Problem with bonus since install of version 1.1

Posted By rgathje 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rgathje
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
  Under version 1.0 I was using the bonus stuff like globetrotters, Queen and pumpkin. I installed the update to version 1.1. Now all the bonus stuff has a tag that says bonus. When I try to add it into my project, it opens up the internet screen to "get it". I have gone through the whole thing of getting it and saving the items over the old ones. No matter what I do they still have the bonus tag on them and they still go to the "get it" page. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me again?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

I'm guessing that although you had downloaded the bonus content you may not have actually loaded them in CTA yet. This would account for them showing as Bonus content.

Verification of downloaded content takes place the first time you use them so normally any content you have used should be ok but any unused bonus content will show the "Get Me" page.

You should be able to go to your Inventory in the Marketplace, select all the content that has a Bonus mark showing and redownload.

If during the download process you are prompted about files with same name then don't choose "No" as this will cancel the process and leave the old content there. Choose "Yes" and then rename each file as prompted. This should do the trick.

Once downloaded successfully you can go into Windows Explorer and manually delete the older "Bonus" content and rename the newer versions if you wish.

Give this a try and see if it helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rgathje
rgathje
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

I did all that. It turns out that when I tried it and renamed the files they weren't in the root of character. When I went looking they were in a sub folder along with the files I had tried to download before. I seem to have these strange things happen but I have everything cleaned up and have all the bonus files now. Thanks for the help.
HatHead
HatHead
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello, I am trying out the demo of CT animator and have exactly the same problem. Even though I have downloaded, installed the trial bonus resource pack and see the corresponding files in the same directory as the files that work (although I don't think these are correct as they are the same size at 47K), I get taken to a web page every time I try to apply the motions.

Also, I have restarted CT to reinitialize it as well, no effect.

Many thanks for any help!
Edited
13 Years Ago by HatHead
rgathje
rgathje
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

When I downloaded the second time I tried, I renamed the files with a 1 at the end of the name. When I went looking for the files, I didn't see the names with the 1 add until I searched through all the subfolders. When I found them they didn't have trial and when I loaded them they worked fine. I went back and deleted the original files so I don't remember where they were.

Reading This Topic