3dxchange hangs on importing fbx

Posted By buddhanature28 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
buddhanature28
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I am running windows 7. I just bought iclone 4, 3dxchange 4 and the daz fbx exporter plug in. Quite an investment for something that so far I can not get to work! It exports from daz great. But as soon as I try to open the fbx file of a charachter in 3dxchange 4 it just hangs on importing (once ran for two hours and never got anywhere!) Have tried this with several different files I bought specifically for this purpose and no sucess. Unfortunately reallusion also does not seem to have any technical support to call? I find this very disappointing that you can sink hundreds of dollars into their product and then they expect you to way 2-3 days for their first email reply? When I had a problem with Daz I just called them up and they were very helpful on the phone. I really want to use this program but if I dont find some more support I am wondering how easy it will be to get a refund!Any help would be appreciated...
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
someone else was recently having trouble with 3DX on the forum, they reinstalled it and it seemed to fix their issue. - Good luck.

Teviniii
Teviniii
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

@Budd

Try loading your FBX files or objs into 3d Exchange WITHOUT the texture maps. You can reapply them later in iClone.
buddhanature28
buddhanature28
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Wow thanks for your advice. It will load without the texture maps...so I am wondering are there some tutorials on how to repply the textures later? thanks...I was about ready to give up! :-)
buddhanature28
buddhanature28
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Also thje characher did import from daz but she is missing half her eyelids. I did the tutorial for touching up problems with the model...but that is the only bit I can't fix. Any ideas anyone? thanks!
buddhanature28
buddhanature28
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Unfortunately I still dont seem able to import the two models I want even when I leave the textures boxes unticked. Do I need to make sure they aren't on the base model at all and they can be applied later? I really wish there was a tech support number for iclone!
Edited
13 Years Ago by buddhanature28
buddhanature28
buddhanature28
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well it seems my excitement was short lived. I only successfully got 3dxchange to import one model. And the eyelids on that were messed up. The others just keep hanging it up again like before. Even the very base models with nothing applied from Daz. I tried reinstalling, and I tried getting rid of my old iclone software. Nothing has worked so far...
sara bzf
sara bzf
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)Senior Member (253 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello,
can you tell me what it takes to import content by daz3d? I would buy only the bare essentials.
Thank you
Teviniii
Teviniii
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

@Budd

First of all, you don't have to unclick any boxes in DAZ to remove the texture maps. Just don't allow them to load in 3dexchange. Here's how:

If you're importing an obj, just go into the maps folder and temporarily remove the textures associated with the obj. You can proportionally resize them in your art program. and reapply them later in iClone; but for now, get them out of that maps folder. Those 4000 x 4000 textures are the primary reason that 3d exchange is crashing. It's true that 3D exchange can reduce the texture size BUT that's of no use to you if it crashes before you arrive at that option.

If you're importing an FBX, the folder with the textures isn't created until you open the FBX in 3D exchange (this is before it crashes, of course). When 3d exchange prompts you for the FBX's animation details is your one opportunity to go into the FBX's newly created texture folder. You then temporarily remove those textures as I explained earlier for objs.

The trickiest part about reapplying textures to DAZ avatars is the eyelashes.

There's more I could add but I'll leave it at that for now. I've probably confused you enough.

Reading This Topic