Profile or three-quarter view face capture

Posted By wjs_pdi 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wjs_pdi
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 13 Years Ago
The current face capture tools in Animator and CTA expect a straight-on (facing camera) view. It would add a great deal to the reach and usefulness of this sensational tool to be able to face-capture from a profile still picture or even a 3/4 view. I would envision an additional choice screen in which the user would choose the view which most closely matched the head still to be animated. Then the appropriate number of position dots (i.e. only 1 eye showing, etc.) would appear.

This would bring a whole new level to creating narrative content with the Crazy Talk family.
ouch662101
Nuclear
ouch662101
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago

The current face capture tools in Animator and CTA expect a straight-on (facing camera) view. It would add a great deal to the reach and usefulness of this sensational tool to be able to face-capture from a profile still picture or even a 3/4 view. I would envision an additional choice screen in which the user would choose the view which most closely matched the head still to be animated. Then the appropriate number of position dots (i.e. only 1 eye showing, etc.) would appear.

This would bring a whole new level to creating narrative content with the Crazy Talk family.

Yes I agree, I have the trial version now and I don’t suspect I will buy the program. The only thing I wanted to do was make the buzzard and his friends talk.  I have a script, I bought a voice changer and created the script lines and all I want to do is make a little still video of the buzzards (which have long beaks) talk. To use the special audio created for them. I’m about to pull my hair out searching for a solution. If I could get mediasmash to keep from crashing I wouldn’t need anything else but it isn’t stable and crazy talk while apparently a good program and far more advanced than mediasmash…doesn’t seem to be able to  handle the profile of a bird and make the mouth move.  I would appreciate any help on this before I press the uninstall.

Edited
12 Years Ago by ouch662101
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
CTA does give face direction and face profile settings during face fitting which helps for a 3/4 or off center view. A profile view currently is difficult but not completely impossible.

Still, I agree that more support/tools for face fitting is needed.

Here I did a test with a profile of a buzzard. Not perfect but usable:

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
wjs_pdi (2/20/2011)

Thank you for your feedback. This has been passed to the CTA team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic