Profile Picture

Do you have any other text to speech voices?

Posted By christina8_683 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
christina8_683
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hello :-) I was just wondering if you have any other text to speech voices that I can use for commercial projects like advertisements.  

I contaced a company called nextup.com and asked how much it would cost for voices that I can use in commercial (business( projects). Here is a sample of what nextup.com said in their email back to me (I copied and pasted some of it below):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the AT&T Voices
http://www.nextup.com/nvsamples.html
there are restrictions, with a couple of license types we can offer starting at $5000.

With Cepstral voices
http://www.nextup.com/Cepstral.html
prices start at $199. But these are extremely limited and prices do go up considerably.

We also have voices from Nuance RealSpeak at
http://www.nextup.com/scansoft.html
but their redistribution rights start at $15,000.

Finally, the Acapela voices
http://www.nextup.com/acapela.html
have a couple of models, with unlimited creation and distribution starting at $6000 and up to 5 hours of audio starting at $1800.

They want too much money and they put too many restrictions on their voices, just to use it for commercial stuff.

Do you have any cheaper ones I can buy? I want to buy a voice once and use it forever without having to worry about licencing fees, or whether or not it is commercial or not

Thanks heaps for your time :-)

Edited
13 Years Ago by christina8_683
peteradam6
peteradam6
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
The text-to-speech on the Amazon Kindle device is royalty-free. At a pinch, you could make a simple text file, send it to your Kindle, and then hold a microphone near it. The Kindle runs silently, so there'd be no hum.

But if it's a commercial ad, why not get the boss to shell out for some pizza and invite some people around to the office to stand over a microphone and record it?

| iClone 5 Pro | 3DXchange 4 Pro | popVideo Converter 2 | CrazyTalk 6 Pro | CrazyTalk Animator Pro |
christina8_683
christina8_683
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 13 Years Ago
Hello, and thanks heaps for your reply :-) Yes, that's an excellent idea, I think I will just get people to record their voices for it. It sure beats paying some schmuck $5,000 just for a voice. Gosh, not even doctors get that much for talking! :-)

Thanks heaps for that excellent idea, I really appreciate it :-)

bobby1_20120305110214552
bobby1_20120305110214552
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I just bought Crazytalk6 and Crazytalk animation. How come I have voices that have locks on them? If I bought them with the program why are they locked. Are better yet why are they even on the program if I can't use them?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
bobby1_20120305110214552 (3/8/2012)
I just bought Crazytalk6 and Crazytalk animation. How come I have voices that have locks on them? If I bought them with the program why are they locked. Are better yet why are they even on the program if I can't use them?

Neither CrazyTalk 6 or CrazyTalk Animator come with any text to speech voices. They just use the voices that you may already have installed on your computer.

When you choose the TTS option in either version of CrazyTalk they will simply scan your system for any suitable voices and then make them available for use in the software.

If you have a number of locked voices they must have come from another source I'm afraid.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

There was a guy who did some tutorials for Anime Studio who was from Canada and he mostly spoke French. He didn't want to use his own voice for the English so he used a text to speech voice and I was really impressed with how much they have advanced. It actually sounded very good!
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I read an article recently that the TTS is getting so efficient, it's becoming a threat to voice actors. There's one company that's already serving hollywood in that respect. funny, how things get better in one hand, but have repercussions on the other. great for students and gamers, bad for actors, announcers and hosts.

This is an entirely fabricated artist in Japan, the voice and obviously the hologram. voice gigs may one day be obsolete.

InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

planetstardragon (3/11/2012)
I read an article recently that the TTS is getting so efficient, it's becoming a threat to voice actors.

Thanks for posting that video link. I really enjoyed it. I was totally blown away with the live on stage holographics they were able to create. Do you have an additional information on the technology used to create that?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

ya, there's a wiki on it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku - Mike ( Apparition ) made a whole song using the technology! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vocaloid and this is the product page http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?Articleid=1071 but make sure you read everything about it before you may buy if you do, I read how they have some os compatibility issues.

update: 32 bit os only

Edited
12 Years Ago by planetstardragon
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

I use virtual singer in Melody Assistant by Myriad for most of my videos.
it is cheap shareware and I am alowed to use the voices and can even sample my own if I wish, giving me perfect pitch!!!!
never actually tried that, a bit of work doing all the phonemes but I also use sound samples such as cat meows for instruments.

Reading This Topic