Posted By Harb40 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
ExclamationMark
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have decided that I will go ahead and run the competition again this year. A new theme has been selected (not telling yet), a new submission time period will take effect, updated guidelines will be in effect and a new group of judges will be in place.

I have started contacting companies to see what type of donations I can get this year. Last year we had some really great prizes and I want to keep that standard going this year. I am also looking into possibly getting Sony or Canon to donate a camcorder or 2 (not sure if they will do it but it doesn't hurt to ask [er....beg]).

I will keep everyone informed on the progress of the prizes packages and when they can expect the competition to start. I am hoping to branch into Second Life, The Sims and other communities to enhance our viewing pleasures and get more types of film makers involved.

I am hoping to see more involvement from the iClone community this next time around.  We did have 1 entry using iClone and I hope to see more in the future.

I just want everyone to know that this is not a popularity contest and the 'best' film maker may not always win. It is how the judges interpret the films for the theme and content. (that is why I get different judges every time). So, stay tuned and let's have some fun.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Just a quick update:

For the second year, SonySoftware, Reallusion and Moviestorm have signed on to sponsor the competition.  I am also waiting on feedback from 3 other companies for prize donations.  Looks like this years prizes will be better than ever.

Passion is my business.

Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For those who have access to Facebook, I have made an official page for updates to the Passion Competition.  Check it out.  Harb40 Passion Competition Facebook Group

Passion is my business.
animagic
animagic
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
A worthy initiative. There is always a lot of talk on this forum about the importance of story-telling, so here is a change to put our money where our mouth is (what a weird phrase). BigGrin

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I recently updated the Facebook Groups page with details on the current prize packages and there have been a few posts concerning the competition dates and number of entries allowed.  Give it a look.  The link for the page is in an earlier post.

Passion is my business.
Edited
13 Years Ago by Harb40
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

For those who are unaware, TMOA Radio is one of the sponsors of the Passion Competition.  I use the Sunday Show to announce the official start of the competition, the final results and use audio ads to help promote the competition.  The teaser ads for this years competition will start airing Saturday July 31 and the full competition ad will start airing the 27th of August.

You can find all the links for TMOA Radio here.  On the right side of the page are links for the players, chatroom and other links.  On the left side you will find links to download previous shows and more.

The current show schedule is:

Sunday
Industry 101 (1pm-2pm EST; 6pm-7pm UK)
(Currently 2pm-3pm EST; 7pm-8pm UK time (1 hour later than listed))

The Sunday Show (2pm-7pm EST; 7pm-12am UK)
(Currently 3pm-8pm EST; 8pm-11pm UK time (1 hour later than listed; runs one hour less on average))

Monday
The Wolf & Dulci Hour - iClone radio (10pm-11pm EST; 3am-4am UK)

Thursday
The Spotlight With Kinte (9pm-10:30pm EST; 2am-3:30am UK)

Saturday
The Tom & Ethan Movie Corner (1pm-2pm EST; 6pm-7pm UK)
The Weekly Look With Chris & Wytchy (2pm-3pm EST; 7pm-8pm UK)

The Storm Hour With Shirley Martin & Jakechief(3pm-4pm EST; 8pm-9pm UK)
The DCMF Modding Hour With Stevndysn & Mike D Boing (4pm-5pm EST; 9pm-10pm UK)

Listen in for the audio ads, general information, great guests and more.  iCloners have their own show on Mondays but are more than welcome for all the other shows.

Passion is my business.

Harb40
Harb40
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

2 teaser audio ads started last week on TMOA radio (see link above for how to listen).  The full audio ad will start airing on the 27th of August.  The theme, rules and guidelines will be posted on the 27th of August also.

I hope to see many of you getting involved.

Passion is my business.

Reading This Topic