Draw & Paint for CrazyTalk Animator

Posted By Visconti 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
peteradam6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I agree it is possible to do it in DrawPlus, and you show it happening. Perhaps I was hasty in rushing to judgement, but I literally spent hours trying to find a way to do it for an irregular pen-selected tube shape I had, and searched the web for tutorials and forums posts for at least an hour. They all gave huge and overly complex 12-step workarounds. There was no tutorial I could find, either video or text, for simply doing what you do in the video. There were no entries in the abundant software's context-sensitive help for "Fill" or "Flood" or anything like it. It just seemed that the feature wasn't there to fill inside a pen-selected shape, and I searched every single menu and dropdown and toolbar option. I guess I'm used to Photoshop, where this operation can be done in a fraction of a second. In the end I just gave up and uninstalled the DrawPlus demo. Serif really need to make it much easier to find out how to do this vital and basic operation.

Anyway, that's water under the bridge. Now I'm with CorelDRAW X5 which is a little more expensive but it is far easier to find and operate this particular function and which offers Smart Fill too. I also found it has a wonderful range of brushes for pressure-sensitive hard-edged comics/cartoon inking work, of the sort that is suitable for the toon edges look in Crazy Talk Animator. DrawPlus was very lacking in that particular type of brush, and seemed more suited to natural media emulation.

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
Edited
13 Years Ago by peteradam6
vidi
vidi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
My favorite Drawing tool is xara I love it Smile The only reason to buy Draw plus is the possibility to make rolling eyes, like as flash. Xara can't do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8OnGMk1FUc

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

lizard3209
lizard3209
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
vidi (4/7/2011)
is this features "creating windows of soul" possible to create with draw plus?

btw. Yes ! it works fine with Draw Plus .
really Great addition for CTA ! Cool

If anyone is interested, in the German forum, Hans Jürgen made ​​a nice tutorial rolling eyes with Draw Plus Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost80391.aspx

Hey Vidi,

I've looked at this on the German Forums.  Very glad to see that it is possible.  I've had to use translation to English as I cannot speak German.  Some of the translation came out slightly confusing but thats online translators for you.  Does this exist anywhere else in English that I might be able to learn from?  Thanks!

vidi
vidi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

I'm Sorry,
but follow the pictures and see the layer settings ,it's like in the flash tutorial Smile

liebe Grüße vidi

lizard3209
lizard3209
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Thanks for your assistance.  I hadn't yet tried it with this method yet.  I'm glad that if I run into problems I can get some quick answers here.  Cheers.
vidi
vidi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here an instruction from the white paper

http://developer.reallusion.com/whitepaper/CrazyTalk_Animator/03_Rules_for_Vector_Actor/Flash_Character_Designing_Workflow/Details%20for%20the%20Eye%20Design.htm

liebe Grüße vidi

Duncanduncan
Duncanduncan
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Cricky, any chance at getting a look at the file you had up?
thxs!

DuncanDuncan
Aidan@noblestriving.com

Reading This Topic