something diverse like the cliff face villages in the latest release of THE TIME MACHINE you're basically stuffed and I dont want come back spatterings about "Improvision" and texturing flat planes because in close up, where reality begins and ends, you don't get the qualtiy.

The one other issue that's absolutely missing and that nobody has ever really attacked with quality are the overhangs. Overhanging ricks jutting out of high resolution cliff faces would be incredible to see and create a set dimension, again, thats absolutely missing but was attacked once in the the land series I and II but in the early iClone Version 2 days.

Just my thoughts.

Armstrong.

debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
For it to be faster and easier to use.  And for it to stop crashing.
debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)Veteran Member (807 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
As far a content to add, I'd love to infants, toddler, kids, pre-teens, teens, middle aged, elderly and more stout characters to select.  Would love more motions for these groups of people too.

Thanks

Debbie

hutchartwork
hutchartwork
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
@tutor "Paumanok West": Thanks for putting it a bit more graphically than I dared to, newbie that I am. BigGrin

From W.H. Auden's (1907-1973) 1942 poem "Canzone":

When shall we learn, what should be clear as day,
We cannot choose what we are free to love?
August Graf von Platen-Hallermünde (1796-1835),
Auszug aus einem "An Justus Liebig" gerichteten Gedicht von 1828:

Soll bergen ich mein innerstes Vermögen,
Was ich empfinde zu bekennen schwanken?
Ich schämte mich der eigenen Gedanken,
Wenn sie, wie Schwalben, an der Erde flögen.
Hienieden lohnt's der Mühe nicht, zu zagen,
Und wahr und frei zu sprechen kleidet Jeden,
Da bald wir Alle ruhn in Sarkophagen.
Edited
13 Years Ago by hutchartwork
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Not sure if this was said or not, but since iClone 5 is going to have some dynamic animation things, it'd be great for it to ship with some nice run of the mill animations like walking, running, jumping, falling, sitting, standing. Combinding these with the IK system should work nicely and maybe we could modify them as we see fit.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
rguy
rguy
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I'd like to see IClone start using G2 Avatars instead of the G5 - I'd like to see Linear Point Lights, An expression slider dialog box, A fade slider for the 2d image background - Better texture tools for the facial feature - and some kind of better Skin Builder like Daz added - I think it's called skin builder pro -
I also use actual eyes 4 - it's kind of becoming the standard and we should see some kind of integrated innovation in the eyes as the standard. I'd also like to see one thing from Japan and at least one Asian avatar as a standard program avatar. Thai would be fine - I knew this hot little Thai girl that use to stare at me out of her dentists office every day - lol - Any hoot - I guess if you started your 3D learning process with IClone 5 like I did - You had to be pretty impressed. I'm looking forward to the next version -
Edited
10 Years Ago by rguy

Reading This Topic