Profile Picture

Reminder says Failed to load file. If this is a .vns file. swith to project page

Posted By djzpt 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Reminder says Failed to load file. If this is a .vns file. swith to...

Author
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
First of all, this is the iClone 4 forum so not for iClone 6.

Second, the issue you are trying to report is so vague that it is impossible to determine what the problem is. Also, you don't provide any specifications of your system.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I've seen this before, I believe the answer was 42.

zoom123
zoom123
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
i hv 24 gb of ram, nvidia gtx 770M that is 3 gb, intel i7. processor. n i hv worke alot in one project i kept saving pressing ctrl+s. now after closing iclone m not able to open it again it says failed to load the file.... why is that. i tried restarting my system n everything still not working. plsss find some solution.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
planetstardragon (3/24/2013)
don't make large files. If it requires so much detail, you may want to consider compositing in editing software, it will give your scene greater depth and control while having mercy on you in the 3D softwares. I personally don't go over 2,000 frames - if anything i try to stay at around 500 and shoot just enough for an edit of a scene, but never a whole scene.

Even now with all that new powerful hardware and new ICLONE ?

EDIT : Didn't notice the date of your post. Ignore the comment.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

it still applies though - it's real time, and the fact that keyframes are recorded in real time, leaves a ton of space for things to go wrong ...and they WILL go wrong. Add to this, that there can be errors in the timeline ...on options not accessible to the time line, so some of the errors you get in big files ..are NOT fixable.....you'd have to delete segments and remake them because the things you'd want to fix can't be touched. that was a major issue for me.

further all movies I've watched don't have long unedited scenes, so I just don't go there.

I make my scenes long enough to fit the edit ...maybe 1 or 2 seconds over so I have space to trim....but i avoid that drama ...been there ...done that ...it's a very bad experience ...especially if you are into keyframing

after a certain point, motions start changing on their own ..and it's just messy. I've brought this up many times.....but instead of pushing the topic, i just work around it and render small.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
zoom123
zoom123
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)Junior Member (202 reputation)

the file i ws working its nt big at all.......... its just 110 mb. i hv just added 4 buildings n 3 characters n one car thats it....... so pls reply
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

were any of the props from google 3D warehouse ?

google warehouse is notorious for having models with really bad meshes that wreak havoc on iclone.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

just so you understand what I'm referring to....there are things that certain architectural design software do, that does not get along with regular polygon based systems ...for example ...having too many vertices connected to one edge ...which is very easy to do in sketchup and causes many problems in iclone.

one way to address this is inspecting and fixing the model in sketchup...cleaning the mesh ....or using something like Meshlab http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/ to repair the model.

not saying this is the case with your project....but more often than not - this is what causes problems like the one you described.

you could have very well found a new bug, what I suggest is emailing a copy of the project to support ....Upload it to dropbox ...and email the link to support so they can inspect it.

zoom123
zoom123
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

none.... bt not only me so many people i read previous discussions they also hv the same problem. i can hv iclone 5.4 instead of iclone 6.01. is tht problem fixed in 5.4 ? pls m expecting a solution. really need it.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

the best solution is uploading the project file to dropbox and emailing it to support for inspection. https://www.dropbox.com

there isn't much we can troubleshoot on the forum... if you can't open the file.

one thing you may try, deleting the iclone cache ...sometimes ...the cache gets corrupted and causes this problem also. ie - iclone is trying to open a corrupted cache instead of the main file... not sure where the cache is located in 6 though, as I haven't had that issue since version 4... i'd have to look around and post after i find it. Maybe someone else with this info can post it. Also, i do regular maintenance on my system, so all my caches get deleted regularly anyway. I use ccleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner to do this, but have to manually add all the programs caches in settings for ccleaner to clean.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon

Reading This Topic